• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Fixing Sticky Kitchen Shears: Tips & Tricks

In summary, customers who have kitchen shears that stick together can fix the problem by spraying cooking oil on the blades and using them a few times.
StacieB
Gold Member
I have a customer who has a pair of kitchen shears that stick together when she uses them!! Does anyone have any tips for fixing this problem?

I would love to know too! My mom's does the same thing, yet she doesnt want to part with them for 2-3 weeks to exchange them! She even put WD-40 on them.

BTW, Congrats on earning level one in your first year of business!!

I have level one in my 2nd year and really wanted level 2, but its not gonna happen for me this year.....

Thanks Amanda!! Congrats to you too!! Next year we will both get a trip!!!

The new ones? Mine are already broken. They literally fell into 2 pieces. I really don't like them as well as the white ones.

I would have to agree with you on that one. Mine broke too and before they broke they never really cut that well.

I really don't like the new ones either:thumbdown: I perfer the white ones..somehow they are made of a better quality I think. I use them for everything and haven't had a problem with the old ones yet:)

Well, I liked the white ones better, too, but I guess I'm getting used to the black ones now. (just keep missplacing that silly cover when I use them...grr!)

As for sticking, what I used to tell customers for the white ones, which I'm assuming will also work for the black ones, is, to first of all, clean it well. Then, spray cooking spray (kitchen spritzer), into the area where the two blades meet, by the "screw". Coat it really well, then open and close them a few times, to "work" the oil down into the unit. Wash it after a few minutes, to remove any excess oil, and it should be fine!

Hope that helps!
Paula

Thanks Paula, will let her know!!

I have had customers have this problem and finally I experienced this with my white ones. I took vegetable oil and slowly poured a little in the hollow groove on the inside of one of the blades. The oil worked its way in and they worked great. One customer commented on how she cut paper with it for a short while and they stuck, but once she ran them through the dishwasher they were fine.

What is the best way to remove sticky residue from kitchen shears?

The best way to remove sticky residue from kitchen shears is to soak them in a mixture of warm water and dish soap for 10-15 minutes. Then, use a scrub brush or sponge to gently scrub away the residue. Rinse with warm water and dry thoroughly.

Can I use vinegar to clean sticky kitchen shears?

Yes, you can use vinegar to clean sticky kitchen shears. Mix equal parts white vinegar and warm water in a bowl and soak the shears for 10-15 minutes. Use a scrub brush or sponge to remove the residue, then rinse with warm water and dry thoroughly.

What if the sticky residue is stubborn and won't come off?

If the sticky residue is stubborn and won't come off with soaking and scrubbing, you can try using a paste of baking soda and water. Apply the paste to the residue and let it sit for 10-15 minutes before scrubbing and rinsing.

Are there any kitchen products that can help prevent sticky residue on shears?

Yes, there are kitchen products that can help prevent sticky residue on shears, such as cooking spray or oil. Before using the shears, lightly coat the blades with cooking spray or oil to help prevent food from sticking.

How often should I clean my kitchen shears to prevent sticky residue?

It is recommended to clean your kitchen shears after each use to prevent sticky residue from building up. However, if you notice residue starting to form, it is important to clean them right away to avoid it from becoming more difficult to remove.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcjodih
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • Letsgetcookingnow
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • cpaylor