• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Make-Ahead Kiwi Lime Cups for Work: Tips and Tricks

In summary, the author recommends making the cups the night before and filling them in the morning so that the base doesn't get soggy.
kam
Staff member
I want to make these to bring to work tomorrow...and I am thinking that I read somewhere (on here, of course!) that if they are made ahead that they get soggy (???) Not sure, but that is sticking in my memory for some reason.

Anyway, for anyone who has made these, when you made the cups from the sugar dough, once they cooled, did they seem like they might store well overnight?

I am thinking I would make the cups tonight and just make the filling and fill the cups in the morning.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!!

I believe it was in the thread about the new SB recipes, I was reading it just last night. And yes, they said leave the cups, store overnight and fill the extras in the morning because the extras she had were soggy...but still yummy!

kcjodih said:
I believe it was in the thread about the new SB recipes, I was reading it just last night. And yes, they said leave the cups, store overnight and fill the extras in the morning because the extras she had were soggy...but still yummy!

Excellent! Thanks. So I wasn't imagining it! I had started to re-read through that thread - but it is over 7 pages and I think I started skimming too much and couldn't find it.

So, that is what I'll do. I'll make the cups tonight. Can't wait to make these.

Just went through the thread I mentioned and here's the quote...

Kiwi-Lime Dessert Cups: YUMMY!!!! I could have eaten the entire batch. Everyone loved these. Great demo recipe. FYI--we didn't get all of them eaten so I refrig. the rest. Base gets very soggy. So recommend leaving filling out if you won't use all of them.

Of course I started at the last page of the thread and this was on page 3 LOL. Hope that helps :)

kcjodih said:
Just went through the thread I mentioned and here's the quote...

Kiwi-Lime Dessert Cups: YUMMY!!!! I could have eaten the entire batch. Everyone loved these. Great demo recipe. FYI--we didn't get all of them eaten so I refrig. the rest. Base gets very soggy. So recommend leaving filling out if you won't use all of them.

Of course I started at the last page of the thread and this was on page 3 LOL. Hope that helps :)

haha! I remember skimming through that post and never saw the part about the soggy base - I must have been scrolling too fast earlier.

1. How do I make the kiwi lime cups?

To make the kiwi lime cups, you will need kiwi fruit, limes, sugar, and phyllo cups. Start by peeling and dicing the kiwi fruit and placing it in a bowl. Then, zest and juice the limes and add it to the bowl with the kiwi fruit. Mix in some sugar to taste. Finally, spoon the mixture into the phyllo cups and serve chilled.

2. Can I use a different type of fruit for the cups?

Yes, you can use any type of fruit you like for the kiwi lime cups. Some popular alternatives include strawberries, mangoes, or even a combination of different fruits. Just make sure to adjust the amount of sugar and lime to taste.

3. How long do the kiwi lime cups last?

The kiwi lime cups should be consumed within 24 hours of making them. The phyllo cups may become soggy if left for too long. We recommend making them fresh for best results.

4. Can I make the kiwi lime cups ahead of time?

Yes, you can prepare the kiwi lime cups ahead of time by prepping the fruit mixture and storing it in the fridge. However, we recommend filling the phyllo cups right before serving to maintain their crispiness.

5. Are the kiwi lime cups suitable for a gluten-free diet?

The kiwi lime cups are not gluten-free as they are made with phyllo cups, which contain wheat flour. However, you can try using gluten-free phyllo dough or a different type of cup, such as a gluten-free tart shell, to make them suitable for a gluten-free diet.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
esavvymom
Replies
Views
JaimeAnnR
Replies
Views
Admin Greg