• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cookware for Flat Top Stoves: Is it Safe?

In summary, it is safe to use regular cookware on a flat top stove, but one should be cautious of using cookware with rounded or uneven bottoms. Cast iron cookware is also suitable for use on a flat top stove, but care should be taken to avoid scratching the surface. For best results, use cookware with flat and smooth bottoms, such as stainless steel, aluminum, and copper, or non-stick cookware on low to medium heat. Glass cookware can also be used, but it's important to check the manufacturer's instructions and avoid using rough or uneven bottoms. Cleaning cookware after use on a flat top stove is similar to cleaning after use on a traditional stove, using mild dish soap and avoiding abrasive cleaners or
jasonmva
Silver Member
I had someone ask me tonight if our cookware is ok to use on a flat top stove. Does anyone know the answer to this? She said she has some pans that have the rings on the bottom and it scratched her stove top. She is interested in ours if it doesn't scratch. TIA

Depends on the stove - normally yes - I have a flat top stove. However, there is a kind out there (my brother has one but don't know the type) that you can only have pans made of certain types of metal (a magnet has to be able to stick to the bottom) - no aluminum pans.

I have the professional and the generation II sets of cookware and have a flattop stove. I've never had any problems. I haven't used the executive cookware, but the other two have caused me nothing but JOY!

I have a flat top stove and LOVE my professionial AND executive cookware!!!:D

Dang you guys are quick! Not only that, YOU ALL ROCK!!! I think I just sold a set (if not both) CHA CHING!!!

1. Is it safe to use regular cookware on a flat top stove?

Yes, it is safe to use regular cookware on a flat top stove. However, it is important to note that not all types of cookware are suitable for use on a flat top stove. Avoid using cookware with rounded or uneven bottoms, as it can cause scratches on the stove surface.

2. Can I use cast iron cookware on a flat top stove?

Yes, you can use cast iron cookware on a flat top stove. It is a great option for its durability and even heat distribution. Just make sure to avoid dragging the cookware on the stove surface to prevent scratches.

3. What type of cookware is best for a flat top stove?

Cookware with flat and smooth bottoms is best for a flat top stove. This includes stainless steel, aluminum, and copper cookware. Non-stick cookware is also suitable, but make sure to use low to medium heat to avoid damaging the non-stick coating.

4. Can I use glass cookware on a flat top stove?

Yes, you can use glass cookware on a flat top stove. However, it is important to check the manufacturer's instructions to ensure it is safe for use on a flat top stove. Avoid using glass cookware with uneven or rough bottoms to prevent scratches.

5. How do I clean my cookware after using it on a flat top stove?

Cleaning your cookware after using it on a flat top stove is similar to cleaning after using it on a traditional stove. Use a mild dish soap and a soft sponge or cloth to clean the cookware. Avoid using abrasive cleaners or scrubbers, as they can damage the stove surface.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
millthayer
  • MomToEli
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
chefmelody
  • bridgetbakes