• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is My Website Name Too Hard to Remember?

In summary, The person's last name is difficult to remember, so they created a website using their first and last name. They think their website is too hard to remember, so they are considering changing it to something catchy like /cookingwithjessmine. Their website is everywhere, so they are hoping their customers will remember their website even if they do not remember their last name.
jchesley
I signed up for my PC website using my last name as the site, so my web address is http://www.pamp~~~~chef.biz/chesley

Is that too much to remember? People always misspell my last name because it is so close to Chelsey. I am at a loss for another name that would be memorable. I want to finalize it so I can order some car magnets. Any suggestions?

Jess

It looks good to me. You could even make a joke of it and say it is spelled chest-ley without the t.

Heck...better than mine...mine is TOO LONG...
it is .../carolyncooks2
the "2" is easy to forget -- but there was already a CarolynCooks...CarolynsKitchen and Carolyn.
At the time I got my site I had an inkling my last name would soon be changing (I was divorced but still using Ex's last name...but was seriously dating my DH and had a feeling we were soon getting engaged) so I couldn't use my last name...
I would love to change it but at this stage in the game -- it's on lables, cattys, car mags, stampers, heck - it's everywhere!

how about something catchy like /cookinwithjess

mine is...cookingwithshawnna...but, I don't see a problem with yours as it is. Your customers will have your last name and it will help them remember your website.

i used my name...lisacburns. I couldn't think of anything catchier, and i have to make sure to tell ppl to use the C as there is another lisaburns!
Unique is good!

mine is.....~~~~~...../getpampered2
I had a host call me the other day...a friend of her mothers...so someone she didn't invite...tried to place an order on my site for her show... When she was finished she realized the put it on another consultant's site...
I am assuming it is.../getpampered...without the 2.
I don't know how long that girl has been in business... But I doubt I am the second...i just picked 2..meaning "I am pampered, you get pampered too".
ANYWAY... The only thing I could tell her is that the guest has to call HO, cancel her order, and place it on my website, OR call me to minimize confusion.

I went to that girl's website, typed in my host's name, and it came up!!
Then I was really confused!! HOW COULD SHE HAVE a host with THAT name... it is an unusual last name!!
I figure it is cookies ..remembering MY host's name!!
I almost emailed that consultant to see if she got an order from someone she didn't know... but figured, I'd wait it out!
She's gonna get commission on that order...even if the guest cancels her order with her! It's her lucky day I guess!! I still haven't gotten the order, so I don't know how big it was...
Since I'm voice-less right now...I barely have a voice, I want to wait to call the host and see what happened. I am hoping she told the host her order, and the host is waiting until later to give me all her outside orders...
Fingers crossed that she doesn't say>.." Forget it!!"

But I feel the same as Dannyzmom... My website is everywhere...too late to change it! My last name is too hard to remember...everyone puts a "d" in it!! So I made it the same as my email address...getpampered2@yahoo

Last edited:
Mine is ____/melissalovescooking.....long but I hope easy to remember!

Put it on everything so they don't have to remember!!

I don't think yours is hard at all. mine is just my first and last name. no need to complicate things... lol. They know my name, or have something that has it on it. lol. So I have stuck with it.

mine is /Sueispampered , and I have not had any problems at all.

Too hard to remember???? Try:

/janicewisneski.....!!!!!:rolleyes:

You don't say where you're from. I'm in northcentral Indiana. I don't get a lot of website traffic because most of the people I know don't have computers. Seriously. You'd be shocked. Still, I think it pays for itself for the customers who do use it.

One of my recruits was pretty smart. Her name is Margie Wisniewski, but she shortened it to margiewis for her PWS. (Don't go look at it. She's on medical leave from PC, and hasn't updated it in a while.)

I used my userid from work so mine is /mamccal. Talk about cryptic but it is all over everything I hand out and haven't had any problems yet

I don't have the creative gene that my partner does for things like this but I came up with /jasonscreations. I thought it was clever enough because I don't cook, I create!

thanks everyone! I decided to keep it. I finally am qualified, so people can place outside orders on my site, YIPEE! Now it's time to order my car magnets & business cards.

Jess

I just used my last name too. I figured it was easier, and would hopefully eliminate confusion since hopefully they will have something with my name on it. You'll do fine no matter what you use.

jchesley said:
I signed up for my PC website using my last name as the site, so my web address is http://www.pamp~~~~chef.biz/chesley

Is that too much to remember? People always misspell my last name because it is so close to Chelsey. I am at a loss for another name that would be memorable. I want to finalize it so I can order some car magnets. Any suggestions?

Jess

I just use my initials..............biz/lmb. It seems to work good for me, and it's short enough to remember. Plus I put it on everything.

Hope this helps.

Linda Bishop
Independent Consultant

1. Is having a long website name a problem?

Having a long website name can make it harder for people to remember your website, but it is not necessarily a problem. It is important to ensure that your website name accurately represents your brand and is easy to spell and pronounce.

2. How can I tell if my website name is too difficult to remember?

If your website name is too long, uses uncommon or confusing words, or is difficult to spell or pronounce, it may be too hard to remember. You can also ask friends and family to try to remember your website name to get their feedback.

3. Will having a difficult to remember website name affect my website's success?

Having a difficult to remember website name may make it harder for people to find and visit your website, but it is not the only factor that affects its success. Other factors such as website design, content, and marketing also play a crucial role.

4. How can I make my website name easier to remember?

To make your website name easier to remember, try to keep it short and simple, use common words and phrases, and make it relevant to your brand and business. You can also use mnemonic devices or wordplay to make your website name more memorable.

5. What if my website name is already difficult to remember?

If your website name is already difficult to remember, you can consider purchasing a new domain name that is easier to remember and redirect your old website to the new one. You can also use social media and other marketing strategies to help people remember your website name.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kristen
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Kristen
  • heather4tpc
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • Denarella