• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is Attending a Leadership Conference Worth the Expense? Insider Tips and Advice

In summary, if you can only go to one conference, I would recommend going to National Conference. It has more training and opportunities for awards and special events.
Leigh0725
Okay,

I have the opportunity to go to Leadership Conference and am trying to decide whether it is worth spending the money for both Leadership and National? I'm already in conference club for national, so I'm not worried about that expense, just a little concerned with the expense that will be incurred for Leadership. Any and all advice would be great!

Thanks!

Have you been to NC before?

I have only been to NC, and it seems from what I've heard that Leadership is well... just that. If you WANT training on Leadership and developing a team of your own then go to Leadership Conference. If you're not too worried about it, just wait for NC.

If I had the funds to do both, I definitely would!

I have heard that Leadership is better...less people and more interactive training...more specialized I guess. I haven't been so I can't say for sure. I am hoping to get to go this year.

I have not been able to attend National Conference yet and may not be able to attend in 2008 (DH and I are trying to have a baby). However, I am still preparing to go to National Conference in the event that it takes longer to have a positive. ;) Just am not sure what to do. I think the Leadership training would be nice to have, however, I only have one active recruit and a possible maybe on the way. I know I'm just starting out, but don't want to pass up a good opportunity.

I would definitely go to Leadership then.

I went to NC this year, and I was within my first 90 days still... and I thought it was great. (Not saying anything bad about PC or NC at ALL... it was great) I did think that some of the trainings I had were not all that great, or maybe I just needed something more... I don't know. I would suggest you go to Leadership.

Leadership is a great opportunity and I highly recommend going. Having been to both conferences several times, I would recommend that if you can only do one I would pick National Conference. Leadership's training is leader based and it is very good. National HAS leader based training available to FD's and above as well and you can bring your team to it. There are more awards and special events at National. I love watching the first timers and their excitement among other things that you don't really get at Leadership.

Also, I feel that they gear more toward the upper level directors at Leadership so in my opinion, I feel like FD's and Directors are just allowed to be there to get the bug to promote up (kind of second class citizens). - Not totally but I've gotten that feeling. I know I'll get arguements with this comment but it's how I have felt at times when there.

Leigh0725 said:
Okay,

I have the opportunity to go to Leadership Conference and am trying to decide whether it is worth spending the money for both Leadership and National? I'm already in conference club for national, so I'm not worried about that expense, just a little concerned with the expense that will be incurred for Leadership. Any and all advice would be great!

Thanks!
Leigh0725 said:
I have not been able to attend National Conference yet and may not be able to attend in 2008 (DH and I are trying to have a baby). However, I am still preparing to go to National Conference in the event that it takes longer to have a positive. ;) Just am not sure what to do. I think the Leadership training would be nice to have, however, I only have one active recruit and a possible maybe on the way. I know I'm just starting out, but don't want to pass up a good opportunity.

Okay, just curious. I thought you could only go to Leadership if you were already a future director. Are you simply thinking positive, or am I completely out of the loop?:confused:

Yes, I'm thinking positively. It's pretty much a go on the second recruit, it is just a matter of getting her to sign the contract. She is wanting to get her shows lined up first and everything in order so she can start right out the gate.

I am just trying to get an idea of whether to attend Leadership in the event that I cannot attend National Conference. I would like to get some better training on recruiting and host coaching. I have not been to National conference before, so I do not have anything to compare it to.

Okay, that makes sense. I thought, "Oh, no! I've been missing out on this great opportunity all this time!"I know that the host coaching info I got at NC (along with some regional training) has helped me lots. I know the recruiting info I got was good. It just hasn't gotten me any actual recruits yet. I'm trusting that it will happen when it's supposed to happen. In the meantime, I'm learning and fine-tuning.

raebates said:
Okay, that makes sense. I thought, "Oh, no! I've been missing out on this great opportunity all this time!"

I know that the host coaching info I got at NC (along with some regional training) has helped me lots. I know the recruiting info I got was good. It just hasn't gotten me any actual recruits yet. I'm trusting that it will happen when it's supposed to happen. In the meantime, I'm learning and fine-tuning.
The training will not get you any recruits. What you do with the information is what will do it. Action not osmosis.

I know you know this but it's amazing how many people (including me) think "I went to conference and took the class but nothing happened" when they should be thinking "I went... and took... and then I went home and did... and it helped me reach my goals!"

True story: Once upon a time I wanted to be a director but didn't ask. Two people asked me and I was a FD. I went to Leadership and thought "this is great I should be a director". I went home and did the same things I had been doing. The following July I went to National and (lightbulb) saw the big picture and REALLY wanted it. I did things differently and recruited. But they didn't all qualify... so I went to Leadership and got rejuvinated and learned more and went home and did things differently and promoted! You can too!!

Yeah, I know. The Furry Guy is convinced it's just that I haven't connected with the right people. I've got a list of "someday" people. It took me 5 years to sign, so I'll be patient.

I've decided that I will be attending Leadership, and was curious if you get tours like at National conference? I haven't attended National conference yet, thus, have not been able to tour HO. Just curious. :)

Leigh0725 said:
I've decided that I will be attending Leadership, and was curious if you get tours like at National conference? I haven't attended National conference yet, thus, have not been able to tour HO. Just curious. :)

No.. because HO is in Chicago and leadership is in Cincinnati. At NC you can take a bus to HO and tour because it's local.

You'll be SO happy you went to Leadership!!!!! It is the BEST thing you can do for yourself, your business and your TEAM!

See you there! ;)

Talk about total Blonde moment. I honestly new that. i don't know why i was thinking we were in chicago for Leadership.

1. Is attending a leadership conference worth the expense?

As a representative from Pampered Chef, I can confidently say that attending a leadership conference is definitely worth the expense. These conferences provide valuable insights, networking opportunities, and education that can greatly benefit your business and career growth. Plus, the knowledge and connections gained from a conference can have a positive impact for years to come.

2. What are the benefits of attending a leadership conference?

Attending a leadership conference offers numerous benefits such as learning from industry experts, gaining new perspectives and ideas, and building relationships with other professionals in your field. These conferences also provide opportunities for personal and professional development, as well as access to valuable resources and tools that can help you excel in your role.

3. How can attending a leadership conference help me advance in my career?

Leadership conferences are designed to help individuals develop and enhance their leadership skills. By attending a conference, you can learn new strategies, techniques, and best practices that can help you become a more effective leader. Additionally, the networking opportunities at these conferences can open doors for new job opportunities and career advancements.

4. What sets a leadership conference apart from other professional development opportunities?

While there are many forms of professional development available, leadership conferences offer a unique experience that cannot be replicated through other means. These conferences provide a platform for face-to-face interactions with industry leaders and experts, as well as the chance to connect with like-minded professionals and build a strong network of support and resources.

5. How can I make the most out of attending a leadership conference?

To make the most out of attending a leadership conference, it's important to come prepared with specific goals and objectives in mind. Take advantage of the sessions and workshops that align with your interests and career goals, and actively participate in discussions and networking opportunities. It's also helpful to connect with other attendees and follow up with them after the conference to maintain those relationships.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• slapsappyhappy
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
jbdowd0798
  • cmdtrgd
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
katie0128
  • chefann