• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Korean BBQ Chicken Recipe with Olive Oil and Onions - Tips and Reviews

In summary, to prepare Korean BBQ chicken, marinate it in a mixture of soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, ginger, and sesame oil, then grill until fully cooked and caramelized. Other types of meat can be used, with adjusted cooking times and use of a meat thermometer. Popular side dishes include kimchi, pickled vegetables, steamed rice, and Korean-style coleslaw. The dish can also be made in the oven by baking at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 25 minutes, or broiling for a crispy exterior. The spiciness can be adjusted by adding more or less gochujang to the marinade.
TheFreddiesCook
has anyone ever used the Korean BBQ sauce with chicken in the DCB? I just put some olive oil and onions on bottom, a few chicken breasts on top and then poured 1/2 cup of the sauce on top and microwaved for 15 min... Do you think this can work? Has anyone done it with this or any other sauce? I am just afraid it won't turn out right...

p.s.- It's cooking right now...

Never done this- let us know how this turns out.

I LOVE the Korean BBQ Sauce! I put green beans in the microcooker, steam then toss with korean bbq. Tastes like seshwan (sp?) green beans-yum!

Hi there! Yes, I have used the Korean BBQ sauce with chicken in the Deep Covered Baker and it turned out great! The flavors really infused into the chicken and it was a hit with my family. I have also tried it with other sauces, such as teriyaki and honey garlic, and they all turned out delicious. I would suggest giving it a try and see how it turns out for you. Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Happy cooking!

1. How do I prepare the chicken for Korean BBQ?

To prepare the chicken for Korean BBQ, start by marinating it in a mixture of soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, ginger, and sesame oil for at least 2 hours. Then, grill the chicken over medium-high heat until it is fully cooked and caramelized.

2. Can I use a different type of meat for this recipe?

Yes, you can use other types of meat such as beef or pork for this recipe. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly and use a meat thermometer to ensure it is fully cooked.

3. What sides dishes go well with Korean BBQ chicken?

Some popular side dishes for Korean BBQ chicken include kimchi, pickled vegetables, steamed rice, and Korean-style coleslaw. You can also serve it with a variety of dipping sauces like gochujang or ssamjang.

4. Can I make this recipe in the oven instead of grilling?

Yes, you can make this recipe in the oven by baking the marinated chicken at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for about 25 minutes, or until fully cooked. You can also broil it for a few minutes at the end to get a crispy exterior.

5. How spicy is this Korean BBQ chicken?

The level of spiciness can be adjusted to your preference by adding more or less gochujang (Korean chili paste) to the marinade. The recipe as written is on the mild side, but you can increase the heat by adding more gochugaru (Korean chili flakes) or using a spicier brand of gochujang.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • A&JPCPals
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
A&JPCPals
Replies