• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Iso Gingerbread or Pumpkin Triffle Recipe

In summary, the recipe calls for 1 box gingerbread mix, 1 large box vanilla pudding, 3 cups milk, 1 large can pumpkin pie filling, and 16 oz whipped topping. I made it and it was really easy and it looked really pretty.
jrny2001
Silver Member
Hi All.
I am searching for a gingerbread or pumpkin triffle recipe to make at holiday shows. I don't know if one exists but I figured this was the place to go if it does!;)
Thanks!

I made this and it was really easy and it looked really pretty.

Pumpkin trifle
Ok let me just start this by saying that I am not good at writing recipes...I hope that this all makes sense...

Cake Layer
1 Box Vanilla Cake Mix (and ingredients to make it)
1 Tbsp Cinnamon Plus

Pumpkin Layer
1 Large Box Vanilla Pudding
1 1/2 cup Milk
1 (15oz) can pumpkin (without spices)
3/4 tsp Cinnamon Plus
16 oz Frozen Whipped topping (thawed)

Top Layer
1 Small Box French Vanilla Pudding
1 Cup Milk
8 oz Frozen Whipped topping (thawed)

1) Mix the Cinnamon Plus in with the cake mix, add the other ingredients that the box calls for. Bake. When cool, cube.

2)Mix large box of pudding, 1 1/2 cups of milk, Can Pumpkin, and Cinnamon Plus mix that well, fold in 16 oz Whipped Topping

3)Combine 1 cup Milk, Small box of Pudding, fold in 8 oz whipped topping.

To assemble your trifle place part of the cubed cake in the trifle bowl, put pumpkin mixture on top of that then top with pudding mixture. Repeat.

Yes, the Pumpkin Trifle was wonderful! (and easy)

I made it for the first time for a show last week (and made a small one at the same time in the prep bowl for my husband to try) and now he won't quit asking for me to make this for him! (and he does not want to wait for Thanksgiving!)

I made the cake in a 9x13 and only used half. Also, the trifle filled the ENTIRE trifle bowl up to the top (which I think looks nice). The top layer did not "fit" on top, so I put the remaining top layer in a bowl and brought it with me to the show. When I removed the cover off the trifle, I put the top layer into the EAD and "topped" the trifle off. It looked great!

BTW, it is not overly sweet.

Here's mine:

Pumpkin Gingerbread Trifle

1 box gingerbread, plus ingredients
1 large box vanilla pudding
3 c milk
1 large can pumpkin pie filling (not plain pumpkin)
1 16 oz container whipped topping
Sweet Cinnamon Sprinkles

Make gingerbread according to directions. Cool. Cut into 1/2 inch cubes.

Mix pudding and milk. Add in pumpkin pie filling

In Trifle Bowl, layer half of gingerbread, then half of pumpkin mix, then half of whipped topping. Repeat.

Sprinkle Sweet Cinnamon Sprinkles over top.

Last edited:
raebates said:
Here's mine:

3 c milk
Sweet Cinnamon Sprinkles

In Trifle Bowl, layer half of gingerbread, then half of pumpkin mix, then half of whipped topping. Repeat.

Sprinkle Sweet Cinnamon Sprinkles over top.

And this would be fine made up ahead of time and stored in the fridge right? I have never done a trifle before.

urbnk8 said:
And this would be fine made up ahead of time and stored in the fridge right? I have never done a trifle before.

One of the great things about Trifles is that they are almost always even better after sitting overnight!

Anyone try the cinnamon swirl box cake mix? Yummo!

urbnk8 said:

I almost always make my trifles a day ahead. It allows time for the wet layers to soak into the dry layers, melding the flavors.

janetupnorth said:
Anyone try the cinnamon swirl box cake mix? Yummo!
I'm going to be trying the spice cake pumpkin trifle for thurs!

Here's mine:

3 c milk
Sweet Cinnamon Sprinkles

Sprinkle Sweet Cinnamon Sprinkles over top

Rae,
I made this yesterday and all I can say is.....OH YA!! And of course Gimme more. Love It! Thanks for sharing.

We had the Mom's Apple Crisp Wed. night and reheated Thursday night with ice cream on top and the cinnamon sprinkles on top of the ice cream. That was good!

Glad you liked it, Shari.The Furry Guy took it to a carry-in at work on Wednesday. It was a huge hit.

ACK! I couldn't find the gingerbread cake mix anywhere. Do you think I could use spice cake mix and add dried ground ginger? I've never had gingerbread cake before...

Usually, in the stores around here, the gingerbread cake mix is with the muffin and cookie mixes - not right with the other cake mixes ~ if that helps.

but just adding ginger wouldn't make it gingerbread - you would probably want to add molasses also.....but not sure what the ratio would be. If you make it with just a spice cake mix though, I bet it would still be really good!

Yes, by us it is a little further down the cake mix aisle...more by the bread mixes and muffin mixes.

Last edited:
janetupnorth said:
Yes, by use it is a little further down the cake mix aisle...more by the bread mixes and muffin mixes.

In the two supermarkets I found it in, they were both also by the breads and muffins rather than the cakes.

I just went back and asked - all sold out. I went to Wally World, and the mix was sold out there. I'm trying the spice cake mix. I'll leave a little out to try and will tell you all how it worked. Wish me luck!

I'm sure spice cake mix will work just fine.

:thumbup: The spice cake worked just fine. Mmmm. Can't wait to try it tomorrow after it's melded.

I just made the double chocolate cinnamon dip. Another:thumbup: .

1. How long does it take to make the Iso Gingerbread or Pumpkin Triffle recipe?

The recipe takes about 30 minutes to prepare and 2 hours to chill in the refrigerator before serving.

2. Can I substitute the gingerbread for another type of cake?

Yes, you can substitute the gingerbread for any type of cake you prefer, such as vanilla or chocolate.

3. Do I need any special equipment to make this recipe?

No, you do not need any special equipment. A trifle dish or a large bowl will work for layering the ingredients.

4. Can I make this recipe ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the Iso Gingerbread or Pumpkin Triffle recipe up to 2 days in advance. Just cover and store it in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve.

5. Can I use canned pumpkin for this recipe?

Yes, you can use canned pumpkin puree for this recipe. Make sure to use pure pumpkin puree and not pumpkin pie filling, as it contains additional ingredients and may alter the taste of the trifle.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
abigailhutch
  • mgranich
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Jolie_Paradoxe