• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ice Breakers & Party Games for Cooking Shows?

In summary, this conversation discusses ice breakers and games for a first cooking show, the left/right game being one, and the 106th anniversary of PC. The left/right game is a joke where everyone in the room is asked their name, age, and weight, and the person with the most M&M's in their hand at the end is the winner. Jenn822 explains the game to the reader. The 106th anniversary of PC is talked about, with the reminder that there are more than 106 products. Finally, the shopping night is mentioned and the reader is given a hint about what to buy for Christmas.
dancedivine
Hello!

I was just wondering if you all could suggest some ice breakers & party games for my first cooking show?

Thanks for any and all ideas!
:)

Queen of the shoppers, the left/right game & "have it, love it" ae 3 really popular games. If you go to "files" (top of the page) & type in "games" you'll find TONS of ideas :)

At my first show we played the left/right game and everyone loved it!

Thanks for the great suggestions! I'll definitely be using the left/right game. That one looks like a winner to me. :)

I have turned my guest introductions into a main part of my party (especially if I know the group is familiar with the product).

I ask them to find their favorite product in the catalog and put their finger in the book to mark the page. Then I ask them to introduce themselves, how they know the Host (if they do) and tell us what their favorite product is (giving the page number so everyone can follow along). Depending on the item, I may give some helpful hints or ask others if they have it and how they use the item.

The reason I do this? The guests are selling the products not me. Makes my job much easier and I believe the guests are happy not having me do so much talking!

The icebreaker that I use is a little joke. I say "okay, we are going to go around the room and I want everyone to tell us their name, age and weight..." I wait for the WHAT? and laughs, then I say, "Just teasing...seeing if you were paying attention. Seriously though, if you would tell us your name and favorite PC product." I tend to start with the host because I know her name.

Can someone explain the left/right game to me please? Thanks

I pass around a bag of M & M's and ask the guest to take as many or little as they want and hold on to them (not eat them). I then tell them about me and My Story while they pass them around. When I am done, I tell them that the number of M & M's in their hand is the number of things they need to tell us about themselves! My guests all LOVE this and they start cracking up laughing because someone ALWAYS grabs about 10!! (I usually use the regular size bag so they can't take too many)

This time of year I start things off and get everyone together by saying:As we gather and settle down to get started I want you to think about the number [today it would be 106]. What is significant about the number 106?The great thing about that is that it gives me a chance to talk about PCThere are 106 products? No, there are way more than 106 products.PC has been around for 106 years? Nope, but we are celebrating our 30th birthday this year. When they've given up (or someone has the right answer), you can tell them that's how many days there are until Christmas. When they groan tell them not to worry. They can start their shopping tonight.

raebates said:
This time of year I start things off and get everyone together by saying:

As we gather and settle down to get started I want you to think about the number [today it would be 106]. What is significant about the number 106?

The great thing about that is that it gives me a chance to talk about PC

There are 106 products? No, there are way more than 106 products.

PC has been around for 106 years? Nope, but we are celebrating our 30th birthday this year.

When they've given up (or someone has the right answer), you can tell them that's how many days there are until Christmas. When they groan tell them not to worry. They can start their shopping tonight.

OMG I love it!!!! =)

Why, thank you, Jenn822. :)

1. What are some good ice breaker games to use at a Pampered Chef cooking show?

Some popular ice breaker games for cooking shows include "Name That Spice" where guests try to identify different spices by smell, "Kitchen Scavenger Hunt" where guests search for various kitchen tools and gadgets, and "Food Trivia" where guests answer questions about food and cooking.

2. Can you recommend any ice breaker games that involve everyone participating?

One great game that involves everyone is "Recipe Exchange" where guests share their favorite recipes and discuss why they love them. Another fun game is "Chopstick Challenge" where guests use chopsticks to move small items from one bowl to another, with the person who transfers the most items in a minute winning a prize.

3. Are there any ice breaker games that are specifically geared towards team building?

"Kitchen Relay" is a great team building game where guests are split into teams and must work together to complete a cooking task with each team member completing a different step. Another fun game is "Foodie Charades" where teams must work together to act out food-related words or phrases.

4. How can I make sure my ice breaker games are inclusive for all guests?

To ensure inclusivity, try to choose games that do not require any special abilities or knowledge. You can also consider games that involve random selection or group collaboration rather than individual competition. Additionally, be mindful of any potential dietary restrictions when choosing food-related games.

5. Can I use ice breaker games to promote Pampered Chef products?

Absolutely! Many ice breaker games can be tailored to incorporate Pampered Chef products. For example, you can use "Pass the Product" where guests pass around a Pampered Chef product and have to name a creative use for it. You can also use "Kitchen Showdown" where guests compete to create the best dish using a specific Pampered Chef tool.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• aka1908
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ShelbyMichalek
  • Brenda Rutko
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • PamperedJess