• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is Your iPod Not Charging? Here's What You Need to Know

In summary, my 11 yo DS got the Ipod Classic from us for his bday the other day. It's now dying and he's trying to charge it and it doesn't seem to be working. Jodi suggests leaving it plugged into the computer until morning and then taking it to school if it still doesn't work. My advice would be to purchase an adapter to plug it into the wall if you're not going to take the time to charge it overnight.
kcjodih
Gold Member
My 11 yo DS got the Ipod Classic from us for his bday the other day. (purchased refurbished from the computer store next door to my work for $120). It's now dying and he's trying to charge it and it doesn't seem to be working. I'll take it in tomorrow (along with my broken laptop :grumpy:) but wanted to see if anyone on here right now knew. It's plugged in but the battery picture has a lightening bolt through it and nothing seems to be happening. Only message on the screen says 'connected, eject before disconnecting'. ARGGG I really HATE technology!

The Kat Lady's iPod plugs into the USB port of her computer, which also charges the iPod. The light doesn't flash, in fact, there's no indicator at all that I remember. It charges fully in about 4 hours.

Thanks KG. We've got it plugged in the USB port as well but there's no indication it's actually DOING anything so I'm hesitant to unplug it. I guess I'll just leave it until morning and we'll take a look. If it worked he can take it to school (45 min bus ride), if not I'll take it with me. I appreciate your input; want me to send you some peanut butter? If so, what kind of Canadian PB is it that you enjoy? :)

I think it's Kraft. It's the same Kraft that is based in Chicago, but for some reason, the peanut butter up there is different from the peanut butter they make down here. I thought our Canadian friends (they're green card Canadians from Ottawa) were just yanking our chains, but there really is a difference. It must be the process?

Jodi- if you eject the iPod from the desktop but leave it connected to the computer, it will charge through the USB cable. After you eject it, the screen on the 'Pod will change to a battery with a lightning bolt to show that it's charging but not updating.

I know with our ipod's they wont charge unless itunes is runnning. But my daughter has a ihome for hers and she can charge it through that also.

K_Jurich said:
I know with our ipod's they wont charge unless itunes is runnning.
That must be a "feature" of Windows. I have mine plugged into my computer right now with iTunes not running, and the 'Pod is charging.

You can also purchase an adapter that attaches to the dock or sync cable that will allow you to plug it directly into a wall outlet for charging. That's handy for travel, if you don't take a computer with you.

K_Jurich said:
I know with our ipod's they wont charge unless itunes is runnning. But my daughter has a ihome for hers and she can charge it through that also.

Mine charges in my PC even when iTunes is not running.

I charge mine on my I-Home too......love that thing!

i got two of those for christmas...love them!!!

1. How do I charge my iPod using a computer?

To charge your iPod using a computer, simply plug one end of the charging cable into your iPod and the other end into a USB port on your computer. Make sure your computer is turned on and the iPod will begin to charge automatically.

2. Can I charge my iPod using a wall outlet?

Yes, you can charge your iPod using a wall outlet by using a USB power adapter. Simply plug the adapter into a wall outlet and then plug the other end of the charging cable into the adapter and your iPod.

3. How long does it take to fully charge an iPod?

The amount of time it takes to fully charge an iPod varies depending on the model and the charging method. On average, it takes about 2-3 hours to fully charge an iPod using a computer, and about 1-2 hours using a wall outlet.

4. Is it safe to leave my iPod charging overnight?

Yes, it is safe to leave your iPod charging overnight. Most modern devices, including iPods, have built-in safety features that prevent overcharging and damage to the battery.

5. Can I charge my iPod without the original charging cable?

Yes, you can charge your iPod using a generic charging cable as long as it is compatible with your device. However, using the original charging cable is recommended for optimal charging speed and safety.

Back