• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Creative Recipes for Picky Eaters: Tips and Ideas for Trying New Dishes

In summary, the conversation is about finding suggestions for picky eaters who have limited diets and food preferences. The participants suggest sneaking in vegetables by pureeing them, trying recipes from the book "Sneaky Chef," and creating individual sizes/shapes of meals. They also discuss the challenges of cooking for picky eaters and the potential health concerns of a limited diet.
ahammons
Just wondering if you have any suggestions on what to make for the pickiest of eaters? And nope, I'm not talking about my kids! lol They will try anything at least once...thank goodness! :) I really want to try out some new recipes, but my hubby isn't too brave when it comes to trying new dishes. Okay, I'm not the bravest either - but he is terrible! haha Basically, the only veggies he'll eat are green beans, potatoes, corn...that's it! He won't touch anything w/ onions, peppers, etc. Also, it can't contain too much dairy b/c my youngest is lactose intolerant. Hmm... now I'm beginning to realize why we make the same dinners week after week! lol Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Have you tried chopping up other veggies so much that he can't tell they are there? We put different veggies in our meatloaf that way. It does tweak the taste, but it is nice. Try the Good Eats recipes.

Hmm.. that's a great idea! I'm sure he wouldn't even notice if he didn't see me cooking - I'll have to try it when he's working!! lol

I got a book today - havent' read it yet, but looks promising. It's called Sneaky Chef. All about how to sneak in healthy foods. There's a website - www.sneakychef.com. hth

I am so glad I dont have picky eaters. My friends kids are so picky one only lives off chips macaroni (kraft) Ramen Noodels and anything sugar.

You could try puree the vegetables as it might be the texture and not the taste that he does not like (my problem). I have found chopping stuff really helps but takes more time than throwing the vegetables int he food processor and pureeing. This works well for anything being added to a meatloaf or a caserole even as a "sauce" that you mix in with rice. If it is the taste of the vegetables it is harder to sneak it in (you'd never get it past me, honest many have tried).

LOL, if you give me a list of the foods he will eat I would probably know of several recipes. Almost all of my friends either have food allergies, are diabetic, or are, like myself, picky eaters.

One thing that helped for me was to write down the list of every food I would eat - which added up to a measly 20-30 food but it did make it easier to create a variety of meals once we had the list. I've done this with a number of my friends also. And because I'm used to cooking for picky eaters I rarely have kids refuse to eat at my table.

New tricks I've been learning with kids - making things in individual sizes/shapes (muffin meatloaf, mini-meat pies, etc) really helps. Pureeing vegetables also helps for things like pasta sauce so that the food is nutritious but they think it just pasta sauce.

Jennie4PC said:
I am so glad I dont have picky eaters. My friends kids are so picky one only lives off chips macaroni (kraft) Ramen Noodels and anything sugar.

Arent they afraid this is bad for their kids. I mean I dont have kids so I guess I shouldnt say anything. But too much of this stuff is bad for you.

1. What are some creative ideas for picky eaters?

Some creative ideas for picky eaters include disguising vegetables in dishes like casseroles or smoothies, offering a variety of dipping sauces for foods, and involving them in the meal planning and preparation process.

2. How can I get my picky eater to try new foods?

One strategy is to introduce new foods alongside familiar favorites. You can also offer small portions and encourage your picky eater to take at least one bite. It's important to be patient and not force them to eat anything they are not comfortable with.

3. What are some healthy options for picky eaters?

Some healthy options for picky eaters include whole grain breads and pastas, lean proteins like chicken and fish, and a variety of fruits and vegetables. You can also try incorporating healthy ingredients into familiar dishes, like using cauliflower in place of rice.

4. Are there any recipes specifically designed for picky eaters?

Yes, there are many recipes designed for picky eaters. Some websites and cookbooks offer a variety of kid-friendly and picky-eater approved recipes. You can also modify recipes to fit your picky eater's preferences, such as leaving out ingredients they don't like.

5. How can I make mealtime more enjoyable for my picky eater?

One way to make mealtime more enjoyable for picky eaters is to offer a variety of options and let them choose what they want to eat. You can also make meals fun by arranging food in creative ways or playing games with food. It's also important to avoid pressuring or scolding your picky eater at the dinner table.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • xxmandie1xx
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
xxmandie1xx
Replies
Views
etteluap70PC