• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Towed Away on Mother's Day: A Tale of Misfortune

In summary, my husband and I went to Six Flags with our sons and didn't have a parking pass, so we parked across the street. When we were looking for a place to park, we saw entrances with tow away signs, so my husband pulled in. We were towed!
smspamperedchef
Silver Member
Ok! Well, had a nice Mother's Day, or so I thought. My husband and I took our 2 boys for a couple of hours to Six Flags this evening. (we have passes). Well, we never got a parking pass and didn't have the $45 today to get one so we parked across the street where tons of other cars were parked at the far end of a Restaurant's lot but next door to a vacant restaurant. When my DH was looking for a place to park he saw entrances that had tow away signs if you parked there so he didn't pull into one of those places. He found this lot and there was not a sign so we parked. Well, guess what!?!!? We got towed!!!:mad:

Come to find out, there was a sign but it was flipped around facing the wrong direction so we never even saw it until we started looking around. It is facing the parking lot so no one would ever see it until they left. We got several pictures from our cell phone so we have a good case. Many others were in the same boat as us but what we don't understand is there was one couple that had been there for about 5 hours who parked next to us and they weren't even towed.
A nice family gave me a ride over to the lot to try and get my van and I figured it would be maybe $75. OH NO!!! It was $244.10. I was so upset! I tried to get onto the lady about it and everything but she is just a clerk and told me I could complain to the transportation authority or whoever in the morning. Sounds like this is going to be a HUGE hassle to work this out. Filing a complaint, scheduling a hearing, etc. etc. etc. Please keep us in your prayers that we get this worked out. Also, my DH had a job interview last week and hopefully should know something this week. This job would make a huge difference in our lives!

Last edited:
My husband had a similar incident when he went to a UK football game. We didn't even try to fight it, but there was a sign where he could not see it when he pulled in. Understand your frustration!

I am so sorry to hear this! I hope it gets worked out!

1. What is "Towed Away on Mother's Day: A Tale of Misfortune" about?

"Towed Away on Mother's Day: A Tale of Misfortune" is a humorous short story about a woman who gets her car towed on Mother's Day and the chaotic events that follow as she tries to retrieve it.

2. Is this a true story?

No, "Towed Away on Mother's Day: A Tale of Misfortune" is a work of fiction.

3. Is this appropriate for all ages?

While there is no explicit content, some younger readers may not understand the humor in the story. We recommend it for ages 12 and up.

4. Can I purchase this story in a physical book or only as an e-book?

"Towed Away on Mother's Day: A Tale of Misfortune" is currently only available as an e-book.

5. Is there a lesson or moral to this story?

The story is meant to be lighthearted and entertaining, but it also serves as a reminder to always double check parking signs and regulations to avoid getting towed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• AJPratt
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
mommyhugz1978
Replies
Views
gaddischef
Replies
Views
3RingChef