• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Want a New Recipe for Chicken Breasts?

In summary, the person is thawing some boneless/skinless chicken breasts for dinner and suggests several recipes, including a baked dish with swiss cheese and cream of chicken soup. They also suggest another recipe, which is a variation of Chicken a la Teresa.
pamperedlinda
Gold Member
I'm thawing some boneless/skinless chicken breasts for dinner tonight. Anyone have a new recipe for them? I was going to make 15 min. fajitas, but I'm thinking I want something different. Any great ideas? Something other than grilling or baking. I'm also thinking about the Adobo Glazed Barbeque Chicken from the Grill it Quick cookbook -I made that with chicken breasts before and it is really good.

What's your favorite recipe?

this is baked but it is delicious & no fail so makes a great meal for company too and can be made ahead of time to bake later in the day.Chicken Ala Teresa
6 chicken breast fresh boneless skinless
6 slices swiss cheese (I use whole package of sliced )
1 can mushroom soup and add at least 1/2 cup white wine (more if you need, ha...it just tenderizes the chicken)
1-2 cups of pepperidge farm herb stuffing mix
1 stick melted butter or margarine

Breast in pan (can be frozen), cheese on top, mushroom/wine mixture on top
seasoning mix on top and melted margarine on top. Cover and bake at 375 for at least 45 minutes. Uncover to "TOAST" the topping a little bit.

Serve with Uncle Ben's Wild Rice and a caesar salad

My mom used to do this:

pund them out thin...spread "Alouette Garlic & Herb Cheese Spread" on each breast...roll it up & secure with a toothpick. Roll in egg-wash and breadcrumbs and bake til cooked thru.
Yummmmm

my daughter would suggest chicken cordon bleu

I've done the Teresa Chicken (without wine - although I like that idea!) in the crock pot.

And I just serve as is with a vegetable. It is good!

I got this from a Gooseberry Patch cookbook.

Take 1 can of cream of chicken soup and blend with 1/2 c. of chicken broth.
Lay 3 - 4 chicken breasts in a 9x13 pan. put a slice of swiss cheese on top of each. then spoon soup/broth mixture over each breast. Pour 2 cups of Stove Top on top and drizzle 1 stick of melted butter over it. Bake 50 minutes at 350.

This is quite tasty...a hit every time.

Whoa! It looks like what I just posted is quite similar to Chicken a la Theresa.

dannyzmom said:
My mom used to do this:

pund them out thin...spread "Alouette Garlic & Herb Cheese Spread" on each breast...roll it up & secure with a toothpick. Roll in egg-wash and breadcrumbs and bake til cooked thru.
Yummmmm

That sounds really good! I don't want to go to the store so I'll save this one for another day.

I love Chicken Michael :

Melt butter and some fresh crushed garlic in the 12 skillet -

Add chicken cutlets - cover with lid.

Cook 3/4 way thru

Throw in some Steamed Broccoli

Top with Shredded Cheddar cheese -
Pop in oven at 350 for about 30 minutes - serve with Rice or egg noodles

Chicken Georgia...which I have changed and made my own.

Basically I saute a pint of sliced mushrooms in a little garlic and olive oil, while cooking the chicken in the same pan. Top with swiss cheese.

I add a bit of white wine to it if I have it on hand...

It is so delicious.
I usually cut up the chicken breast into pieces for a few reasons, faster cook time and then I don't have to cut it up to eat.
I normally make this when Dennis is away and I take a plate of it and watch TV on the couch!
Also If I have some tomatoes on hand I will put some in the pan while cooking.

It probably should be called Vanessa's Chicken because I don't recall the original recipe. I got the recipe from jrstephens.

I cut chicken into chunks place in skillet with 1 T of apricot jelly/jam a few shakes of soy and a small can of crushed pineapples. Serve with rice or couscous... sometimes I add red peppers for color. The whole family loves it.

pamperedlinda said:
I'm thawing some boneless/skinless chicken breasts for dinner tonight. Anyone have a new recipe for them? I was going to make 15 min. fajitas, but I'm thinking I want something different. Any great ideas? Something other than grilling or baking. I'm also thinking about the Adobo Glazed Barbeque Chicken from the Grill it Quick cookbook -I made that with chicken breasts before and it is really good.

