• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help With Caramel Banana Ravoli Recipe

I have made these with both the seamless and regular crescent rolls. I think the regular ones are easier to make, but they are not as pretty. The puff pastry dough is a lot easier to make, and they are prettier.If you can't find the seamsless dough, try using puff pastry dough. It's a lot easier and they will be prettier.
chefangie
I made these at a show last night and had problems. I could not find crescent rolls with no seams and couldn't get the seams to properly close. The Pastry Cutter didn't do well - what did I do wrong? I wonder if Pie Crust for the dough would be better. Any suggestions?:confused:

You could certainly try the pie crust. I live in a VERY small town and our only teeny little grocery store has the Pilsbury Crescent Creations. Definitely look hard for them. They are right by the crescent rolls. Other than that, I have no tips for getting those seams to close up. Sorry!

For some reason my store no longer sells them so I just used a triangle's worth of dough to make them. I made one large one out of the flat end and a smaller one out of the point end. I cut them with the pastry cutter but then pressed them shut with my fingers.

Pie crust would work fine. It'd just be a little crispier than the crescent dough. Plus, it'd be a heck of a lot easier to work with. Pillsbury dough is always a pain. Sometimes, even if it's before the expiration date, the dough is all wonky and grainy. I don't like using it if I can find another way.

I will definitely do a trial with the pie crust before I make them at a show again. Thanks for the suggestions!;)

I had a host use refridgerated Pizza dough, and she said that it worked great and noone was to the wiser.

Has anyone tried it with puff pastry. That can be rolled thin and cut. Not sure if it would work but it's a thought

I think the puff pastry would work well for these. They would be a lighter than using a pie crust and the sheets are in rectangles. Makes for easier cutting.

I tried it with the puff pastry. It worked great.

this is one recipe I have wanted to try - I will be on the lookout for the seamless crescent rolls or maybe try the puff pastry. :)

I think puff pastry would be great.

I too had trouble with the seams, and I have never been able to find seemless dough (looked here in CT at a few stores, and even checked a couple while on vacation in VA!)I pressed the seams with my fingers, and then used the pizza cutter since I don't have the pastry cutter. I thought they were good for family, but I wasn't that impressed by the way they looked. They tasted fantastic.

I get the without seams cresents at either Dillons Stores (Kroger) or Target too. I tried this recipe and it was ok. The kids liked it a lot the adults thought it was weird. Good thing I do a test kitchen before I try recipes at shows. They definately aren't as good after they have cooled.

I have made them with seamless and regular crescent rolls, obviously the seamless is less frustrating. I did find that the crinkle cutter worked better than the pastry cutter. I served them with vanilla ice cream and the caramel ice cream topping and they were a BIG hit!

I don't have the pastry cutter so I've been using the crinkle cutter. I also can't find the seamless dough either- so I've been painfully pressing the seams together. I'm using puff pastry dough the next time though- can't believe I didn't think of that!

1. What is the best type of dough to use for caramel banana ravioli?

Pie crust is a great option for the dough in this recipe. It is sturdy and easy to work with, and it will hold the filling well without tearing or leaking.

2. Why couldn't I find crescent rolls with no seams for this recipe?

Crescent rolls are typically sold with seams, as this is part of their signature shape. However, you can still use them for this recipe by pressing the seams together firmly before adding the filling.

3. How can I properly close the seams on my crescent rolls for this recipe?

One way to ensure that the seams are closed tightly is to gently roll the dough with a rolling pin before adding the filling. This will help to seal any gaps and create a more even surface for the ravioli.

4. Why didn't the pastry cutter work well for this recipe?

The pastry cutter may not have worked well because the dough was too soft or sticky. This can make it difficult to cut the dough cleanly and may cause the ravioli to fall apart. Using a firmer dough or chilling the dough before cutting can help improve the results with a pastry cutter.

5. Do you have any other suggestions for making this recipe successfully?

In addition to using pie crust and rolling the dough before cutting, you can also try using a fork to crimp the edges of the ravioli closed. This can help to seal the edges and prevent the filling from leaking out. You can also try using a pasta cutter or pizza cutter to cut the dough into squares instead of using a pastry cutter.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pamscookingshows
  • leftymac
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
trps
  • krley
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies