• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Idea for Enhancing 2011 Recipe Calendar

I like this one, too, Malinda. What do you think?I like this one, too. The cinnamon and nutmeg give it a great flavor.
raebates
Staff member
I've been thinking about the calendars, which those of us who ordered them will get next month. The 2010 calendar had a place at the bottom to put a business card or 2 x 4 label that could be seen all year long. The 2011 calendar has a space at the bottom of each month for a label, but not for one that's visible all year.

Here's what I was thinking. I want to put a label on each month with a tip or two that would be relevant to that month. I would, of course, include my contact info at the bottom of each of those labels. :p

I thought maybe some of you would like to join me in brainstorming tips to use. I figure if we start now we should have plenty to choose from by the time we need them. If you share a tip, be sure to note which month it would be for. I'll start.

September is National Rice Month. To add a flavor and nutritional boost to your rice, don't make it with water. Use milk for white rice and stock/broth for other rices. You can match the flavor to the dishes you're pairing it with like vegetable stock for pairing with a vegetable stir-fry.

This is a genius idea! I don't have anything to add at the moment...but I'm going to think of some things and come back to it!

I agree this is a great idea. If a good idea come to me I will be sure to post it.

I Also LOVE this idea....have to get back when I've had more sleep.

Here I was all excited that I had 3 suggestions. LOL! The good news is that we have plenty of time.

OCTOBER is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month: The fact is, many types of vegetables can prevent cancer and provide the protection against cancer. Not only do vegetables prevents cancer, they are also an essential member in a heart-healthy diet. Include at least 5 servings of vegetables and fruits daily and enjoy the benefits offered by them.I found this tid-bit about the veggies on http://www.healthcastle.com/vegetables-cancer.shtml. Since we do HWC in October too...thought it was appropriate. www.nbcam.org was about the October part.

I like that, Bobbi.Two down ten to go.

We can add one for:fundraising,
help whip cancer (May and October),
summer tip for salads
Keeping food safe on the grill
Keeping food safe in the heat.
quick recipes - for dip or seasoning (smokey bbq sauce comes to mind

Great ideas for subjects, Malinda. Got any tips to go with them?

Here's my tip: "Use a vinegar based barbecue sauce on your spareribs this weekend to increase calcium content - try this homemade sauce from The Pampered Chef@: 2 tbsp Pampered Chef Smokey Barbecue Rub, 1 cup ketchup, 2 teaspoons cider or white vinegar, and 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar - Wallah, the best sauce in town"

I like that, Malinda.

So with calendars arriving on door steps this past week, what have you decided on doing?? I love Rae's idea- so Sept is done, but I was thinking of doing a tool tip a few months that correspond with what is used in that month.

Mine arrived today. I decided to do a suggestion each month. For instance, for the first December I suggested using cookies wrapped in cellophane as gift decorations instead of bows.

Rae, I love your idea for the calendars. Do you have your tips typed up so you can attach them for us to use? I am not a creative person and you are all over it!

I liked this one from Dave's Facebook page. It would be a good one for July/August/Sept because of harvesting season.

"Sunlight doesn't ripen tomatoes, warmth does. Store tomatoes with stems pointed down and they will stay fresher, longer."

Also this one from Dave's page, would be good for the "grilling months."

"Poke a hole in the middle of the hamburger patties while shaping them. The burgers will cook faster and the holes will disappear when done."

(credit to Dave Barton)

Here are the ones I used. I put them on a 2 x 4 label. Of course, my contact info is at the bottom of each label. I've included the months here to make it easier for you, but I didn't put that part on the label.

December
Merry Christmas!

Make your packages stand out from the rest.
Use cookies for your package decorations instead of bows.
Just put the cookies in cellophane bags and tie with ribbon.
You can use the cookies as a name tags if you write
the recipient’s name on the cookie in frosting.

January
Happy National Oatmeal Month!

Most people make at least one get-healthy resolution.
Eating oatmeal is a great way to get your daily fiber.
Add a bit of cinnamon and fresh nutmeg to boost the flavor and decrease the amount of sweetener you need to add.

February
Happy North Carolina Sweet Potato Month!

No, they’re not yams. Yams are completely different.
Sweet potatoes are, however, packed with lots of nutrients. Bake them in a 400ºF oven for about 45 minutes.
Or, peel them, toss with a little oil and seasoning,
and roast them in at 350ºF for about 25 minutes.
Sweet, delicious, and good for you.

March
Happy Frozen Food Month!

Did you know that frozen fruits and veggies
are almost as good for you as fresh?
They’re usually frozen right after picking.
And, frozen fruits (thawed, of course)
work well in most baked goods.
Why not make some blueberry muffins to celebrate?

April
Happy National Pecan Month!

Keep your pecans and other tree nuts fresh longer
by keeping them in the freezer.
Pecans and other nuts add good fats, fiber, and protein
to whatever you’re eating.
Be sure to toss a couple of handfuls into your baked goods.

May
Happy National Barbecue Month!

Use a vinegar-based barbecue sauce on your spareribs to increase the calcium content. Here’s a great homemade sauce: 2 tbsp Pampered Chef® Smokey Barbecue Rub, 1 cup ketchup, 2 teaspoons cider or white vinegar, and 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar. Mix and use as you like.