Here is a Yummy Cheesy Chicken recipe (from a good southern friend of mine) ;)

6 Boneless chicken breasts
Seasoned salt, such as Lawry's
1 10.75 ounce can Cream of Chicken Soup
6 slices Cheddar cheese
6 slices Swiss cheese
1 cup dry herb stuffing mix
1/4 cup butter, melted

1 recipe Parmesan Noodles (which I'll also give you)

Preheat oven to 350
Place chicken in a glsas baking dish and season with seasoned salt. Spread soup over chicken and top with cheese slices.
In a bowl, combine stuffing mix and butter. Mixture should stick together. Add more butter or stuffing if necessary. Spread over cheese covered chicken in baking dish.
Bake uncovered, for 50-55 minutes, or until browned and bubbling. Serve with Parmesan Noodles.

PARMESAN NOODLES-
9 ounces wide egg noodles, uncooked.
3 TB butter
Seasoned salt to taste (I prefer freshly gound black pepper, instead- as I'm not a huge fan of seasoned salt in my noodles)
3 TB sour cream
1/2 freshly grated Parmesan cheese

Cook noodles in boiling water until tender, Drain and return to saucepan. Add butter, seasoned salt (or pepper, :)) stirring until butter melts. Add sour cream and parmesan cheese, stiring to combine. Serve with chicken (this dish takes about 20 minutes to complete from start to finish)

Have fun with supper tonight!

ETA- I suppose I should have read the posts in the thread, first! Too funny...about three other people have a recipe similar to this one! LOL

Oven Baked Parmesan Chicken1/4 C. butter
1/2 C. flour
1/2 C. grated Parmesan cheese
2 tsp. dried basil
1 tsp. dried oregano
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
4 split chicken breasts (I have always used boneless skinless chicken, but split with skin is probably better)
1/3 C. milk Heat oven to 400. In 13x9 pan, melt butter in oven (5-7 min). Stir together all remaining ingredients EXCEPT chicken and milk. Dip chicken in milk and then coat with flour mixture. Dip chicken in butter, place skin side up in pan. Bake 45-50 minutes or till the chicken is fork tender and golden brown. Raspberry-Balsamic Glazed Chicken (this one is really really good)1 teaspoon vegetable oil
Cooking spray
1/2 cup chopped red onion
1 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
4 (4-ounce) skinned, boned chicken breast halves
1/3 cup seedless raspberry preserves
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1/4 teaspoon pepper Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat until hot. Add onion; sauté 5 minutes. Combine thyme and 1/4 teaspoon salt; sprinkle over chicken. Add chicken to skillet; sauté 6 minutes on each side or until done. Remove chicken from skillet; keep warm. Reduce heat to medium-low. Add 1/4 teaspoon salt, preserves, vinegar, and pepper, stirring constantly until the preserves melt. Spoon raspberry sauce over chicken. Personal Notes:
Other fruit preserves, such as apricot, blackberry, or peach will also work with this recipe. Preserves don’t need to be seedless. About the sauce, start with the recommended quantities for preserves and balsamic vinegar but adjust to taste. It is wise to use good quality balsamic. If you are to serve this with rice you might want to double the sauce. Sauce can be thinned with chicken broth. This is a quick, delicious and healthy meal. I was very surprised by how well it tasted. Cook time: 17 min.

Maple-Flavored Barbecue Chicken
• 2 tbsp. prepared mustard
• 2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
• 2 tsp. lemon juice
• 1/2 tsp. chili powder
• 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
• 4 boneless, skinned chicken breasts
Procedure
Place all ingredients in slow cooker/Crock Pot and cook on low for about 7 to 8 hours or until chicken is done. Remove meat, shred and return tosauce. Place on buns for sandwiches or serve over hot rice.

