• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cooking with a New Cocotte: Ideas to Share!

In summary, the conversation is about the new cocotte and people's thoughts on it. People are interested in ideas for using the cocotte, and they are wondering why the cocotte is not a stone (mini covered baker). There are also some ideas for marketing the cocotte as a dip or brie-topped baked soup.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
I got the new cocotte free and I'm looking at it wondering what I would make it in. I need some ideas so I can share with my customers!

I don't understand why this item isn't a stone (mini covered baker).

BethCooks4U said:
I don't understand why this item isn't a stone (mini covered baker).
That was my first thought when it came out. All of the instructions read just like stoneware only it's glazed on the inside and out.

wadesgirl said:
That was my first thought when it came out. All of the instructions read just like stoneware only it's glazed on the inside and out.

But it won't cook things quite the same. I'm interested in ideas too - besides roasting garlic.

It's basically a Brie backer. So you can heat up your Brie in it, but would also be nice for any hot dips. I will probably still be using the small round baker for either, but that's what a cocotte is for. It's not something we invented. lol

I am thinking any of our Brie recipes or dip recipes would work.

Dictionary.com definition of Cocotte: a round or oval casserole, usually of earthenware or fireproof porcelain, used especially for cooking an individual portion of meat, fowl, or game. Perhaps we can market it to singles for cooking meat?? We all have to put our thinking caps on.

It will be great for oatmeal at work - if you have to answer the phone, simply put the lid back on and it should keep it warm until you get back to it.

Mix your Cup a Soup in it or personal meatloaf,

I've been doing some reasearch on these. Here are some ideas I found (mostly for individual servings) baked puddings, eggs, individually-sized lasagnas or casseroles, french onion soup, individual desserts, sheppards pie, a gravy boat (just add a small ladel), mac n cheese....really anything in an individual size or could also be used to put a can of veggies in at supper. Not sure if a whole can would fit or not, but it would be cute!

You can even use it to store your salt in it and keep it on your counter (Like Rachael Ray)!

We made a breakfast casserole over the weekend...my daughter-in-law is a vegetarian so I put her portion in the cocotte...no oil (I wanted to see how it would do) and it worked perfectly! My daughter-in-law was impressed, but thought it was a little pricey for a single serving piece.

I used mine yesterday to reheat leftover penne w/ meatballs from the night before. We had put the leftovers in a large container, so I figured I'd just dish out what I want in the cocotte so it could be covered in the microwave while it cooked instead of putting it in a regular bowl and needing to cover it. Worked great and kept it nice and warm for me.

I wondered too, why our stoneware manufacturers didn't make this product. Maybe it would have been too expensive so we went to China and hence the inside glaze. I hope this is not a trend for our stoneware....I love that it's made in the US. I think any baked dip, artichoke, spinach, taco would be a wonderful use for this product. I remember seeing hot dips on the Better Homes/Gardens website a few months ago. For a selling tip - talk about taking a hot dip to an event over the holidays and giving to the host as a gift.

I can't wait to get this one. I'm going to be using it for baked soups a lot, but I also like to make individual shepherd's pies and so on.I think we're missing out a bit, marketing it for dips or brie. If that's what you're using it for, you only need 1! If you're using it to make cheese-topped baked soups or shepherd's pie or mac and cheese... suddenly you need enough for the whole family.

I'm going to try and use this as much as possible and will keep a list--with that in mind, I poured a full 22 oz. can of Bush's Baked Beans in it to heat them in the oven while I cooked some chicken. It all fit nicely.

I am hoping we get more recipes that call for roasted garlic! I LOVE roasted garlic and doing it in the microwave in the batter bowl isn't quite the same. This will be so nice for it, and I'm hoping this will lead to other things...it has so many health benefits. Roasting it just gives it another level of flavor.(Thanks for the other ideas too, though.)

Has some creative people put together a Cocotte recipe booklet yet?

I just had someone buy 2 Cocottes as gifts so I put together a few recipes for her in an OpenOffice file. There're only 5, but they're already in one place! If someone can tell me how to post them, I'd be glad to do it. Also, any recipe that worked for the Mini Oval Baker PC used to sell would work. That was 2 cups and the Cocotte is 3 cups.

My daughter asked to borrow mine for Thanksgiving so she can take frozen peas in it...thought that was funny!

