• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How to Clean a Microfiber Couch?

In summary, the recommended frequency for cleaning a microfiber couch is at least once a month to prevent buildup of dirt and debris. Water can be used to clean the couch, but it is important to check the manufacturer's instructions. To remove stains, blot with a clean cloth and then gently scrub with a solution of water and rubbing alcohol. A vacuum with an upholstery attachment can be used for regular cleaning. To maintain softness, avoid harsh chemicals and vigorous scrubbing, and regularly fluff and rotate the cushions. Avoid direct sunlight and heat sources to prevent the fabric from becoming stiff.
susanr613
Gold Member
I always find an answer on this board, so here's my question.

I have a dark red microfiber couch that could use a good cleaning. There are no visible stains, but DS and I eat/drink while sitting on it, and my smaller dog keeps us company on it.

I do not want to pay a lot of $$ to have it cleaned professionally. What should I use?

Thanks as always!

you're a sweetheart, janet - thanks so much!

I put a tiny bit of Woolite in water. Then I use a white dishcloth and gently massage or rub the bad spots. Then I use a dry, white dishcloth to soak up any excess water.

We have had a ChemDry company come and prof clean ours - it cost close to $400. But he recommended Mineral Water and a damp cloth

I find that baby wipes work for a few things - but not a lot

I have been using NORWEX Carpet and Stain Remover with a EnviroCloth

1. How often should I clean my microfiber couch?

The frequency of cleaning a microfiber couch depends on how often it is used and if there are any spills or stains. Generally, it is recommended to clean the couch at least once a month to prevent buildup of dirt and debris.

2. Can I use water to clean my microfiber couch?

Yes, you can use water to clean your microfiber couch. However, it is important to check the manufacturer's instructions as some microfiber couches may require specific cleaning solutions.

3. How do I remove stains from my microfiber couch?

To remove stains from a microfiber couch, start by blotting the stain with a clean cloth or paper towel. Then, mix a solution of equal parts water and rubbing alcohol and gently scrub the stain with a soft-bristled brush. Finally, use a clean cloth to blot the area and let it air dry.

4. Can I use a vacuum to clean my microfiber couch?

Yes, you can use a vacuum to clean your microfiber couch. Use the upholstery attachment and gently vacuum the couch to remove any dirt, dust, or debris. It is recommended to vacuum the couch before and after using any cleaning solution.

5. How do I maintain the softness of my microfiber couch?

To maintain the softness of your microfiber couch, avoid using harsh chemicals or scrubbing too vigorously when cleaning. It is also recommended to fluff and rotate the cushions regularly to prevent them from becoming flattened. Additionally, avoid placing the couch in direct sunlight or near heat sources, as this can cause the fabric to become stiff and lose its softness.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
JAE
Replies
Views
KimmyDarling
Replies
Views
Shawnna
  • debswork
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware