• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Let the Hostess Do the Work for You..

In summary, this online idea is to decorate an envelope with a special gift and give it to the hostess when they get three bookings. It becomes very funny and people have a lot of fun with it.
pchefinski
I found this online.. a good idea :)

Decorate an envelope. Any type of envelope.
Inside you will place a piece of paper with a special gift written on it.
Seal the envelope.
Punch a hole in the top 2 corners of the envelope and put some yarn or string through the holes. Make sure that the yarn is long enough so it can be worn around someone's neck.
When you get to the hostesses home, tell them they must wear this until she gets 3 bookings. She then will be able to open it to find out what she has won!
It becomes very funny and people have a lot of fun with it. So you'll see people asking the hostess why she is wearing this thing around her neck and she will tell them that she can't take it off till she gets 3 bookings and that she'll find out what she's won. You would be very surprised as to how quickly those booking will happen. And the best part....you didn't really have to ask everyone. The hostess did the work for you!!!

That is an awesome idea!!!

thats too cute! Maybe I'll try that tomorrow night! What kind of gift should we offer?

Has anyone actually done this? And was it successful? And did the host agree to do it?

I've seen it done at parties I've attended as a guest. And at one of those, the host had to wear 4 items: 3 small ones that were for the people who booked, and 1 slightly larger one that was for her if she got 3 bookings. I don't think that host got 3 bookings.

I'm just asking because I really can't see any of my hosts going for it. Plus, I know if I were hosting a show of some sort, I'm not sure I would be into doing that.

I guess I just see this differently... I feel as the consulant that it's my job to secure the bookings... it's the host's job to have a great time with her friends. I do elicit her help, but only to promote how great the program is.

My only other thought on this is if it does turn someone off who was actually thinking about booking, she won't because she might be afraid that the consultant will make her do it at her show!

I've seen this in place at two different shows that I've attended. One time was at a passions party where the host had leis around her neck. The other time was at a lia sophia party where the host had dollar amounts around her neck. Neither time did those necklaces get taken or have people ask about them.

At my very first PC show I ever went to, the consultant did something similar. One booking the host got to hold a package. At the 2nd booking she got to open the package. When she got the 3rd booking she got to keep the gift inside the package. Or the consultant would order it for her.

Yes, Sarah, I've heard of people in my cluster doing that as well.

For myself - I do not like to feel like I am being pressured or manipulated into doing something, so if I were at a show (and I was - Discovery Toys show) where something like this was done, I would be very determined NOT to book a show!

I agree with Colleen, I wouldn't be all that thrilled about wearing the envelopes either. But I really like the concept. I think the package idea is cute. Especially when after the 2nd booking, the host knows what she is getting and would be more invested in getting someone to book that 3rd show. I'm thinking I would use something off of the host's wish list to MAKE SURE it is something she wants. Or maybe a gift certificate.

So what do you do if the friends just book so the host gets the prize and then they later cancel?

I've heard of some people doing this & giving the gift at the 3rd hosts show. That way you eliminate friends doing that.

I'm sure some people could keep track of it... but that would be WAAAAAY too much work (and thought process) for me.

katie0128 said:
I'm sure some people could keep track of it... but that would be WAAAAAY too much work (and thought process) for me.

LOL! This is one of the main reasons that I stopped doing incentives for booking! It was just too much work, remembering who booked because of an incentive, and who didn't.....and what they got for booking, and if they kept the original date they booked........my mind couldn't keep it all straight - and I found that the majority of the host couldn't keep it straight either.

No extra incentives this year, and I have the BEST Oct, Nov, and Dec bookings I've EVER had! Tonight I booked 2 more Oct Catalog Shows (because I have no
more open dates) and a January show. I have 7 Cooking Shows and 4 Cat. shows now for Nov., and 2 Cooking and a Catalog show for Dec.......and still 6 more shows to go in October! I think quitting all of the extra incentives was the best thing I've done for my business this Fall!

I agree that extra incentives are not necessary and too hard to keep track of. I do offer a Mini Serving Spatula for 40 contacts to send invitations. I can't hardly remember that either. Tonight I forgot the host gift (F/W SB) and the "bring a friend gift" (citrus peeler). Two people brought friends. I also received bookings by using and showing the November and December host specials. PC gives great incentives. I don't need to add more.

I do the tic tac toe game. Sometimes the host plays and it get her really motivated and others don't care about it at all. There is a box they can check off if they get a booking. Other than that, I don't offer anything.

JAE said:
I agree that extra incentives are not necessary and too hard to keep track of. I do offer a Mini Serving Spatula for 40 contacts to send invitations. I can't hardly remember that either. Tonight I forgot the host gift (F/W SB) and the "bring a friend gift" (citrus peeler). Two people brought friends. I also received bookings by using and showing the November and December host specials. PC gives great incentives. I don't need to add more.

I don't give the host anything extra either. Most are really happy with the free stuff they get from the benefits. And, as far as door prizes and incentives...whew! it's so hard to keep up with. i've got to try to simplify.

1. How does "Let the Hostess Do the Work for You" work?

When you host a Pampered Chef party, you have the opportunity to earn free products and discounts by inviting your friends and family to shop. As the hostess, you will receive a special link to share with your guests, and any purchases made through that link will count towards your rewards. This means you don't have to do any selling or collecting orders, the guests can shop directly through your link.

2. What are the benefits of "Let the Hostess Do the Work for You"?

The main benefit of this program is that the hostess gets to enjoy all the rewards without having to do any extra work. It also makes it easier for guests to shop, as they can do so at their convenience through the hostess's link. Additionally, by hosting a party, the hostess gets to try out new Pampered Chef products and recipes with their friends.

3. How do I become a hostess for a Pampered Chef party?

It's easy to become a hostess! Simply reach out to a Pampered Chef consultant and schedule a party. You can host a traditional in-person party or a virtual party. The consultant will guide you through the process and provide you with all the necessary information and materials to make your party a success.

4. Can I still participate in the "Let the Hostess Do the Work for You" program if I don't have a large network of friends and family?

Absolutely! This program is open to anyone who wants to host a party, regardless of the size of their network. You can still earn rewards and enjoy the benefits of being a hostess, even if you have a small group of guests.

5. Are there any additional costs or requirements for the "Let the Hostess Do the Work for You" program?

No, there are no additional costs or requirements for this program. The only thing you need to do is invite your friends and family to shop through your link. Your consultant will take care of all the details and handle any orders or questions from your guests. Hosting a Pampered Chef party is a fun and easy way to earn rewards and try out great products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kittychef
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • debbieskitchenhelper
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
letscook04
  • DebinCincy