• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Efficient DCB Transportation Tips for Shows - Expert Advice

In summary, the best way to transport a DCB to shows is by placing it in a red crate with the lid inverted and resting inside, with any pantry items in the lid. Surrounding the DCB are any additional items needed for the show, such as food items for demonstrations. The lid and base can also be wrapped in a towel or a cookware protector for extra cushioning. Some also use a padded envelope or insulated tote for added protection. At the end of the show, the cookware protectors can be cross-sold as a way to store the DCB. It is important to take care of the DCB during transport and to use it at every show.
chefheidi2003
Gold Member
How do you transport your DCB to shows?? I am trying to figure out the best way..so I figured I would come to the best place for info like this.

Thank you in advance for your help.

In my red crate, with the lid resting inside of it. Then, any pantry items are in the lid. Beside it is my TTA filled. Tucked around it are odds and ends needed for my show - any food items I'm bringing for the demo, any last minute items the host would like for me to bring, etc...

I invert the lid on top and then place both pieces in the small padded "envelope" that I earned a couple years back and place that in the bottom of the Rubbermaid tote I take to shows.

Before I got my padded envelope (which is awesome), I would use a towel between the base and the inverted lid and wrap it up in my apron, bunching at the bottom for added cushion. Another method I tried for a while was keeping it in the box and just carrying it in separately. Hosts would be even more curious that I took such care with it, and I'd explain I was so in love with my magic pot that I gave it extra care. =)

right now I have it in my insulated tote..with the lid inverted sitting in the base..with paper towels between them..I am getting a supply order ready..and I thought about buying the padded envelopes on my order

I do the same inverted lid into the pot BUT instead of a towel I use one of my Cookware Protectors between the lid and the base. When i bring it out to show it and at the end of my show when i am putting it away, i cross sell the Cookware Protectors as a way to help store the DCB! Its like selling them in pairs! its great!

Cookware protector between the base and the inverted lid inside of the small envelope!

I also invert the lid, and put one of the bamboo towels between the lid and the baker. I most often end up carrying the baker separately, since everything else ends up filling up my crate.

AldeaY said:
I do the same inverted lid into the pot BUT instead of a towel I use one of my Cookware Protectors between the lid and the base. When i bring it out to show it and at the end of my show when i am putting it away, i cross sell the Cookware Protectors as a way to help store the DCB! Its like selling them in pairs! its great!

I also do the cookware protectors, and they work great.

Thanks for the cross selling idea!

Same as many already posted- inverted lid with a towel in between inside the small padded envelope. If I had the cookware protectors I would use that.

I put a cookware protector between the lid and bottom.. keeps it from rattling around :) and reduces the chance of it chipping. also get to show off the pan protectors too when I whip out the Stone!! :)

I too put a cookware protector between the pan and the inverted lid and keep it in the small padded envelope. I was putting it in the middle section of the carryall tote but lately I have been carrying it separately in the tote bag with the clear catalog sleeve on the outside. I have to watch how much I carry so keeping the heaviest thing separate has helped.

Thank you so much everyone..I have the cookware protectors..and I think that I am going to add the small padded envelope to my supply order..thank you so much for your help..I don't do a lot of shows..but I am starting to pick up with how many I do..so I wanted a good way to transport it..I try to use it at every show..and I think that if there is a show where i don't need it..that is still something that I might take..just because I love it so much.

Wow - thanks everyone for the Cookware protector idea.

I am embarrassed to say that mine are sitting down in a cupboard in my office. I completely forgot that I had them!

Running down to get them out right now!

chefheidi2003 said:
Thank you so much everyone..I have the cookware protectors..and I think that I am going to add the small padded envelope to my supply order..thank you so much for your help..I don't do a lot of shows..but I am starting to pick up with how many I do..so I wanted a good way to transport it..I try to use it at every show..and I think that if there is a show where i don't need it..that is still something that I might take..just because I love it so much.

In the set you get a small and large padded envelope. Well worth the price, they are great. I use the large one to carry the large bar pan to shows, or the large bamboo platter or round SA large platter.

All this talk makes me want to order the padded envelopes. Does the DCB fit in the padded envelope? I still transport mine in the box, at the bottom of my rubbermaid crate. The padded envelope makes it seem like transport would be easier.

otisbg said:
All this talk makes me want to order the padded envelopes. Does the DCB fit in the padded envelope? I still transport mine in the box, at the bottom of my rubbermaid crate. The padded envelope makes it seem like transport would be easier.

It fits in with the lid inverted.

