• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Hawaiian Luau Recipes...wheat Gluten Free/Meal

In summary, the conversation is about a hostess who cannot tolerate wheat gluten/meal and is looking for recipe suggestions for a theme show. One suggestion is to do a Hawaiian Haystacks bar where guests can customize their own dish with various toppings. Another suggestion is to make a Hawaiian Luau dish with chicken and pineapple, along with a Pineapple Upside Down cake, but the cake does not work for gluten-free diets. The conversation also includes a recipe for Hawaiian Haystacks and a suggestion to ask the hostess if she has a gluten-free cake mix.
Nfldfran
Hello everyone

I have a Theme show on June 20th. The hostess cannot tolerate wheat gluten/meal. Can anyone help with a recipe suggestion that fits the theme and her dietary restrictions?

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Can you do a Hawaiian Haystacks bar? Then she can put on what she's okay with? I don't have a PC recipe, but the gravy/sauce part could be made ahead and warmed up in the DCB, and then use all the tools to cut up and prepare the toppings. Use the Rice Cooker Plus for the rice (and she can just leave the rice out for her own portion).

You could do rice in the rice cooker, and a pork tenderloin in the DCB, topping it with the Pineapple Rum Sauce after it's cooked. Cut up a pineapple, too. Serve the pork over the rice.mmm... that sounds like a good dinner for next week.

I'm doing a Hawaiian Luau show next weekend... chicken & pineapple kabobs with the Spicy Pineapple & Rum Sauce and then a Pineapple Upside Down cake (which doesn't work for gluten-free)... My question is, what are Hawaiian Haystacks/a Hawaiian Haystacks bar?

Oh, you know I was just thinking to myself that I should go get that recipe and post it in case someone asks about what it is. :DI'll go get it...

Okay, here's the recipe I like to use (there's a ton of variations people come up with, but I'm partial to this one...):2 cans cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup water
1 cup milk
3 cups cooked, chopped chicken (you can cook the chicken in the DCB and then chop w/ salad choppers)Combine all ingredients in medium saucepan (or I've also done this in a crockpot to fix it and forget it...if you want this for a home recipe and not for a show--but the saucepan is fastest) Since owning the DCB, I haven't tried it...I need to one of these days. I'm sure it would be a fine substitute for the saucepan.Simmer about 8-10 minutes, until heated through. Serve over rice (this recipe calls for 4 cups cooked rice), and top w/ whatever toppings your family likes.Here's the toppings I usually like (and others that people request):
chow mein crunchy noodles
chopped bell pepper
chopped green onions
chopped celery
slivered almonds
coconut
shredded cheddar cheese
pineapple tidbits
tomatoesThis is a large recipe and can go far for a show and your family. I have doubled it for church events. But it's so yummy and simple. And people can customize their own serving.

TrishPCMommy said:
I'm doing a Hawaiian Luau show next weekend... chicken & pineapple kabobs with the Spicy Pineapple & Rum Sauce and then a Pineapple Upside Down cake (which doesn't work for gluten-free)... My question is, what are Hawaiian Haystacks/a Hawaiian Haystacks bar?

You could even ask your host if she has a gluten free cake mix - they are out there... it is amazing everything that is gluten free. She is used to having to walk people through this, trust me, she'll understand you needing a little guidance. :)

Hi there! I would love to help you out with some delicious and gluten-free Hawaiian luau recipes. How about a grilled pineapple and chicken skewers with a teriyaki glaze? You can also make a refreshing mango and avocado salad with a citrus vinaigrette. And for dessert, a coconut milk panna cotta with tropical fruit compote would be the perfect ending to a luau feast. Let me know if you need any specific measurements or instructions. Happy cooking!

1. What types of dishes can I make for a Hawaiian Luau that are wheat gluten free?

There are plenty of delicious and authentic dishes you can make for a Hawaiian Luau that are wheat gluten free. Some options include poke bowls with gluten free soy sauce, grilled fish with tropical fruit salsa, and coconut shrimp with gluten free breading.

2. Are there any traditional Hawaiian Luau dishes that are naturally wheat gluten free?

Yes, there are several traditional Hawaiian dishes that do not contain wheat gluten. Some examples include Kalua pig, haupia (coconut pudding), and poi (a mashed taro root dish).

3. Can I use gluten free substitutes for wheat flour in Hawaiian Luau recipes?

Yes, there are many gluten free flour substitutes that can be used in Hawaiian Luau recipes. Some popular options include almond flour, coconut flour, and tapioca flour. Just be sure to check the labels to ensure they are certified gluten free.

4. Can I make a gluten free version of Spam musubi for a Hawaiian Luau?

Yes, you can make a gluten free version of Spam musubi by using gluten free soy sauce and gluten free rice vinegar. You can also use gluten free nori sheets and substitute the white rice with cauliflower rice.

5. Are there any gluten free options for Hawaiian Luau desserts?

Absolutely! You can make a delicious gluten free pineapple upside down cake with gluten free flour and fresh pineapple. You can also make a gluten free haupia pie using a gluten free crust and haupia filling made with coconut milk and cornstarch. Other options include fresh fruit platters and coconut macaroons.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PamperedTwins
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
pchefdonna
  • yankeeinontario
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
yankeeinontario
  • LUPE