Is it possible to sell from Australia?

Discussion in 'Bookings' started by MaryannNic, Apr 5, 2013.

1. MaryannNic

MaryannNic

My husband is thinking of taking a job in Australia. I know that Pampered Chef isn't there. I about the credit cards and shipments. But, we are going to set up a mail box in the US so things can be repackaged and sent to us while we are there.

I'm thinking it could still be possible. I think I would have to be the consultant acting as host each time, and I would have to deal with currency conversions. I just don't want to give up Pampered Chef! I really love it!

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

2. BethCooks4U

BethCooks4U Gold Member

Sorry but you can't sell outside the USA.

3. chefpatrice

chefpatrice Gold Member

I know that we have Pampered Chef Consultants in Canada, the UK, Germany and Mexico. I would call the Home Office to confirm.

4. Sheila

Sheila Gold Member

Sorry! You can't be a US Consultant selling to locals in any other country. Right now, we have sister corporations in the United Kingdom, Germany, Canada and Mexico ... but not yet in Australia.

1) You wouldn't be able to data entry their address, our system only takes US addresses.
    2) They wouldn't be able to do a warranty return from there.
    3) The cost to re-ship items from your US mailing address to overseas (think of the weight!) would probably outweigh the commission benefits
    4) You couldn't recruit & build a team.
    5) You'd be facing charges with Australian Customs since you are not paying import taxes.

5. chefjeanine

chefjeanine Gold Member

On the other hand, would there be a problem (perhaps computer issues) with her running catalog parties in the USA while she was in Australia?

6. chefpatrice

chefpatrice Gold Member

I thought that since she was moving there, that she might be able to move her business as well. That's why I suggested she contact Home Office. Thanks for clarifying!

7. MaryannNic

MaryannNic

It looks like I am going to have to part ways with Pampered Chef. So sad! But, we aren't there yet! So it's party time until then! :D

8. Sheila

Sheila Gold Member

If HO ever found out she wasn't in the US or on a US military base overseas, they'd more than likely drop her. They would be showing her earning income in the US, so there's the US taxes issue to consider. She'd have to have a US based bank account. They wouldn't deposit money to an overseas bank. Not being able to get catalogs & mail host packets would be a challenge too.

9. chefjeanine

chefjeanine Gold Member

Thanks, Sheila. I didn't follow the thought (obviously) through all these challenges. I've never lived overseas so the banking issues never crossed my mind. And then of course there ARE the paperwork issues.

: credit card