• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Unlocking the Hispanic Market: Tips, Strategies, and Success Stories

one speaks Spanish and the other English. What a great way to connect with the community and start to build relationships. You are correct. She highly discouraged me and anyone who cannot speak fluent spanish from pursuing that community unless I was going to hire a good interpreter.I found a great flyer on CC and am ordering some catalogs and Your Life Your Way flyers... does anyone know if the call with Nancy Jo Ryan is available in Spanish?The call with Nancy Jo Ryan is available in Spanish.
quiverfull7
Gold Member
Hi... we ate at our favorite Mexican restaurant yesterday and in the entrance they have lots of magazines etc for people to take. Lots of the items are business op's so it got my wheels turning. Here is the problem... my spanish is limited to un poco ... and the other few things I can recall... I'd LOVE to put a few catalogs and some opportunity flyers there ... but I'm stalled at how to interact with them if they call. There is a gal at our church who taught ESL and is very fluent. She just had a baby and isn't teaching right now other than piano lessons and I'm toying with the idea of asking her if she could help me out. Maybe I could even end up recruiting her for that market... who knows... do you all think I'm nuts? I value your help so I can't wait to hear your ideas and things you have done as well.

bump ... my director and I were just talking and I'm on hold with HO to see if they have anything set up where potential recruits can speak with someone who speaks Spanish. Anyone have more info about this. I found a great flyer on CC and am ordering some catalogs and Your Life Your Way flyers... does anyone know if the call with Nancy Jo Ryan is available in Spanish?

I'm bumping this up since the night crew is here...

I'm glad you wrote about this. My area has a huge Hispanic community. I want to make them feel welcome and apart of the community. We have a favorite Mexican restaurant we eat at weekly and just today I was thinking how I can connect with them. luckily I'm in a Spanish class and know enough to communicate, but not converse. Know what I mean? It would be neat to get a Spanish speaking/Hispanic recruit. She would have huge success.Keep us posted what you find out.

I did speak with someone today at HO in the Hispanic Sales dept. She highly discouraged me and anyone who cannot speak fluent spanish from pursuing that community unless I was going to hire a good interpreter. She said their needs would be more than I could give. I'm going to pray about it... I am going to put the spanish catalogs at the rest. if they will allow it and I'm going to speak with my friend who is fluent and see if she wishes to be involved. I'm not ready to just let it drop at this point. Hopefully I can find someone who speaks English and we can go on from there... I felt like God just placed it on my heart while we were there and I'm not ready to drop it just yet.

Diane,You go for it! I recruited a bi-lingual recruit who hasn't done a whole lot, but I've encouraged her to go for her business. A director told me that if she is bilingual, any recruit leads from the HO, even though she is not a director, will be sent to her. What a great opportunity. If you can find the one Spanish recruit you will have an answer.

I ordered some supplies and I'm going to try. The flyer from CC says at the bottom that if they are bilingual ... we need you! So I'm going to try... if I don't try... I fail anyway right?

Diane, have you had any luck getting bilingual recruits? I would love to get into this.

Una Muestra 2008 has a recipe for arepas that I'm dying to try.

I can't believe that HO discouraged you from delving into that community!!! So many hispanics are Bi-lingual and if they aren't they know someone that will interpret for them. GO FOR IT! I have two that I have been working on...

1. How can I successfully reach the Hispanic market?

To successfully reach the Hispanic market, it is important to understand their culture and values. Develop marketing strategies that resonate with their cultural identity and language. Utilize Spanish language in your marketing materials and consider partnering with Hispanic influencers or organizations to reach a wider audience.

2. What are some common mistakes businesses make when trying to target the Hispanic market?

Some common mistakes businesses make when targeting the Hispanic market include assuming all Hispanics are the same, neglecting cultural differences, and using stereotypes in their marketing. It is important to thoroughly research and understand the nuances of the Hispanic community you are trying to reach.

3. How can I ensure cultural sensitivity when marketing to the Hispanic community?

To ensure cultural sensitivity when marketing to the Hispanic community, it is important to involve members of the community in your marketing efforts. This can include hiring Hispanic employees, consulting with Hispanic-focused marketing agencies, and conducting focus groups with Hispanic consumers to gather feedback on your marketing strategies.

4. What are some effective ways to engage with the Hispanic market?

Some effective ways to engage with the Hispanic market include utilizing social media platforms popular among Hispanics, such as Instagram and Facebook, participating in cultural events and festivals, and offering bilingual customer service. Additionally, partnering with Hispanic businesses or organizations can help increase visibility and credibility within the community.

5. Can you provide examples of successful businesses that have targeted the Hispanic market?

Yes, there are many successful businesses that have targeted the Hispanic market. Some examples include Coca-Cola, which launched a successful Hispanic marketing campaign called "Share a Coke con tu Familia," and Target, which offers a variety of Hispanic-focused products and has a dedicated Spanish-language website. Other success stories include Procter & Gamble's "Orgullosa" campaign and McDonald's "Me Encanta" campaign. These businesses have successfully engaged with the Hispanic market by understanding their values and cultural identity.

Back