• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help! Substitute for Bbq Seasoning?

In summary, there are a few substitutes for BBQ seasoning such as Cajun seasoning, Italian seasoning, or a homemade blend of smoked paprika, garlic powder, and onion powder. If you have a spice allergy, you can use a mix of dried herbs, brown sugar, and salt. It is also possible to make your own BBQ seasoning at home using a combination of dried spices and adjusting the ratios to your liking. For a low-sodium alternative, you can omit or reduce the amount of salt or use a salt-free herb and spice blend. BBQ sauce can also be used as a substitute, but the flavor and consistency may differ slightly and may require some adjustments.
kopamperedchef
I have a show tonight and just realized that I'm out of BBQ Seasoning! I'm making a BBQ chicken ring. Does anyone know what other ingredients I can use in it's place?

Thanks!
Kate :eek:

Paprika, garlic, salt, pepper. I think that would help. What about the new rubs? Did you get those yet? Try adding those. I don't think you can go wrong. I guess, I am bit confuse too. What bbq seasonings do we have? Just wondering. :D

sub for bbq mixit was recently disco'ed. I don't have our rubs yet, but I'm going to use another rub tonight (on the sly). ;)

BBQ subi would sub with southwest seasoning.... similar let me know

That's one of my favorite recipes and I have never had the BBQ seasoning. I always just add a couple of tablespoons of my favorite BBQ sauce and it works great.

Hope that helps

1. Can I use any other seasoning in place of BBQ seasoning?

Yes, there are a few substitutes that can work well in place of BBQ seasoning. Some options include Cajun seasoning, Italian seasoning, or a combination of smoked paprika, garlic powder, and onion powder.

2. I have a spice allergy, what can I use as a substitute for BBQ seasoning?

If you have a spice allergy, you can try using a homemade blend of dried herbs like thyme, oregano, and basil, along with some brown sugar and salt. This will give your dish a similar flavor without the use of any specific spice.

3. Can I make my own BBQ seasoning at home?

Yes, you can easily make your own BBQ seasoning at home. All you need is a combination of dried spices like paprika, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, and brown sugar. You can adjust the ratios of each spice to suit your taste preferences.

4. Is there a low-sodium alternative to BBQ seasoning?

Yes, you can make a low-sodium BBQ seasoning by omitting or reducing the amount of salt in the recipe. You can also use a salt-free herb and spice blend as a substitute.

5. Can I use BBQ sauce instead of BBQ seasoning?

Yes, you can use BBQ sauce as a substitute for BBQ seasoning. However, keep in mind that the consistency and flavor may be slightly different. You may need to adjust the amount of BBQ sauce used to achieve the desired flavor in your dish.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• gailz2
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
gailz2
  • ChefMommyof3Boys
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefMommyof3Boys
Replies