• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Use Any Amount of Dough on My Pampered Chef Round Stone?

In summary, Becky says to take the ball-shaped dough and shape it into a round platter-friendly shape on the Large Round Stone, let it cool, and then use the lifters to transfer it to a platter. She also says to make the cookie and then break it up into pieces for us to snack on tonight.
babywings76
Gold Member
Okay, so I wrote earlier how I want to season my large round stone w/ handles. I went to the store today and bought 2 kinds of dough. I'm really in the mood for the chocolate chip cookie kind.

So, is there is certain volume of dough we use? I don't want to use too much and have it "grow" too big and go off the edge. That happened to me once when I tried to wing it. Of course that was a while ago and now I don't even remember how much I tried using that day. :rolleyes:

I JUST made the chocolate chip sensation from the old Delightful Desserts book. It called for an 18 oz package of cookie dough with the large round stone.

Great thanks!! :) Off to bake now. :D

Um, Beth? I'm back...Can you help me a little bit more? :blushing:What time and temp do you think? And should I let the dough get soft first and then shape it with the bakers roller? Do I spray the bakers roller? Do I flour it? Or do I shape it some other way and do it when the dough is straight from the fridge?I feel so silly...

Amanda - here are the directions for the Choc. Chip Sensation.....it tells you what you need to know. ;)

BTW - this is an awesome recipe!

(Delightful Desserts...pg 18)

1 (18 oz) pkg refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
1 (8 oz) pkg cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup sugar
1 pint (2 cups) cold half-and-half
1 (3.9 oz) pkg chocolate instant pudding and pie filling
1/4 cup chopped nuts

1. Preheat oven to 350F. Shape cookie dough into a ball in center of Large Round Stone. Using lightly floured Baker's Roller, roll out dough to 12-inch circle, about 1/4 inch thick. Bake 12-15 minutes or until edge is set. (Cookie will be soft. Do not overbake). Cool 10 minutes. Carefully loosen cookie from Baking Stone using Serrated Bread Knife; cool completely on Baking Stone.

2. In Small Batter Bowl, mix cream cheese and sugar until well blended; set aside. Pour half-and-half into Classic Batter Bowl; add pudding mix and whisk 2 minutes using Stainless Steel Whisk. Let stand 5 minutes until thickened.

3. Spread cream cheese mixture over thoroughly cooled cookie to within 1/2 inch of edge using Large Spreader. Spread pudding over cream cheese. Sprinkle with nuts. Cut into wedges using Slice 'N Serve. Serve immediately or refrigerate.

Makes 16 servings.

Thanks Becky! You beat me to it. :balloon:

BethCooks4U said:
Thanks Becky! You beat me to it. :balloon:

LOL - she sounded urgent (like she was standing there with the dough in her hand!) - and I didn't know when/if you'd be around! :D

ChefBeckyD said:
LOL - she sounded urgent (like she was standing there with the dough in her hand!) - and I didn't know when/if you'd be around! :D

Hey! No worries! I would have had to type it in and it looks like you probably had it already written up. That's what we're here for - to back each other up. Better to get 3 answers than none at all!!:chef:

Shoot! Now I just think I need to make that whole darn recipe it sounds so good! :D And I have those ingredients (well, not the 1/2 and 1/2, but I wonder if I could just use a little whipping cream and some 2% milk).So I take that big log shape and mold it into a round ball first? Oh ladies, wish me luck on that! I can see myself making a disaster out of this. :D :blushing:Okay, so when all is said and done...will I be able to transfer this to a round platter? I want to use this stone tomorrow. Maybe I better stick to just making the cookie and then breaking it up in to pieces for us to snack on tonight.I should keep this short and sweet cause I still need to clean my house and do some food prep for the party tomorrow! And dinner! I haven't figured out what we're doing for dinner tonight! LOL

ChefBeckyD said:

Just about! I preheated the oven to 375 and plopped the dough on the stone, looked at it and came running back to my computer. :p :eek: :rolleyes:

We tried to transfer it and it started to fall apart but then when it was totally cool it worked with the lifters that we used to sell.

I was so sad when I heard those got discontinued. I was just a customer then and didn't use my stone or bake anything that much, so I didn't understand how great a tool it was.

Hey! Guess what?! The flexible cutting mats were awesome at going under the cookie and lifting it off the stone and transporting it to the round platter! I'm so excited to have found another method for this! (and heck, another use for those mats!) :D

My first choice is to use parchment paper so I can transfer the cookie on the counter to cool and then remove paper. If I put the dough directly on the stone I use the large spreader or bread knife to loosen it from the stone after it has cooled for just a few minutes.
Enjoy your cookie!

Yeah, parchment paper is a great idea. I'll do that next time. This time though I was wanting it directly on the stone so it would help season my new stone. ;) I used the bread knife to loosen it first and then used the flexible cutting mats to scoot under and lift it.

babywings76 said:
Yeah, parchment paper is a great idea. I'll do that next time. This time though I was wanting it directly on the stone so it would help season my new stone. ;) I used the bread knife to loosen it first and then used the flexible cutting mats to scoot under and lift it.

Did you use two mats or just slide one under the cookie?

I used 2, one for each hand. Worked great!

Amanda,

I'm glad you asked about volume of dough needed. One time I grabbed the Walmart brand cookie that was bigger than the recipe required. It went over the edges and caught on fire in my oven. :eek: Very exciting. Luckily I was doing this at home and not at a party.

Only because I'm reading this old post (thanks for Chocolate Chip Sensation, my PC is acting up and I can't access my saved file), I have to add in my two cent's worth. If you have the Color-coated Serrated Bread Knife, it will work like a charm in loosening the cookie from the stone and once it has cooled completely, you can just push it around! The Forged Cutlery Bread Knife is too thick to work well. I transport on my stone if I bake it ahead of time.

What about the Lift and Serve?

babywings76 said:
I used 2, one for each hand. Worked great!

do you have the Mega Lifter? I would imagine that would work great!

Brenda.the.chef said:
do you have the Mega Lifter? I would imagine that would work great!

Yep, I think so too. :) When I started this thread it was before we came out with it. ;)

How bout the mega lifter! : - )

What is the "Huge Cookie on the Round Stone" recipe?

The "Huge Cookie on the Round Stone" recipe is a popular dessert recipe using Pampered Chef's Round Stone. It involves making a giant chocolate chip cookie on the stone, resulting in a crispy outer layer and a soft and gooey center.

Can I use any type of cookie dough for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of cookie dough for this recipe. However, it is recommended to use a recipe specifically designed for making a large cookie on a stone, as regular cookie dough may not spread and cook evenly.

Do I need to preheat the Round Stone before using it for this recipe?

Yes, it is important to preheat the Round Stone before using it for this recipe. This will ensure that the cookie cooks evenly and has a crispy crust. Preheat the stone in the oven at 350°F for 15 minutes before placing the cookie dough on it.

How long does it take to bake the "Huge Cookie on the Round Stone"?

The baking time for the "Huge Cookie on the Round Stone" will vary depending on your oven and the thickness of the cookie dough. Generally, it takes around 18-20 minutes to bake the cookie. You can check for doneness by lightly tapping on the center of the cookie - it should feel slightly firm to the touch.

Can I add any toppings to the "Huge Cookie on the Round Stone"?

Yes, you can add toppings such as chocolate chips, nuts, or sprinkles to the cookie before baking. You can also drizzle melted chocolate or caramel on top of the cookie after it has finished baking for added flavor and decoration.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • Careyann