I invert the lid & put my apron in the baker to protect them from clanking together. And then into the bottom of my big black tote.

wadesgirl said:
It fits in with the lid inverted.

FYI -- It fits without the lid inverted as well.

I put a towel inside the deep covered baker and pack it with the tools/spices that I'm using (and will fit) for the receipe that I'm making. Then, I put the lid on and put inside the small padded envelope.

I carry mine in a "farmer's market" basket- you can find them almost anywhere these days! It fits snug-ly in there, & I have space for my seasonings, & most of my recipe ingredients, as well as my dish towels, apron, etc (which I use to cushion the top from the bottom). Works great!

I carry mine with the cookware protector between the inverted lid and the baker, inside a very durable Wegmans Grocery reusable bag, all by itself. Very easy to tote around.

wadesgirl said:
Cookware protector between the base and the inverted lid inside of the small envelope!

This is exactly the way I transport mine!:thumbup:

Lid inverted, inside insulated tote, which also serves as a plug for the outlet should the host spot it. Before I got the tote, I used the box. No protection either way.

I LOVE the cookware protector idea! Great - another product I need!!! LOL
I too wrap a towel around mine, invert the lid and wrap a towel around the top and between lid & bottom. Then I put my measuring cups and small non breakables in the lid. I carry it in the bottom of my consultant tote with my tablecloth on the bottom for extra cushioning.

I use an insulated tote 9x 13 it is an ols blue one that has a zipper on it that I got in the surpise box . I wrap it with my table cloth you can find on like in Walmart that has a zipper on it for 9x13

I made some bags out of some bubble wrap. One for the baker and one for the lid. Then I transport it in my big black tote or a piece of luggage with wheels that I bought for transporting all of my show items in.
My baker is to precious to me not to protect...LOL

chefjeanine said:
FYI -- It fits without the lid inverted as well.

I put a towel inside the deep covered baker and pack it with the tools/spices that I'm using (and will fit) for the receipe that I'm making. Then, I put the lid on and put inside the small padded envelope.

I'd be afraid to transport it that way. I could just see someone/something bumping it and nocking the handle/knobby thing off.

BethCooks4U said:
I'd be afraid to transport it that way. I could just see someone/something bumping it and nocking the handle/knobby thing off.

Hmm. That never crossed my mind. Maybe because once it's in the envelope, I usually carry it into the show in my dirty dish tub so wacking into things really isn't an issue. I think if you try it, you'll see it's very secure. When it is put into the envelope this way it's a very snug fit.

Invert the lid, place inside the padded bag I earned, and carry in the consultant big black bag. I store the baker in my cupboard with the padded bag. It sits inside the cranberry rectangular stone.

AldeaY said:

This is what I do.

Hi, I have a pyrex padded insulated tote for one of their 9x13 pans. The baker with the lid inverted fits perfectly in there. Zips around it and has handles to carry. I then place it in my Rubbermaid tote.

1. How do I safely transport my DCB to shows?

The first step in safely transporting your DCB to shows is to ensure that it is properly secured and protected. This can be achieved by using a sturdy trailer with tie-down straps or a truck bed with a secure cover. It is also important to inspect the trailer or truck bed before each trip to ensure there are no loose or damaged parts.

2. What is the best way to load my DCB onto a trailer or truck bed?

The best way to load your DCB onto a trailer or truck bed is to use a loading ramp and have at least two people assisting. One person should guide the DCB onto the ramp while the other person helps to push it up from behind. It is important to go slow and steady to avoid any accidents or damage to the DCB.

3. How should I secure my DCB during transport?

To secure your DCB during transport, use strong and durable tie-down straps or chains. Make sure to secure the DCB at multiple points to ensure it does not shift or become loose during the journey. It is also a good idea to use additional support, such as wheel chocks, to prevent any movement.

4. What are some tips for long-distance transportation of my DCB?

For long-distance transportation of your DCB, it is important to plan ahead and make sure it is properly maintained and serviced before the trip. It is also a good idea to pack necessary tools and spare parts in case of any unexpected issues. Consider taking breaks during the trip to check on the DCB and make sure it is secure and in good condition.

5. Are there any special considerations when transporting my DCB in extreme weather conditions?

In extreme weather conditions, such as high winds or heavy rain, it is important to take extra precautions when transporting your DCB. Make sure to check weather reports before the trip and avoid transporting the DCB during severe weather. If necessary, consider using additional tie-downs or covers to protect the DCB from the elements.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jennifer Wallace
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
cochef
Replies
Views
taterbug
Replies
Views
chefann