CookinWithLynda said:
I just had someone buy 2 Cocottes as gifts so I put together a few recipes for her in an OpenOffice file. There're only 5, but they're already in one place! If someone can tell me how to post them, I'd be glad to do it. Also, any recipe that worked for the Mini Oval Baker PC used to sell would work. That was 2 cups and the Cocotte is 3 cups.

When you are posting a reply to the thread, be sure you "go advanced" so you get all of the edit options. At the top, where you see things like Bold, Italics, Underline, fonts, sizes, etc.....you'll see a Paperclip symbol. That is what you click on to add an attachment. A new window pops up and you click on the first "Browse" button to then find the file on your computer. Once you find it and select it, hit "Upload". Once it uploads, you'll see it listed in the box. Close the window, and finish your message.

CookinWithLynda said:

Was this ever posted? only saw a jpeg & pub. file of the same image....

I finally came back to this site and saw instructions on how to upload a file from my computer for the Mini Round Cocotte recipes. I'm trying it and I hope it works (however, computers & I are notoriously not on the same page!). Hope these help someone looking for recipes for this product.

Attachments

• PC Recipes - Cocotte.doc
    31.5 KB · Views: 813
Holy cow, I think I actually posted the file!!! :love:

byrd1956 said:
Was this ever posted? only saw a jpeg & pub. file of the same image....

I posted the recipes for the cocotte today (11/28/12). Hope they help you!

Thank you! I will send it to the lady that ordered the cocotte after the show closes. :)

wadesgirl said:

It is supposed to be part of the ceramic cookware, but it is just like the stone ware just glazed

I made a yummy peppermint patty dip in it and sold 3 of them!! 8oz of cream cheese (i use about 3/4) 8 oz of cool whip and 5 whole peppermint patties chopped up, 1 tbls of brown sugar. mix them all up, I cut some peppermint patties up and leave it on top. I used a candy cane as a scoop to make it more festive. Serve with Nilla wafers, bananas, strawberries or pretzels. It was a huge hit.

mvspenny said:
I made a yummy peppermint patty dip in it and sold 3 of them!! 8oz of cream cheese (i use about 3/4) 8 oz of cool whip and 5 whole peppermint patties chopped up, 1 tbls of brown sugar. mix them all up, I cut some peppermint patties up and leave it on top. I used a candy cane as a scoop to make it more festive. Serve with Nilla wafers, bananas, strawberries or pretzels. It was a huge hit.

sounds yummy! i bet our peppermint fudge topping would taste great in there instead of the peppermint pattties.

That is an even better idea!! Sell two products at once!!

I took the recipes shared from Lynda and then added them to another file someone shared with me from Facebook and put them together to make this. I edited things so that they reflect the new name of Garlic & Brie Baker. Let me know if you catch any mistakes. Change the info to yours before giving out to customers! (Just double click on my info in the footer and the footer editing thing will open up for you.)

Attachments

• Garlic & Brie Baker.doc
    857 KB · Views: 527
This is great thanks so much Lynda and Amanda!!!

Any summer recipes or ideas for the Garlic and Brie Baker???

1. What is a cocotte and how is it different from other cooking vessels?

A cocotte is a French term for a small, round cooking pot or casserole dish. It is typically made from cast iron or ceramic and has a tight-fitting lid. Unlike other cooking vessels, a cocotte is designed to retain heat and moisture, making it ideal for slow cooking and braising.

2. What types of dishes can I make in a cocotte?

You can make a variety of dishes in a cocotte, such as stews, soups, casseroles, and even bread. The tight-fitting lid and even heat distribution make it perfect for slow-cooking dishes that require long cooking times.

3. Can I use a cocotte on the stovetop and in the oven?

Yes, most cocottes are safe to use on both the stovetop and in the oven. However, be sure to check the manufacturer's instructions for the specific temperature and stovetop compatibility of your cocotte.

4. How do I clean and care for my cocotte?

To clean a cocotte, use hot water and a mild detergent. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive sponges that can damage the enamel. After use, make sure to dry the cocotte completely to prevent rusting. To maintain the longevity of your cocotte, it is recommended to season it with a thin layer of oil after each use.

5. Can I share my cocotte recipes with my customers?

Yes, sharing your cocotte recipes with your customers is a great way to showcase the versatility of this cooking vessel. You can also provide tips and suggestions on how to use a cocotte for different types of dishes to inspire your customers to try new recipes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • footballchef
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • pamperedbecky