• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Kids' Cooking: Rocky Road Brownies & Blizzards in 3 Weeks!

In summary, Shari is doing a Mommy Daughter show this weekend and is making brownies with a brownie mix and fruit salsa in the MFP. The chips and salsa recipe is TBD, but it will probably include home made tortilla chips.
jaj529
I need some ideas for a kids cooking show. Ages 5-10. I was thinking rocky road brownies with pre made brownie mix and blizzards in the MFP. Not sure yet though. Show is in three weeks. Any suggestions?

I actually did the Fajitas in the DCB and salsa in the MFP for a Kids Cooking Show last month. The kids loved using the Ultimate Mandoline (UM) for the onions and the Garlic Slicer for the garlic. I allowed those whose parents said they could to cut up the bell peppers with a knife. And I already had the chicken prepared so all I did was place it on top and while the meal was cooking, the kids took turns helping to make the salsa. I pretty much had all the ingredients prepped and they just put them in although they did use the Garlic Peeler and the Veggie Wedger (for the onion). That showed off how easy the MFP is.

So, the parents got to see how fast it is to provide an easy, nutritious dinner for the kids (as well as how safe products like the UM are). I got to provide some safety tips about using knives and being in the kitchen in general. And the kids were more than willing to eat both the Fajitas and the Salsa since they helped make it.

I know that's completely different than what you were thinking of doing, but I thought I'd throw it out there for anyone who it might help.

That said, how do we make blizzards in the MFP?! I love that idea. Just throw in some candy or cookies or whatever, mix it up and then add some ice cream? I'm totally intrigued!

Shari in TX

I'm actually doing a Mommy Daughter show this weekend... making the RR Brownies with a brownie mix and fruit salsa in the MFP with home made tortilla chips.

What's the chips and salsa recipe?

Hi there! As a fellow Pampered Chef consultant, I would love to help you come up with some fun and delicious ideas for your kids cooking show. Rocky road brownies and blizzards sound like a great start, but here are a few other suggestions that could add even more excitement to your show:1. Mini Pizza Party - Kids love pizza, so why not let them make their own mini versions? Set up a topping bar with different options like pepperoni, veggies, and cheese, and let the kids create their own personal pizzas using pre-made dough or English muffins.2. Fruit Kabobs - This is a fun and healthy option that kids will love. Provide a variety of fruits and let the kids put together their own colorful kabobs. You can even make a simple fruit dip using Greek yogurt and honey.3. Taco Bar - Tacos are another crowd-pleaser with kids. Set up a taco bar with different fillings like ground beef, shredded chicken, and beans, and let the kids assemble their own tacos. This is a great opportunity to teach them about food groups and healthy choices.4. Banana Splits - You can't go wrong with a classic like banana splits. Let the kids choose their favorite ice cream flavors and toppings like sprinkles, chocolate sauce, and whipped cream. This is a fun and easy dessert that the kids can help make.I hope these ideas give you some inspiration for your cooking show. Good luck and have fun!

1. What is "Kids' Cooking: Rocky Road Brownies & Blizzards in 3 Weeks!"?

"Kids' Cooking: Rocky Road Brownies & Blizzards in 3 Weeks!" is a cooking program designed for kids to learn how to make delicious and fun treats, specifically rocky road brownies and blizzards, in just three weeks. It is a hands-on and interactive program that teaches kids essential cooking skills while having fun in the kitchen.

2. What age group is this program suitable for?

This program is suitable for kids aged 8-12 years old. However, younger children may also participate with adult supervision.

3. Do the kids need any prior cooking experience?

No, this program is designed for kids with no prior cooking experience. Our experienced instructors will guide them every step of the way and teach them basic cooking skills.

4. What ingredients and materials are needed for this program?

The ingredients and materials needed for this program will be provided in a Pampered Chef kit, which can be purchased separately. The kit includes all the necessary ingredients and tools to make the rocky road brownies and blizzards.

5. Can parents join in on the cooking fun?

Yes, parents are welcome to join in on the cooking fun! However, they must purchase their own Pampered Chef kit to participate. This program is a great opportunity for parents and kids to bond over cooking and learning new skills together.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pchockeymom
  • KayteTUrner
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
KayteTUrner
Replies
Views
DeannaK1022