Chicken with Angel Hair pasta
1 lb of chicken breast, cut into cubes
2 tablespoons olive oil
2-3 whole carrots, peeled and cut up
2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
1 medium head of broccoli, cut up into small pieces
2/3 Cup of chicken broth (low sodium)
2 tablespoons dried basil
1/2-3/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
1 box angel hair pasta, cooked and drained.
Heat up a large skillet over medium heat with 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
Add chicken, cook until browned and remove from pan. Let drain on a paper towel covered plate.
Put the pan back over medium heat, add remaining olive oil.
Add garlic to pan and cook 2 minutes.
Add carrots to garlic cook 2-3 more minutes.
Add broccoli to carrots and garlic, cook 3-5 minutes.
Put the chicken back into the pan with the veggies and add chicken broth.
Bring pan to a slight boil and then reduce heat back to medium.
Let cook for 5-7 minutes more.
Add basil and cheese and stir thoroughly.
Serve over angel hair pasta with a little more grated parmesan cheese if desired.

Orzo with chicken and vegetables

3 T olive oil
1 Large onion, finely chopped
4 Garlic cloves, minced
1 sweet red pepper, diced
1 can (14 oz) chicken broth
2 C broccoli florets, cut into bite sized pieces
¾ C uncooked orzo pasta
1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1-inch pieces
1-1/2 C fresh or frozen corn
Salt and pepper to taste
¾ C grated Parmesan cheese

Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, garlic and red pepper. Cook for 2 minutes. Add broth, broccoli and orzo. Reduce heat to medium. Cover and cook for 6 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add chicken and corn. Cook an additional 8 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Remove pan from heat. Season with salt and pepper. Gently stir in cheese; serve immediately.

pamperedlinda said:

So are you saying you want to microwave it? Or you just don't want baked chicken. I love the Satay Chicken Pasta Salad from the new SBRC. I cooked the chicken in the microwave.

I love BBQ chicken pizza with lots of tomatoes over top. I also like the PC Hawiian chicken pizza recipe with pineapple.

My kids like it when I pound the chicken down, spread a tablespoon of onion/chives cream cheese over the chicken, roll it up and wrap bacon around it. Then I bake it.

I'm not good with grilled chicken. It always seems to come out dry and chewy. Yuck.

JAE, I meant something other than rubbing it with spices and popping it in the oven or on the grill.

Debbie - you've got some great recipes! Thanks :)

Get yo' man chicken
By Gina Neely

2 TB olive oil
6 skinless chicken thighs (I'm sure this will taste fine with the breasts you have, Linda- wait that sounded bad- with your chicken breasts...there, that's better :blushing: )
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
1 med onion, sliced
1 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup white wine
1 14.5 ounce can crushed tomatoes in thick puree
1 TB lemon pepper
1 TB dried rosemary
1 tsp dried thyme
Hot buttered rice
Fresh chopped parsley for a garnish

In a 12-inch Skillet, heat oil over medium high heat. Pat chicken dry with a paper towel. Season with salt and pepper. Brown chicken in skillet for 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate to reserve.
Pour off oil, leaving 1 TB in pan. Add onion to pan and cook for 3 minutes, or until tender. Add broth and white wine to pan, scraping brown bits of bottom of pan. Turn heat to high and cook for approximately 3 minutes minutes or until reduced by half. Add crushed tomatoes, lemon pepper, rosemary, and thyme to pan. Return chicken to pan.
Cover and cook over medium low heat for 30-40 minutes,
Remove chicken from pan, serve over hot buttered rice. Ladle sauce on top of chicken.
Garnish with fresh parsley if desired...

mmmm that sounds good too Kacey!

I have a great recipe on my website and I think I may have put it in the files here, too or posted in a thread. It was different and sooo tasty. My kids even liked it.
/jill is my website if you want to look. It was from BH&G last fall.

Here it is:

CHICKEN WITH CHERRY-GINGER CHUTNEY
This recipe is from Better Homes and Gardens, December 2007.

