• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Will My Jalepeno-Infused Recipe Cards Stay Fresh Until My Retreat on the 28th?

In summary, fresh jalepenos can last up to 2 weeks in the refrigerator, while frozen jalepenos can last up to 6 months. Pickled jalepenos can last up to 1 year in the refrigerator. To check if jalepenos have gone bad, look for softness, discoloration, or a foul odor. To make jalepenos last longer, you can pickle them or store them in a vinegar and water solution in the refrigerator. Freezing is also an option for long-term storage.
ChefJWarren
Gold Member
I'm making gift bag inserts for my women's retreat group. I want to include the Tangy Pepper Pecan Brie recipe card with a jalepeno attached. I will put it in a small zip lock bag. HOw long will that keep? I'm also doing the brownie recipe card with rollo's attached.

What a cool idea! When I pick peppers from the garden, they last for a week or more on the counter, longer if kept in the fridge.

--Jenny L

The problem is they are collecting things for the gift bags now and retreat isn't until the 28th. I'm afraid they won't keep even if I put them in mini zip lock bags.

1. How long do fresh jalepenos last?

Fresh jalepenos can last up to 2 weeks when stored in the refrigerator in a plastic bag or container.

2. Can I freeze jalepenos?

Yes, you can freeze jalepenos for up to 6 months. It is best to blanch them first, then place them in an airtight container or freezer bag.

3. How long do pickled jalepenos last?

Pickled jalepenos can last up to 1 year when stored in the refrigerator in a sealed jar or container.

4. How can I tell if jalepenos have gone bad?

If jalepenos have become soft, discolored, or have a foul odor, they have likely gone bad and should be discarded.

5. How can I make jalepenos last longer?

To extend the shelf life of jalepenos, you can pickle them or store them in a vinegar and water solution in the refrigerator. You can also freeze them for long-term storage.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• toaster_pastry
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
Jacquelyn Scheel
  • Jules711
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
scottcooks
  • itsjustCarla