• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How to Sharpen Old Pizza Cutter

In summary, it is recommended to sharpen your pizza cutter every 3-6 months, using a sharpening stone or handheld sharpener at home. For a serrated pizza cutter, it's best to use a handheld sharpener designed for serrated blades. The time it takes to sharpen a pizza cutter varies, but on average it can take 5-15 minutes. If a pizza cutter is too damaged to be sharpened, it's best to replace it with a high-quality option from Pampered Chef.
Anyone have any ideas about how to sharpen the old Pizza Cutter?

Ummmm...get a new one?

cmdtrgd said:
Ummmm...get a new one?

:D I was thinking the same thing :)

I can't imagine what you did that made it get dull. I've had mine for 11 years...use it ALL the time...pancakes, bar cookies, pizza, etc. It's still VERY sharp!

I have had mine for quite a long time....... and it's still sharp........ I use it all the time too!!

Cutting Board Pros & ConsNo suggestions on sharpening, but remember that WHAT surface you use to cut on can dull the blades on your knives, pizza cutter, food chopper, etc. Mine is many moons old and still sharp as ever (as my fingers have often discovered when washing).
Rita

Attachments

• Cutting Board Pros & Cons.JPG
    Cutting Board Pros & Cons.JPG
    30 KB · Views: 579
Better yet... ask my husband what he did to it!!! He lost the protective cover and swears it is somewhere around our kitchen... like I would not notice it??? I do have the new one, but just wanted to sharpen the old one too.

1. How often should I sharpen my old pizza cutter?

It is recommended to sharpen your pizza cutter every 3-6 months, depending on how often you use it. If you notice that it is becoming difficult to cut through your pizza, it's probably time for a sharpening.

2. Can I sharpen my old pizza cutter at home?

Yes, you can sharpen your pizza cutter at home using a sharpening stone or a handheld sharpener. Just make sure to follow the instructions carefully and take your time to avoid damaging the blade.

3. What is the best way to sharpen a serrated pizza cutter?

For a serrated pizza cutter, it's best to use a handheld sharpener specifically designed for serrated blades. These sharpeners have slots that can accommodate the serrations, ensuring an even sharpening.

4. How long does it take to sharpen an old pizza cutter?

The time it takes to sharpen an old pizza cutter depends on the condition of the blade and the sharpening method used. On average, it can take anywhere from 5-15 minutes to properly sharpen a pizza cutter.

5. Can I still use my old pizza cutter if it can't be sharpened?

If your pizza cutter is too damaged or worn to be sharpened, it's time to replace it. Continuing to use a dull or damaged pizza cutter can be dangerous and also affect the quality of your pizza slices. Pampered Chef offers a variety of high-quality pizza cutters that can be easily sharpened and will last for years to come.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jenniwest04
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
chefcharity
  • robotChef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • tractorgal