• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Need Advice on a Catalog Show Push

In summary, the author's first few shows were successful, but she is having a hard time getting people to order through her catalog. She has sent an email to her contacts asking for orders, but no one has responded. She has decided to personal call some of her contacts to try and get more orders.
grins88
So, I thought I had this great idea this week....I am new, and my contacts are limited to the guests I have had at my first few shows (some of which are friends/family) and my regular friends and family. I have had an amazing week of first shows. My first show was on Friday and closed at $1101, second show on Saturday at almost $1133, third show on Tuesday (not closed yet, and only at $400, but still a good show), 4th show last night (probably going to close around $500), and my 5th show is tonight (I am expecting a HUGE crowd!). So....good shows, great week, I'm happy! My only problem is that I currently only have 1 firm booking in March, 1 yet to book, but probably going to be in March, and 1 wanting to book in June. So...I wanted to get my early March rolling a little better, and I came up with a catalog show idea. I sent an email to all of my contacts (remember, not terribly many....maybe around 40), for a catalog show "competition". I explained that my charter host gift was still eligible until the 10th of March, all of the host benefits, the stoneware sale (through the end of the month), etc. I "challenged" everyone to a catalog competition. For anyone who submitted a catalog show (or order over $150), they would get all of the benefits, the charter host gift, and a free cookbook (Season's Best). I also said that the person turning in the highest catalog order by the 10th would get a free Large Micro-Cooker. I really thought this was a good idea....but NO takers. I haven't had one response!
I really don't think I should email again because I don't want to seem like I'm hounding/spamming, but should I send out a reminder? Any ideas to make this better. I really want to get a few early March orders turned in, and I figured people would jump on the stoneware sale, but I'm getting nothing. Any ideas are welcome!!!

Call these people to make sure they got the email in the first place. And if they haven't, kindly explain what you're doing with it. Be excited!

I'm sure you're not getting a response simply because they never got the email.

I agree with Shelby. Since your contact list isn't that long you could personally call everyone with your offer. A second email will probably be just as effective as the first one.

What's the definition of insanity? Doing the same thing and expecting different results. LOL! We all do that though.

Thanks! I was afraid you were going to say that. I HATE the phone (I know...I have to work on that), and I don't ever want to be "that" person who is pushing her stuff on everyone, which is why I love email. But, deep down, I know that the phone is going to only be my friend in this business. I sent the email to everyone, but there are some who checked "No" for hosting on their door prize slips. Would you guys call them, too???

Hi there! It sounds like you've had an amazing week of shows, congratulations! It's great that you're already thinking ahead and trying to fill up your March calendar. Your catalog show idea is a great way to do that, and I can see why you thought it would be a hit. Sometimes, though, even the best ideas don't get the response we hope for. It's possible that your contacts are busy or not interested in hosting a show right now. That's okay! Don't be discouraged. Here are a few suggestions to help you get some early March orders: - Follow up with your contacts individually. Instead of sending a mass email, reach out to each person individually and ask if they've had a chance to look at the catalog and if they have any questions. This personal touch can make a big difference. - Offer a different incentive. Instead of a large micro-cooker, consider offering a different product or a discount on their order. Sometimes a different incentive can spark more interest. - Share your personal experience. Tell your contacts about your amazing week of shows and how much fun you had. People are more likely to want to host a show when they see how successful and enjoyable it can be. - Use social media. Consider posting about your catalog show idea on your personal social media pages. Your friends and family may be more likely to respond to a personal invitation from you. - Don't give up. Even if you don't get any responses right away, keep following up with your contacts and keep promoting your catalog show idea. Sometimes it takes a few reminders before people take action. I hope these suggestions are helpful! Remember, don't be discouraged if your idea doesn't get the response you hoped for. Keep trying and keep sharing the amazing products and opportunities that Pampered Chef has to offer. Best of luck with your shows and bookings!

1. How can I encourage more people to host a catalog show?

One way to encourage more people to host a catalog show is by offering incentives such as free products or discounts for reaching a certain sales amount. You can also use social media and word-of-mouth marketing to spread the word about your catalog show.

2. What are some effective ways to promote my catalog show?

Some effective ways to promote your catalog show include creating a Facebook event or group, sending out personalized emails or text messages, and offering exclusive deals or promotions for catalog show hosts.

3. How long should I give my customers to place orders for a catalog show?

It is recommended to give customers at least two weeks to place orders for a catalog show. This allows them enough time to browse the catalog and make their selections.

4. What should I do if a customer has trouble placing an order?

If a customer has trouble placing an order, you can offer to assist them by placing the order on their behalf or providing step-by-step instructions on how to place an order online. You can also suggest alternative payment methods such as paying with cash or check.

5. How can I keep track of orders and payments for a catalog show?

To keep track of orders and payments for a catalog show, you can use a spreadsheet or online tracking tool. You can also ask customers to include their order form and payment with their completed order and keep a record of each transaction.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• byrd1956
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • scrappergirl7
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • maestraMichelle