• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tips for Successful Remote Fundraising Catalog Shows

In summary, Tracy is trying to figure out why a customer wants to pay tax on shipping and Tracy's day job is as an accountant. Tracy suggests that the customer could try to save the tax to their customers by charging for the shipping separately.
Kathytnt
I do a lot of remote fundraising catalog shows - Does anyone have any good letters to put in with catalog shows? :confused:

Needing something that covers basics like shipping to host versus direct shipping Shipping is taxed in most states etc.

Hmm, I have stuff to get a remote catalog host excited but nothing like you are looking for. Sounds like a good idea though.

Most guests don't understand why they need to pay tax on s & h - I don't either but I come out short all the time. One of my shows I was trying to close last night the mom I think wants something shipped to MA - SHow is in NY. She calculated $4 for shipping to the host but seems to have calcuated a different rate for the sales tax - Not 8% so I am tyring to get in tougch with the host. Either way the total on the check is not enough

Kathy,

She may have calculated 5% for the tax which is the rate in MA. Make sure that she doesn't want her daughter to deliver it to her.

I have a cousin in MA who has shows for me all the time and when our aunt in Conn orders it gets shipped to my cousin, now she has a great excuse for visiting.

Tracy

But she put down $4 for shipping (to host) and it's a $100+ order so I am shorted either way _ I guess once I figure out what she actually needed from her daughter I will just have to subtract it form my donation to the fundraiser - Had problems with 2 fundraisers yesterday and still have two more to put in

This doesn't help with the initial request (letter for fundraisers), but I made my own outside order form and I have already included the sales tax that goes on the shipping. I found it was just easier that way. I can cover a couple, but when a host has a bunch of outside orders and every one of them is short 24 cents (we've got 6% tax here in MI), that adds up pretty quick.

HO has a sales tax guide online behind Consultant's Corner that you can use to get tax rates. You could then modify the forms for your remote shows to include the appropriate shipping tax.

Just a thought.

Attachments

• blankOOF MI.doc
    64 KB · Views: 282
Why there is tax on shipping!My day job is as an accountant, and the reason tax is applicable on shipping as well is businesses could take advantage of that fact should it not be taxable.

Sales tax is a consumption tax and must be charged for all goods, including shipping. A vendor(supplier) if he wanted to try and save the tax to his customers (thereby providing an overall lower cost) could make the item cost $1 plus tax, and shipping $200. Therefore only charging tax on $1 and beating his competition in price by not charging tax on the $200. Hence the government is smart and make it all taxable to avoid situations like this.

But a shipping company has no sales tax, because they only charge for shipping and there is no consumption of goods.

Hope that helps clarify it for you and your customers.

I was told by my director that the reason why there is tax on shipping is not because PC wants more money, but it depends on state law. If your customers don't like paying tax on shipping blame it on the state and its representitives! lol! That is what I tell my customers who complain!

Cheryl Mackey
Cooking Pampered Style in Louisiana

by the way - what is a remote fundraiser?

Cheryl again

Sorry - I should have said a catalog show at a distance. Too far for me to do a cooking show.

I have used the "varies by state" and "state law" comment at my show and the customers stop complaining everytime! It works.
Joanne

1. How can I successfully promote my remote fundraising catalog show?

To successfully promote your remote fundraising catalog show, you can utilize social media, email marketing, and word of mouth. Create eye-catching graphics and posts to share on your organization's social media pages and encourage your supporters to share it with their networks. You can also send out an email blast to your mailing list, including information about the show and how to participate. Don't forget to reach out to friends, family, and colleagues and ask them to spread the word as well.

2. What are some ways to incentivize people to participate in my remote fundraising catalog show?

Offering incentives is a great way to encourage participation in your remote fundraising catalog show. You can offer discounts or free products for reaching certain sales goals, or offer raffle prizes for anyone who makes a purchase during the show. You can also create a sense of urgency by setting a deadline for when orders must be placed to be eligible for the incentives.

3. How can I keep track of sales and orders during my remote fundraising catalog show?

Pampered Chef offers a convenient online tracking system for catalog shows called the "Host Dashboard." This tool allows you to track sales, orders, and incentives earned in real-time. You can also use this tool to send reminders and follow-up messages to your supporters to ensure they don't miss out on the show.

4. How can I make my remote fundraising catalog show interactive and engaging?

To make your remote fundraising catalog show interactive and engaging, you can utilize video conferencing tools like Zoom or Google Meet to host a virtual cooking demonstration or Q&A session with a Pampered Chef consultant. You can also create fun challenges or games for your supporters to participate in during the show, such as sharing their favorite Pampered Chef recipe or creating a recipe using only Pampered Chef products.

5. How can I ensure a successful follow-up after my remote fundraising catalog show?

To ensure a successful follow-up after your remote fundraising catalog show, make sure to send thank you messages to all participants and keep them updated on the progress of the fundraiser. You can also use the Host Dashboard to track orders and reach out to anyone who may have missed the deadline to place an order. Additionally, consider sending a personalized thank you card or email to those who made a purchase to show your appreciation for their support.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Sheila
  • PCCHeather0506
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
jennpamperedchef
  • pampchef.angel
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies