• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Missing the 'It's Good for You Cookbook'? Share your favorite recipes!

In summary, Carolyn would like you to do one of the following recipes at her show: Salmon Cakes with Cool Lime Sauce, Fast 'N Fresh Frittata, or Berries 'N Cream Wonton Cups.
ljvines
I have a host who has the ITS GOOD FOR YOU COOKBOOK and wants me to do one of the following recipes at her show...but I don't have that cookbook. does anyone have any/all of these recipes that they can share with me?:love:

pg 20 Salmon cakes with cool lime sauce
pg 76 Fast n Fresh Frittata
pg 114 Berries 'n cream wonton cups

I would really appreciate it! Normally I give a choice but this is a special host and I would like to do one of her choices if I can.:blushing:

Thanks!

ljvines said:
I have a host who has the ITS GOOD FOR YOU COOKBOOK and wants me to do one of the following recipes at her show...but I don't have that cookbook. does anyone have any/all of these recipes that they can share with me?:love:

pg 20 Salmon cakes with cool lime sauce
pg 76 Fast n Fresh Frittata
pg 114 Berries 'n cream wonton cups

I would really appreciate it! Normally I give a choice but this is a special host and I would like to do one of her choices if I can.:blushing:

Thanks!

Salmon Cakes with Cool Lime Sauce
(It's Good For You!...pg 20)

Sauce
1 lime
1/2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
1/4 cup fat-free sour cream

Salmon Cakes
2 (6 oz) cans skinless, boneless pink salmon packed in water, drained and flaked
1/4 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions with tops
1 Tbls snipped fresh cilantro
3/4 cup unseasoned dry bread crumbs, divided
1/3 cup fat-free mayonnaise
1 egg white

1. For sauce, zest lime using Lemon Zester/Scorer to measure 2 teaspoons zest. Juice lime juice using Juicer to measure 2 teaspoons juice. In Small Batter Bowl, combine lime zest, juice, mayonnaise and sour cream; mix well. Cover; refrigerate until ready to serve.

2. For salmon cakes, drain salmon using small Colander; place in small Colander Bowl and flake using Pastry Blender. Finely chop bell pepper and thinly slice green onions using Chef's Knife. Snip cilantro using Kitchen Shears. Add bell pepper, green onions, cilantro, 1/2 cup of the bread crumbs, mayonnaise and egg white to salmon; mix well.

3. Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup bread crumbs onto bottom of shallow dish or plate. Using Medium Scoop, scoop salmon mixture over bread crumbs; flatten with back of scoop to 1/2 inch thickness. Turn to coat evenly with bread crumbs.

4. Heat Family (12 inch) Skillet over medium heat until hot. Cook salmon cakes 6-8 minutes or until golden brown, carefully turning once with Nylon Turner. Serve with sauce.

Makes 8 servings.

Fast 'N Fresh Frittata
(It's Good For You!...pg 76)

3 Tbls snipped fresh chives
1 tsp olive oil
1/2 lb fresh asparagus spears, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
3 cups frozen potatoes O'Brien with onions and peppers, thawed
1 garlic clove, pressed
3/4 cup reduced-fat shredded cheddar cheese, divided
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp ground black pepper
1 (16 oz) carton pasteurized refrigerated egg product
2 small plum tomatoes, sliced
Additional snipped fresh chives (optional)

1. Snip chives with Kitchen Shears. Heat oil in Large (10 inch) Skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add asparagus, potatoes and garlic pressed with Garlic Press; cook and stir 4 minutes. Reduce heat to low. Sprinkle chives, 1/2 cup of the cheese, salt and black pepper over potato mixture. Pour egg product over potato mixture. Cover; cook 14-15 minutes or until egg mixture is set in center. Remove from heat.

2. Meanwhile, using Ultimate Slice & Grate fitted with v-shaped blade, slice tomatoes. Arrange tomato slices in an overlapping circular pattern over top of frittata. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cover; let stand until cheese is melted. Garnish with additional snipped chives, if desired. Cut into wedges.

Makes 6 servings.

Berries 'N Cream Wonton Cups
(The Pampered Chef, It’s Good For You, pg 114)
Prep time: 15 minutes Bake time: 6-8 minutes

24 square wonton wrappers
1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 container (8 ounces) low-fat strawberry yogurt
1½ cups thawed, frozen whipped topping, divided
1 cup raspberries
½ cup blueberries
2 teaspoons powdered sugar

1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Using Pastry Brush, brush one side of each wonton wrapper with melted butter. Sprinkle wontons evenly with sugar using Flour/Sugar Shaker. Press each wonton, sugared side up, into cups of Deluxe Mini-Muffin Pan. Bake 6-8 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Remove wontons from pan to Stackable Cooling Rack; cool completely.

2. Place yogurt in Small Batter Bowl; fold in 1 cup of the whipped topping. Attach closed star tip to Easy Accent Decorator; fill with remaining whipped topping.

3. Using Small Scoop, scoop yogurt mixture into each wonton. Top each wonton with one raspberry and two blueberries. Garnish with whipped topping; sprinkle with powdered sugar. Serve immediately.

Yield: 24 wontons

Nutrients per serving (2 wonton cups): Calories 110 (24% from fat), Total Fat 3 g, Saturated Fat 2 g, Cholesterol 5 mg, Carbohydrate 18 g, Protein 2 g, Sodium 110 mg, Fiber 1 g

Diabetic exchanges per serving: 1 starch, ½ fat (1 carb)

Thanks Carolyn!Carolyn

You are awesome!! :angel: Thanks so very very much!!!

You're very welcome!

Hi. I am new to site and I am looking for some recipes from the "It's Good For you Cookbook". do you have some in text format. I want to put together a cooking demo for diabetic group at my church and give them some of the recipes.thanks

Just wow.
Nice recipes.
I am listing these also for next schedule.

1. What types of recipes are included in the "It's Good for You Cookbook"?

The "It's Good for You Cookbook" features a variety of healthy and delicious recipes such as soups, salads, main dishes, desserts, and more. There are also recipes for different dietary needs, including vegetarian, gluten-free, and dairy-free options.

2. Are the ingredients in the cookbook easy to find?

Yes, the ingredients used in the "It's Good for You Cookbook" are easy to find in most grocery stores. We focus on using fresh, whole ingredients that are readily available.

3. Can I adapt the recipes to fit my dietary restrictions?

Absolutely! We understand that everyone has different dietary needs, so many of the recipes in the cookbook can be easily adapted to fit your dietary restrictions. We also provide substitution suggestions to help you make the recipes work for you.

4. Are there pictures for each recipe in the "It's Good for You Cookbook"?

Yes, there is a full-color photo for every recipe in the cookbook. We believe that visual representation is important when it comes to cooking, and we want to inspire you to try new dishes.

5. Can I purchase the "It's Good for You Cookbook" online?

Yes, the "It's Good for You Cookbook" is available for purchase on our website. You can also find it at select retailers or through your local Pampered Chef consultant. Happy cooking!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• MichelleRoth
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
MichelleRoth
Replies
Views
chefchelsea
  • ejgcaffeinated
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies