• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help With a Pineapple Rum Sauce Recipe?

In summary, the pineapple rum sauce is a PC product that is $12 a bottle. It can be purchased on supply order at a discount and is fantastic on pork chops, grilled salmon, and pepperoni pizza.
footballchef
Gold Member
I have a host who wants to do a recipe with the pineapple rum sauce. Can't seem to find anything on Consultant's Corner. Anyone have a suggestion? Ideally, I would like to use stoneware because of Sept. specials, but at this point, I would appreciate any suggestion.

Pineapple Rum Sauce is a PC product - it's in the catalog. $12 a bottle. You can purchase it on supply order at a discount.

footballchef said:
I have a host who wants to do a recipe with the pineapple rum sauce. Can't seem to find anything on Consultant's Corner. Anyone have a suggestion? Ideally, I would like to use stoneware because of Sept. specials, but at this point, I would appreciate any suggestion.
I haven't seen any recipes that specifically call for the sauce. I tell people to use it as a glaze on chicken, and as a condiment.

ChefBeckyD said:
Pineapple Rum Sauce is a PC product - it's in the catalog. $12 a bottle. You can purchase it on supply order at a discount.

Becky, funny how we both read that differently...

BlessedWifeMommy said:
Becky, funny how we both read that differently...

Oh - I get it now. I thought she meant she wanted a recipe for it! :eek:

To use it in a recipe - simple! Just pour it over a block of cream cheese and serve it w/ crackers. I do this at all my shows, and it's been in my top 10 sellers since March! So funny - now when I go to shows, often, my host (who has been to a show, and purchased it) will already have it ready to serve to guests when I get there! :)

Pour it over vanilla ice cream - yummo!

It is fantastic on pork chops! YUMMMMMMMMM!

Good on grilled salmon, too. Or (and don't laugh) pepperoni pizza.But if you're looking for a stoneware demo, I'd make something else that doesn't use the sauce in stoneware, and just do the cream cheese appetizer with the sauce.

thanks!! This gives me the idea to pour it over brie and bake it in the mini baker. what do you think?

footballchef said:
thanks!! This gives me the idea to pour it over brie and bake it in the mini baker. what do you think?

I think I would try it at home first, but it sounds like it would be good. I love baked brie!!!!

chefann said:
Good on grilled salmon, too. Or (and don't laugh) pepperoni pizza.

But if you're looking for a stoneware demo, I'd make something else that doesn't use the sauce in stoneware, and just do the cream cheese appetizer with the sauce.

Mmmm sounds delish over pepperoni pizza. I also love ranch or bleu cheese dressing on pizza too!

What ingredients do I need for the pineapple rum sauce?

The ingredients needed for the pineapple rum sauce recipe are:

• 1 cup pineapple juice
  • 1/4 cup dark rum
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 1 tablespoon cornstarch
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt

Can I use a different type of alcohol instead of rum?

Yes, you can substitute the rum with another type of alcohol, such as whiskey or brandy. However, keep in mind that it may alter the flavor of the sauce.

How do I thicken the sauce?

To thicken the sauce, mix 1 tablespoon of cornstarch with 1 tablespoon of cold water. Slowly pour this mixture into the sauce while stirring constantly. Cook for an additional 1-2 minutes until desired thickness is reached.

Can I make this sauce ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the sauce ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. To reheat, simply microwave or heat on the stovetop until warm.

What dishes pair well with the pineapple rum sauce?

This sauce is delicious on a variety of dishes, such as grilled chicken, pork chops, shrimp, or even as a topping for ice cream. It also pairs well with tropical flavors, so consider serving it with a coconut rice or pineapple salsa.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefMary412
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • Tenille V.
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • esavvymom