• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Should I Name My PWS? Suggestions Welcome!

In summary, the name you choose for your website must have part of your first or last name in it. You cannot use any taglines or words from your website address.
pampered.chris
Gold Member
So I am going to get a PWS and I need help picking my name. Can it be "pampered.chris" like my email and such also? Or are there certain words that won't work?
Anyone have any suggestions for a great name for me?

It can be anything you want...mine is /Gingersnap ;)

When I did mine, my director suggested using my name...not catchy but I wanted people to associate me with PC...so if they know my name..they know my web address also...they don't have to try to remember something else...
Hope that helps! Good luck

i was trying to find a previous post about how some words aren't allowed to be in your name. Does this still apply?

I used my name - I think it makes it easier for customers to remember the website - I find the hardest part is getting them to remember the dot biz instead of dot com!! HTH!

Yes, some words apply - taglines, etc. ...and new ones HAVE to have part of your first or last name in them.Logon to CC and in the upper right corner click on the Policies and Procedures link. The policies are there.

Ginger428 said:
It can be anything you want...mine is /Gingersnap ;)

This changed in the last year.
It's all in the policies and procedures manual and was announced in a weekly bites.

I would go with your name...........first then last

I agree w/ Dor. Nobody gets the ".biz"
When I signed up, my name was taken, if you can believe that.
I also decided to drop my last name, to keep it simple. People have enough trouble spelling my first name.
Try to keep it short, it gets frustrating typing a long website name.
Too long, and it also won't fit on your business cards, or stamp.

Mine had always been the same as my e-mail. That was until earlier this year when I thought for some reason that I was done with PC. WHATEVE!!! LOL! Anyway..within about 2 weeks of turning off my website, DH and I had decided that PC was something I wanted to keep doing.
All that backround for this.....I had to add a s in my website address because erinyourpclady has the words in and you linked together. It very clearly states that you cannot use those words or any part of the tagline. I'll admit that I found it very annoying because I can't change my name! LOL!! But it has all worked out and I have moved forward!!
Anyway....I vote for easy...if you use your name folks will remember it.

When I got my web-site, there were no restrictions, and mine is /sueispampered. Right after I got mine, they changed it, and must use your name.

Mine was /yourkitchendiva

My name is no where in there! :) My name was taken- every form, variety and version of it... so was "The" kitchen diva... so I took your kitchen diva! :)

I think you shoud use your name.

mrssyvo said:
When I got my web-site, there were no restrictions, and mine is /sueispampered. Right after I got mine, they changed it, and must use your name.

Yep...there were no restrictions when I got mine the first time. Not so much the second time though! LOL!! If only my name wasn't Erin! LOL!!

janetupnorth said:
This changed in the last year.
It's all in the policies and procedures manual and was announced in a weekly bites.

AH-HA!!
Okie Dokie.....;)

One thing my director learned was that there was another Maureen at PC who got a few of her recruits and orders. Her name was biz/maureenK and people would just start typing maureen and they would be directed to another maureen. She now suggested to new consultants to use their full name.

1. What factors should I consider when choosing a name for my business?

When choosing a name for your business, it's important to consider factors such as your target audience, your products or services, and your brand image. You want your name to be easy to remember and relevant to your business.

2. Should I choose a name that is unique or more descriptive?

It really depends on your business goals and what you want your name to convey. A unique name can help your business stand out and be more memorable, while a descriptive name can quickly communicate what your business does.

3. How can I ensure that my chosen name is not already taken?

You can do a quick online search to see if the name is already in use by another business. You can also check with your state's business name database and the United States Patent and Trademark Office to see if the name is trademarked.

4. Is it important to have a domain name that matches my business name?

Having a domain name that matches your business name can make it easier for customers to find your website. However, if your desired domain name is not available, you can consider using a variation of your name or adding a keyword to make it unique.

5. Can I change my business name in the future?

Yes, you can change your business name in the future if you feel it no longer fits your brand or goals. However, it can be a time-consuming and costly process, so it's best to choose a name that you are happy with from the beginning.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Beaglemom49779
  • turtle15
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
candiejayne
  • Carissidy