• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Much to Scrape off on Stoneware?

In summary, the recommended amount to scrape off on stoneware is about 1/16 inch. This is to allow for a thin layer of seasoning to build up, preventing sticking and improving browning. It is not necessary to scrape off the stoneware every time it is used, but it is recommended to remove any excess food or residue. Metal utensils should not be used on stoneware to avoid scratching or damaging the non-stick surface. Stoneware does not need to be re-seasoned often, but if food starts sticking or discoloration occurs, it may be time to re-season. To clean stoneware, simply scrape off any excess food and wash with warm water and mild soap, avoiding harsh chemicals and
slapsappyhappy
Silver Member
Hello,

I am a new consultant and I love my bar pan! I do not know how much I should be scraping off though because every time I use it and scrape off the food, it returns to the original color. There are spots where it is becoming seasoned, but I made bacon on it this morning and when I cleaned it almost everything came off!

How much am I supposed to be scraping off after each use in order for it to become properly seasoned? Thanks!

The stone is becoming more smooth (vs the scratchy feel it had when it was brand new) each time you use it and that's what counts! Don't worry about the color, that will come.

Scrape it all off! You don't want food residue and left over grime build up. Gradually over time it will get darker. It will be darker over time also where ever there wasn't food compared to where the food was sitting.

What is the recommended amount to scrape off on stoneware?

The recommended amount to scrape off on stoneware is about 1/16 inch. This allows for a thin layer of seasoning to build up on the stoneware, helping to prevent sticking and improve browning.

Do I need to scrape off my stoneware every time I use it?

No, you do not need to scrape off your stoneware every time you use it. It is recommended to scrape off any excess food or residue after each use, but the stoneware does not need to be completely clean.

Can I use metal utensils on my stoneware?

No, it is not recommended to use metal utensils on stoneware. Metal can scratch or damage the stoneware, which can affect its non-stick properties. It is best to use silicone, wooden, or plastic utensils on stoneware.

How often should I re-season my stoneware?

You do not need to re-season your stoneware often. With proper care and use, the stoneware will continue to develop a natural non-stick surface. However, if you notice food sticking or discoloration, it may be time to re-season your stoneware.

What is the best way to clean my stoneware?

The best way to clean stoneware is to scrape off any excess food or residue, then wash it with warm water and a mild soap. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive cleaners, as they can damage the stoneware. It is also recommended to avoid soaking stoneware in water for extended periods of time.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• MainStChef
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • chatnoir5638
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • km.spoiledcook