June
Happy National Iced Tea Month!

Tea is good for you—black, green, or white.
The difference among those three is the age
at which the tea leaves are picked.
Herbal “teas” aren’t really teas. They’re infusions or tisanes.
Add some fruit juice to your tea for a
refreshing summer drink.

July
Happy National Culinary Arts Month!

If you’ve ever made anything to eat, you’ve practiced the culinary arts. Fancy or plain, no matter how much or how little creativity you use, making something to eat is an art.
Why not celebrate by trying something new this month?

August
Celebrate National Potato Day!
(August 19)

Baked, fried, mashed, scalloped, or sautéed,
potatoes are a staple in the American diet.
If the only way you’ve eaten potatoes lately is French fried, try something new. I have some good potato recipes
I’d be willing to share.

September
Happy National Rice Month!

Add a flavor and nutritional boost to your rice;
don't make it with plain water.
Use half water/halfmilk for white rice
and stock/broth for other rices.
You can match the flavor to the dishes you're pairing it with
like vegetable stock for pairing with a vegetable stir-fry.

October
Happy Breast Cancer Awareness Month!

The fact is, many types of vegetables can prevent cancer
and provide protection against cancer.
They are also an essential part of a heart-healthy diet.
Include at least 5 servings of vegetables and fruits daily
and enjoy the benefits offered by them.

November
Happy Pomegranate Month!

Pretty little jewels—that’s how I think of pomegranates.
To free the jewels from the peel, tap a large knife into
the closed end of the pomegranate and twist. Place a colander inside a bowl and fill with cool water. Hold the fruit under water while you gently rub the flesh-covered seeds.
The fruit will sink, while the peel and pith floats.
They add a great taste to salads and a pop of color to fruit trays.

December
Merry Christmas!

Want to make quick, easy turtles?
Preheat your oven to 250ºF.
Place an even layer of small pretzels on a baking sheet or stone.
Place a Rolo® on top of each pretzel.
Bake for about 5 minutes, just until candy is soft.
Press a whole pecan into the soft candy. Cool before serving.
Now, try to resist these. I dare ya!

Malinda Klein said:
Here's my tip: "Use a vinegar based barbecue sauce on your spareribs this weekend to increase calcium content - try this homemade sauce from The Pampered Chef@: 2 tbsp Pampered Chef Smokey Barbecue Rub, 1 cup ketchup, 2 teaspoons cider or white vinegar, and 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar - Wallah, the best sauce in town"

My husband LOVES our barbecue sauce recipe and asks me to make it all the time!! If you use Hunt's ketchup, there's no high-fructose corn syrup in it, either! YUM!!

PS - it's "Voila", not "wallah", even though that's how the word is pronounced. It's a French word, loosely translated it means "there you go". :)

voilà - the "a" needs the accent grave,if we're going to be entirely correct!

How big are these spaces on the calendar? Great idea!

ShellBeach said:
voilà - the "a" needs the accent grave,if we're going to be entirely correct!

How big are these spaces on the calendar? Great idea!

Yes, you are correct - I can't figure out how to do accents on my laptop, though!! ;)

These are awesome - thanks so much! I just posted a similar message about creative labels and was directed here. :) Just what I was looking for!

Thank you so much Rae. They're awesome. I love them & are using them.

You're very welcome.

I use address labels for everything, so I have adapted the labels (with some editing due to space) for Avery Style 8160 labels. They have no personal consultant info on them, I'm using my regular labels for that. It means that I put two labes on each page.

Good intentions got the best of me. I just wasn't getting to the office supply store to buy the right labels so I used what I have.

Attachments

• Calendar Labels.doc
    41.5 KB · Views: 446

What is the 2011 Recipe Calendar all about?

The 2011 Recipe Calendar is a collection of delicious and easy-to-make recipes that are perfect for everyday meals, special occasions, and everything in between. It also includes helpful tips and kitchen hacks to make meal preparation even easier.

How can I use the 2011 Recipe Calendar to enhance my cooking skills?

The 2011 Recipe Calendar is designed to inspire and challenge you in the kitchen. Each month features a different theme and a variety of recipes that will help you expand your cooking repertoire and learn new techniques.

Are the recipes in the 2011 Recipe Calendar time-consuming to make?

No, our recipes are designed to be quick and easy to make. We understand that people are busy, so we have included recipes that can be made in 30 minutes or less without sacrificing flavor or quality.

Can I customize the 2011 Recipe Calendar to fit my dietary restrictions?

Yes, we have included a variety of recipes that cater to different dietary needs such as vegetarian, gluten-free, and dairy-free. Plus, many of the recipes can be easily modified to fit your specific dietary restrictions.

How can I purchase the 2011 Recipe Calendar?

The 2011 Recipe Calendar is available for purchase on our website or through independent Pampered Chef consultants. You can also host a Pampered Chef party to earn the calendar for free or at a discounted price.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lt1jane
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
kristina16marie
Replies
Views
BeckyC5830
  • ChefSandyK
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies