• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Interactive Chocolate Velvet Cake

In summary, the conversation was about using the Chocolate Velvet Cake recipe as an interactive show. One person suggested bringing potatoes and garlic cloves to show other tools and talk about collections and benefits of being a consultant. Another person advised against going up and down the stairs during the baking and resting time, and instead using the time to prepare the strawberries and talk about other products. It was also suggested to make the glaze before putting the cake in the microwave. Someone asked about the order of putting the cake and strawberries on the plate, and it was clarified that the strawberries should be placed around the edge of the plate and the cake should be popped out in the middle. Another person shared their success with using potatoes during the down time of the show.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
I'm doing the Chocolate Velvet Cake as my interactive show this weekend. Had anyone done this before? What did you do during the down time of it baking and resting. The host's house has two levels so we'll start at the top in the kitchen then go down to the living room so having everyone go downstairs while it's cooking, go upstairs to flip it out, downstairs while it's resting then back upstairs to finish it seems a little ridiculous.

You could bring some potatos and garlic cloves so they can sample other tools. (There is also a great flyer about the 'potato demo' somewhere here.) Use the opportunity to talk about the collections, host benefits, and being a consultant.

I would not do the up and down thing. Tell your host you've rethought this, and it won't work that way. There isn't that much down time because you need to get the strawberries washed and many of the stems cut. Then you need to slice the ones that go in the middle. You'll have a little time to talk about stones and cookware and knives. But there isn't enough time to go up and down.

Be sure to make the glaze before you put the cake in the microwave, because you have to microwave the glaze, too. The instructions state to put the glaze together after you put the cake in the micro, but then you have to wait. I put the glaze together first, then when the cake is in the micro, have someone hull the strawberries, someone slice them, and someone dip the whole ones in the glaze and place them on the plate. You have a chance to talk about the Core & More, Egg Slicer, Simple Additions, etc. while it's baking, then turn it out, glaze it, put the strawberries on it, and DONE!

Did you put the dipped strawberries on the plate first. How did you put the cake upside down on the plate with the strawberries already there?

We put them around the edge of the large round platter, then popped out the cake in the middle.

Thanks for the great tips! Guess I really didn't think this recipe through too much just really liked it. I forgot about the core and more, luckily it's in my TTA.

Just had to let you know, I did this show tonight and I remembered to bring a couple potatoes with me. So during the down time, we played with the UM, DCG, Forged Knives and the Food Chopper with the pototoes. I sold a DCG that I wouldn't have because of this! The guest was wanting to get one but not for sure. Since she actually got to try it and realized it could do more than just cheese, she was very happy. And it was great to fill time! I think I'll bring potatoes to every show from now on!

One side note about interactive shows: I used to do all my recipe before the show so the dishes were washed and ready to look at before the show. That's the only thing I'll miss, I'm so tired by the end of my show that doing dishes at the end sort of bites. Plus I use more than if I had done the recipe because I have multiple items out for people to use for different things.

I'm lost: what is the DCG???

I did it a couple of weeks ago as an interactive show and we loved it. I did bring a potato and a cucumber and carrot as well--showed the mandoline, did the cucmber/carrot flower and showed the Crinkle cutter and zester and of course the corer, and showed the v shaped cutter on the potato as well. My guests loved it, but there were only 6 at the show. My take on the interactive shows is they do well with less than 10, more than that and I've found them too chaotic. But the velvet cake was a huge hit.

Duh. Thanks.:eek:

1. What makes the Interactive Chocolate Velvet Cake different from a regular cake?

The Interactive Chocolate Velvet Cake is unique because it comes with a special mold that allows you to create a hidden filling inside the cake. This adds an element of surprise and excitement to the dessert.

2. What type of filling can I use for the Interactive Chocolate Velvet Cake?

You can use any type of filling that you like, such as jam, chocolate ganache, or even fresh fruit. The possibilities are endless and you can get creative with your flavor combinations.

3. Do I need any special tools or equipment to make the Interactive Chocolate Velvet Cake?

The only special equipment you will need is the Interactive Chocolate Velvet Cake mold, which can be purchased through Pampered Chef. It is easy to use and makes the cake baking process a lot more fun.

4. How long does it take to make the Interactive Chocolate Velvet Cake?

The total time for making the Interactive Chocolate Velvet Cake will vary depending on your baking experience, but on average it takes about 30 minutes to prepare and 45 minutes to bake. Allow an additional 15 minutes for cooling and filling the cake.

5. Can I use a different cake mix for the Interactive Chocolate Velvet Cake?

Yes, you can use any cake mix of your choice as long as it is a 15.25 oz. size. However, for best results, we recommend using a moist cake mix such as devil's food or chocolate fudge.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cheflorraine
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
GinaG623
  • babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
tinaglotzbach
  • Alanna1