• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Help Removing Spots on Forged Cutlery?

In summary, the spots on your forged cutlery are most likely caused by hard water or mineral deposits. To remove them, mix equal parts white vinegar and water and soak the cutlery for 10-15 minutes. Do not use abrasive cleaners as they can damage the knives. The spots are not rust and can be easily removed. Avoid putting your cutlery in the dishwasher and hand-wash with gentle soap and water instead. To prevent spots, clean and polish your cutlery after each use and regularly maintain them.
missi.robbins
I've gotten spots on my 5" utility knife - it looks like it may be rust starting - does anyone know how to get this off?!

Thanks!

Try a little Bar Keeper's Friend. You can find it near the scouring powder and other cleansers at the store.

I used Baking Soda on mine and it worked fine. I got the knife wet and sprinkled the baking soda directly on it and gently rubbed it with a paper towel. This also helped make the small scratches from a misdirected attempt with one of those green scrubbie pads -- big mistake that was. Hope this helps. Gloria

this worksif nothing else try lemon juice and a cork that is how I used to keep my cutlery shinny and new looking

That happened to my Santoku knife. Bar Keeper's Friend took care of it in a jiffy! It's a good tip to pass on to customers. I had someone return a sharpening-case knife to me (I was not their consultant) because it was stained. I got it clean with Bar Keeper's Friend.

1. What are the spots on my forged cutlery and how do I get rid of them?

The spots on your forged cutlery are most likely caused by hard water or mineral deposits. To remove them, simply mix equal parts white vinegar and water and soak the cutlery for 10-15 minutes. Then, rinse and dry thoroughly.

2. Can I use abrasive cleaners on my forged cutlery to remove spots?

No, we do not recommend using abrasive cleaners on your forged cutlery as they can damage the surface and affect the performance of the knives. Stick to gentle cleaners, like dish soap, and avoid harsh chemicals.

3. Are the spots on my forged cutlery a sign of rust?

No, the spots on your forged cutlery are not rust. Forged cutlery is made from high-quality stainless steel, which is resistant to rust. The spots are most likely just mineral deposits from water and can be easily removed.

4. Can I put my forged cutlery in the dishwasher?

We do not recommend putting your forged cutlery in the dishwasher. The high heat and harsh detergents can damage the knives and cause spots. Hand-washing with gentle soap and water is the best way to care for your cutlery.

5. How often should I clean and polish my forged cutlery to prevent spots?

We recommend cleaning and polishing your forged cutlery after each use to prevent spots and maintain the shine. Regular maintenance will also help prolong the life of your knives and keep them in top condition for years to come.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kdangel518
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
ShelbyMichalek
  • erin.tpc
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
kspry
  • sl_ostertag