How to clean...Cutting Boards

Discussion in 'Products and Tips' started by lovescooking, Jan 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lovescooking

lovescooking Gold Member

I sure could use some help with this one. Does anyone have tips on how to clean the cuttings boards? Mine are stained and I do wash after each use.
    Any help would be appreciated.

2. pamperedlinda

pamperedlinda Gold Member

I put them in the dishwasher. Every so often I spray them with Clorox Clean-up

3. raebates

raebates CS Leader Staff Member

Soaking them in bleach water works pretty well.

4. gailz2

gailz2 Gold Member

I pour a bit of bleach directly onto them, they look like new, for a period of time till I use and stain them up again.

5. I put them in the dishwasher and when they are stained I use Soft Scrub with bleach--brush it on with the Easy Clean Kitchen Brush and then let it sit awhile til the stains fade.

6. lovescooking

lovescooking Gold Member

Thanks for the tips. I just tried the bleach and it looks great. Not to mention the Easy Clean Kitchen Brush looks better also.
    Thanks again for the help!!

7. Intrepid_Chef

Intrepid_Chef Silver Member

My kitchen brush goes in the dishwasher every few cycles.

8. Chefgirl2

Chefgirl2 Gold Member

If they get real stained and cut up you can take an electric sander to them and make them look brand new. Use extra fine sandpaper for one minute on each side. I've done this with the old one's several times. I haven't needed to do it with the new one. But when I do I'll need to use caution around the grey edges.

9. lovescooking

lovescooking Gold Member

I thought about doing that today after I got the stains out. I do put my cutting board and kitchen brush in the dishwasher but sometimes not all of the stains will come out. Nice to know that the bleach works.

10. Intrepid_Chef

Intrepid_Chef Silver Member

Mine get bleached any time raw chicken touches them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.