INGREDIENTS
4 medium chicken breast halves, each cut into 4 pieces
½ ts Ground ginger
1 Tb Olive oil
½ cup Dried tart red cherries
1 Large apple, cored and thinly sliced
1/3 cup Coarsely chopped walnuts
4 tsp Brown sugar
3 Tb Cider vinegar

DIRECTIONS
1.Lightly sprinkle chicken with salt, pepper and ¼ tsp ginger.
2.In skillet cook chicken in hot oil over medium heat 12 minutes (no longer pink). Transfer chicken to serving platter and keep warm.
3.Add fruit and nuts to skillet; cook, stirring frequently, 2 minutes.
4.For sauce, stir together brown sugar, ¼ cup water, vinegar, and ¼ t. ginger. Add sauce to skillet; cook and stir 30 seconds
5.Serve fruit and sauce over chicken.

pamperedlinda said:
mmmm that sounds good too Kacey!

I was trying to find some southern recipes for you my southern friend! :)

This recipe take a little work, but the end result is worth it. I made them for a cluster meeting and they were a tremendous hit.

Attachments

• Johns Awesome Pot Pies.doc
    27.5 KB · Views: 314
mmmmm, I love chicken pot pie! I prefer pie crust to puff pastry, but these sound delish!

The new salt and pepper are excellent on chicken breasts. Just saute in the stainless steel skillet/saute pan (depending on how many you are cooking). Place a little olive oil in the pan and then use the grinders with the salt and pepper on the chicken breasts. That is all you need----my family loves them! Very little needed on hand to cook them either.

If you have time for the crock pot, this is wonderful:

2 1/2 to 3 # chicken breasts (thawed from a frz. bag)
1 can Cream of Chicken soup on top in the crock pot.
Cook on low all day and your chicken will be tender as can be, you can shred it for other recipes too. It's quick, easy and tasty.
Deb

I got this one from Vanessa.

Pour salsa and cheese over the chicken breast and bake. Add sour cream if you like. It is so simple and delish!

Linda,
Do you get Tasty Tidbits? Theres a chicken recipe on there this month that looks soooo good!

My friend gave me this one:

Pour Catalina dressing over chicken breasts in a pan. Spread cranberry sauce (like thanksgiving type cranberry in a can) over the chicken. Shake some Lipton Onion Soup Mix on top. Bake for about 20-30 min in a 350 degree oven... yum!

So Linda, what did you make? :D

DebbieJ said:
So Linda, what did you make? :D

About and hour after I started this thread I remembered that I had a package of hamburger in the fridge that I bought the night before so I put the chicken back in the freezer and we had tacos! I'm definately going to give some of these recipes a try-out though - there's some yummy sounding ones on this list.

pamperedlinda said:
about And Hour After I Started This Thread I Remembered That I Had A Package Of Hamburger In The Fridge That I Bought The Night Before So I Put The Chicken Back In The Freezer And We Had Tacos! I'm Definately Going To Give Some Of These Recipes A Try-out Though - There's Some Yummy Sounding Ones On This List.
Roflol! :)

What the heck? Why does the quote feature do that funky capitalization thing sometimes!!!!

janetupnorth said:
What the heck? Why does the quote feature do that funky capitalization thing sometimes!!!!

I was wondering the same thing! I had to look at my original post to see if I actually typed it that way (so glad I didn't!). Now we'll see what it does to your quote....

Nope, it must be afraid of you......LOL :)

pamperedlinda said:

I've seen it happen to others, but that is the first time it has happened to me. I thought they maybe typed like that!

pamperedlinda said:

Oh, and computers are often afraid of me... :rolleyes:

Linda, I just saw this thread and read thru it...all the while, I'm wondering which recipe you're going to finally decide on. And then I saw you went with ground beef! (Reminds me of the old shaggy dog stories) :)

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kristina16marie
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
kristina16marie
  • brandy223
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
brandy223
Replies