• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Create Custom Lap Boards for Efficient Marketing - Tips and Ideas

In summary, there are various methods for creating lapboards for direct sales parties. Some people prefer using folders with key information inside, such as catalogs, order forms, and business cards. Others suggest making homemade lapboards by cutting off the sides of inexpensive binders and adding necessary materials inside the pockets. It is important to make sure the edges of the lapboards are not sharp and to attach the ring to the spine instead of the front or back. Another tip is to use lapboards with a clear pocket on the outside, allowing for easy display of current specials.
jrny2001
Silver Member
I know I've read this somewhere on here (searched for an hour and can't find it).
How do you all make your own lapboards?
What do you put in them?
Do you really think it makes a difference than giving just a catalog & order form?
I tried puting everything in plastic folders with info (specials, wedding reg., fundraiser, etc..) in clear plastic sleeves. It was too much info I think and way to heavy to carry!
Thanks!

I have used the lapboards we could order from Town & Country-I like them but felt they were WAY too heavy to carry to shows. I recently changed to giving each guest a two-pocket folder and inside I have my business card, the new recruting flyer, a blank piece of paper (they use this as their order form/wishlist) and a pen. This way they have the folder to lean on and I don't have to lug the lapboards around!

Homemade lapboards: buy inexpensive binders (with pockets inside!) and cut the two sides off, discarding the rings. Make sure you trim the sides so they aren't sharp.As to what to put in them, everyone seems to do something differently. I put in a catalog, order form, drawing slip, recruiting flyer, and specials flyer.

jenniferp417 said:
Homemade lapboards: buy inexpensive binders (with pockets inside!) and cut the two sides off, discarding the rings. Make sure you trim the sides so they aren't sharp.

Also make sure that you cut on the ring side of the seam. Otherwise you will end up with the cardboard coming out!

Oh good point!I haven't made lapboards - I know how to do it, but without the actual experience I forget stuff like that. :)

If there are sharp edges, just take an emery board or piece of sandpaper and sand off the rough spots! That way you won't cut too far and have the cardboard showing on the corners, too!

BTW- In mine, I have the current color host benefits flyer in the large pocket (this would be the back of the board) this way I don't have to mess with changing them out at all during the season...) and in the front pocket, I have:
catalog
order form (turned upside down so they use it as a wish list first)
opp flyer
business card magnet

Yes, they are a bit heavier than just using folders, but I really like using them because they give the guests a better place to write.
I put the printout of the guest special for the month and the host special for that month and the next month in the clear pocket on the outside. Then in the inside pocket, I put (in this order) my business card papercliped to the pocket, any flyer I really want them to see (right now it is the recruiting promo flyer), a 1/2 page "My PC Wishlist" that I made, a catalog and an order form. I have also put various stickers on the inside pocket.

There are also people that do guest folders, with catalog pages in individual sheet protectors. The one person I know that does this says it has drastically reduced the number of catalogs that guests take home. She tells them at the beginning of the show that if they want a catalog, they just need to ask her. She also has everything in sheet protectors and the folders are plastic, so everything is "spill proof" as well. If you want the contents of her folders, let me know and I can post them. (BTW - last year, her sales were around $80,000 so she earned TPC in sales, she also earned it in recruiting, she does 12 - 15 shows EACH MONTH and she only started about 2 years ago... so she is doing something right!!!)

Katie,Please post what your friend puts in her folders. We have a soon to be Advanced Director in Oregon that just started 2 years ago. She too, uses just a folder and has made great success. I use a folder too, but would like to know what others put inside theirs.

I'd also like to know what she puts in her folders. Thanks!

Katie.. i think we ALL want to know what's in those folders. =)

Thanks

Yea - please post!

Make sure the ring on the binder is attached to the spine, not the front or back or you will end up with only one useable lapboard.

I've used these for years. Love them!

Someone already posted what they put - but I wanted to second that you be sure to get the lapboards with the clear pocket on the outside. I usually put the upcoming host specials because the guest special is already on the order form or I have it displayed and I had rather attract bookings. The best thing about these is they have really helped me to stay organized - I like the way they are neat and stack and I don't have all these separate papers flying around anymore! They are the best thing I ever did!

Still waiting to see what Katie's friends put in hers! :)

I haven't started doing this yet but I am planning on placing the host and guest specials in them and using different ones and then having the guest read what the special is that they have in theirs.

Here you go..

For my guest folders I use Show Binders

This is an initial investment but it's one you never have to make again. NOW is the time to do it - while school supplies are CHEAP and catalogs are changing! It saves money in catalog costs and makes sure you ALWAYS have show folders ready! No more catalogs with water rings or wrinkled pages that are suddenly unusable!

Back pocket - sales receipt

Guts in the middle - catalog: each page in page protector

Current guest/host specials in page protectors in front of the catalog

Fundraiser, Wedding Shower, Opportunity brochure in front pocket

Katie, how many of these do you have? Does each guest get a binder with the page protected catalog, or dsoes one or two get passed around?

jenniferp417 said:
Homemade lapboards: buy inexpensive binders (with pockets inside!) and cut the two sides off, discarding the rings. Make sure you trim the sides so they aren't sharp.

As to what to put in them, everyone seems to do something differently. I put in a catalog, order form, drawing slip, recruiting flyer, and specials flyer.
I also do this and it works out really well for me! I like and get alot of compliments:D

chefmeg said:
Katie, how many of these do you have? Does each guest get a binder with the page protected catalog, or dsoes one or two get passed around?

I don't do this, but someone in my upline cluster does. She had two dozen or so (I think) and everyone gets a binder.

homemade lapboardsI just bought some basic black binders with pockets on the inside and cut the spine out and use those for my lapboards. I think they work just fine. I couldn't get myself to buy some for $3+ If I had to do over again I might have bought the ones with the clear sleeve cover to put a flyer in. But then again they were more, and I couldn't go wrong for 50 cents a lapboard!
I also made a label that said, "writing a check? make checks payable to Jess.." Oh and I put a Gift Certificates Avaliable Sticker on them. I take 12 with me to my shows, prestuffed with catalogs and order forms. I think next show I also might put the guest special in them too.

Good Luck!

What is a custom lap board?

A custom lap board is a marketing tool used by businesses to promote their brand and products. It is a portable writing surface that can be easily carried around and used for writing notes, reminders, or displaying promotional messages.

How can a custom lap board be used for efficient marketing?

A custom lap board can be used for efficient marketing by displaying your brand logo and message in a prominent and eye-catching way. It can also be used to write down important information or promotions that can be easily seen by potential customers.

What are some tips for creating a custom lap board for marketing?

Some tips for creating a custom lap board for marketing include choosing a durable and high-quality material, using bold and attractive colors, keeping the design simple and easy to read, and including your brand logo and message in a prominent position.

What are some ideas for using custom lap boards in marketing?

Some ideas for using custom lap boards in marketing include using them as giveaways at trade shows or events, displaying them in your store or office for customers to see, using them as part of a social media campaign, or giving them as gifts to loyal customers.

Can I order custom lap boards in bulk for my business?

Yes, as a Pampered Chef consultant, you can order custom lap boards in bulk for your business. We offer a variety of customization options and bulk discounts to help you promote your brand and products efficiently. Contact us for more information.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedlinda
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pamperedlinda
Replies
Views
bbauman07
  • leshelman
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies