• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Incorporate a 'Cooking with Kids' Aspect in My Children's Expo Booth?

I always forget these! I also like the idea of a coloring book with kid-friendly recipes. I hope this helps!
smilesarepriceless
Gold Member
I'm in a children's expo feb 28th, and they'd like me to incorporate in my booth...... a 'cooking with kids' aspect.. and I'm just not quite sure that I can realistically be doing a 'cooking with kids' demo, while manning my booth at the same time.

Any ideas, or thoughts?

The only things that come to mind are:
The Cut and Seal - PB&J (or just J with the current recall)
My Safe Cutters - Fab for kids!! You could have them cut cheese sticks ?

I'll keep thinking.

I have a booth at a two-day children's fair next weekend. My plan is to have the kids play with Play-Doh and use different child-friendly tools. They can try the My Safe Cutter, use the Garlic Press to make hair, etc. My 6-year-old loves coming with me to events, and he's going to help at the kids' table. He's excited.

I'm going to offer booking balloons as an incentive for the moms to book a party. I will be promoting my Mommy & Me parties as well as my Kids in the Kitchen classes, but my main goal is regular bookings.

Instead of demonstrating recipes, I might highlight a few key products, such as the Cut-N-Seal, Easy Accent Decorator and Creative Cutters. I will have other products on display, but at least I can be sure to talk about making your own cracker stackers with the Creative Cutters or uncrustables with the Cut-N-Seal. The Apple Wedger is also popular with moms...

Kelly

Bring help like a couple of teenagers to work with the kids.
I got WalMart to donate 200 cookies for the kids to decorate.

The Let's Eat Cookbook that is on the Outlet right now has some great quick and easy kid-friendly recipes. I use it a lot for my KITK Workshops.

We did a fair for Girl Scouts in the Fall. If we had an interactive booth we got a discount. We brought a ton (literally) of potatoes and had the girls peel, food chopper and with help use the mandoline. It was a huge success. With each group of kids we had at least 2 adults. As the girls were working with the potatoes we could talk to the adults. We had a gift basket to collect names. Our booth was big, a corner 10 x 10, and we had 2 people working. I may even consider a 3rd person next year.

Working with all of those potatoes is very messy. We were not prepared at the response of kids wanting to try it. In hindsite, we should have used plastic tableclothes.

Any ideas for a disply with no demo? I have a Children's event coming up and I am anti-demo at a booth. Does anyone have any suggestions for that? Current items only. Oh how I wish they would bring back our kid's line of products. There is a big demand for it!

QSP with water and glitter, you know the big shape kind?

Salad spinner
Cut n seal with instructions in a stand on how to make your own uncrustables.
mini cutters

Just a few....

Chef Kearns said:
Any ideas for a disply with no demo? I have a Children's event coming up and I am anti-demo at a booth. Does anyone have any suggestions for that? Current items only. Oh how I wish they would bring back our kid's line of products. There is a big demand for it!

Hey Girl,
How about setting up a cute colorful display just for kids on a table and setting out these items:

My safe cutter
Small cutting board
Finger Guard (I sell lots of these to parents)
Hold n slice
Small prep bowls
Mini serving spatula
Small spreader
All purpose spreader
Flexible funnels (it's funny but these are great for science experiments for my kids)
The Suds pump (with colorful soap)
Easy opener
Twixit clips
Mini whisk
Small micro cooker
Small slotted turner
Small bar pan
Decorator bottle set
Easy accent decorator (kids love this!)
Creative cutters
Baker's roller
Scoops
Festive holiday desserts cookbook

Wheww! Ok and use a cute colorful tablecloth, maybe have something cheap and easy to give to kids with your info on it, like a candy on a card!
Colorful Index cards or construction paper with easy kid friendly recipes to highlight the tools use.
You are good at adding color to the table with fruits (apples, oranges, lemons, etc...) and don't forget the balloons and confetti! I hope it works for you!

Debbie :D

smilesarepriceless said:
I'm in a children's expo feb 28th, and they'd like me to incorporate in my booth...... a 'cooking with kids' aspect.. and I'm just not quite sure that I can realistically be doing a 'cooking with kids' demo, while manning my booth at the same time.

Any ideas, or thoughts?

It's always great to incorporate something really EASY and fun for kids to do. Decorating cookies is a great idea with the decorating bottle set. Paper towels are a necessity, and don't forget a sign that gives a 2 minute time limit. Put some sprinkles, balloons, confetti, colorful tablecloth, etc.. Make it a fun, festive, vibrant table that attracts the kids! Talk to parents as kids use the tools. Also big important thing: LABEL your tools with something bright so they don't walk away with it. Add a feather or tie a balloon to them or something to keep them on the table.

Hope it works for you! And don't worry about baking lots of cookies, store bought sugar cookies work great and you can write them off at the end of the year if you can't get a local store or grocery to donate them! Tell them you'll advertise their cookies, it might work at a mom and pop bakery!

Debbie :chef:

Thank you Debbie for the great suggestions! I was drawing a big blank on child-specific stuff. Thanks!!

thanks fo the great tips and ideas......
much to think about....decisions :)

Even if you would make cupcakes from the silicone cupcake pan so they will see how nice they are and it will encourage them to make it prettier with different coulors, Bring out the spring colors. Have them cut a piece of cheese with the creative cutter so they can place on a cracker. Have juice for them and have them help you stir the QSP...

When I do booths at school fairs, I always have sugar cookies out for the kids to decorate using the Decorator Bottles. They love it!

1. What types of activities or demonstrations will be available for children at the expo?

At the Children's Expo, we will have a variety of hands-on activities and interactive demonstrations for children of all ages. Some examples include cooking classes, arts and crafts stations, science experiments, and fitness challenges. Our goal is to provide a fun and educational experience for children to enjoy.

2. Will there be any special guests or entertainers at the expo?

We are happy to announce that we will have several special guests and entertainers at the Children's Expo. These may include popular children's book authors, musicians, magicians, and more. Keep an eye out for announcements on our website and social media pages for updates on who will be attending.

3. Are there any age restrictions for the Children's Expo?

The Children's Expo is open to children of all ages. However, some activities may have age restrictions for safety reasons. We recommend that parents or guardians supervise their children at all times during the expo to ensure everyone has a safe and enjoyable experience.

4. Can parents attend the expo with their children?

Yes, parents are welcome to attend the Children's Expo with their children. We encourage parents to participate in the activities and demonstrations alongside their children. This is a great opportunity for families to bond and make lasting memories together.

5. Is there an admission fee for the Children's Expo?

There is no admission fee for the Children's Expo. However, some activities or demonstrations may have a small fee for materials. We recommend bringing cash or card for any additional purchases or activities your child may be interested in participating in.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pckellyd
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
pckellyd
  • pampered2007
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • leshelman