• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Hawaiian Appetizer or Main Dish

In summary, there are many ways to incorporate pineapple into Hawaiian appetizers and main dishes, such as using it in a salsa or grilling it. Traditional Hawaiian ingredients include pineapple, coconut, and seafood, and vegetarian and vegan options are also available. To make a Hawaiian dish spicy, you can add chili peppers, red pepper flakes, or a spicy sauce. Many Hawaiian dishes can also be made ahead of time for parties or gatherings.
dawnsclassycupboard
Hi guy. I am hoping you all are more creative than me. I have a Hawaiian Luau show the end of the month and I have no idea what to do for a recipe. The lady is already doing a desert so I will need an apetizer or main dish to go with the theme. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!!!

Hi, Dawn:

Here are some recipes I've kept in my files for Luau Ideas. The wreath is a recipe I adapted from the Turkey Cranberry Wreath (based on a family recipe) for my Luau shows. It's a big hit, so I submitted to HO to see if I see it show up down the road! ;)

HTH!

Attachments

• Hawaiian Chicken Wreath.doc
    25 KB · Views: 498
  • Hawaiian Meatballs.doc
    24 KB · Views: 536
  • LUAU PIZZA.doc
    24 KB · Views: 537
Thank you sooo much! This was just what I was looking for!

Those are great! Thank you so much. I'm doing a luau next month and was trying to think of something. I'm going to do a ring with kalua pig since it is easy to get here.

Hi there! I love the idea of a Hawaiian Luau show, such a fun theme! For an appetizer, you could try making Hawaiian pizza bites using pre-made mini pizza crusts, pineapple chunks, ham or Canadian bacon, and a sprinkle of shredded cheese. For a main dish, you could do a Hawaiian teriyaki chicken skewers with pineapple and bell peppers. Another option could be a Hawaiian poke bowl with marinated raw tuna, rice, and tropical fruit like mango or papaya. I hope these ideas help, let me know if you need any more suggestions!

1. How can I incorporate pineapple into a Hawaiian appetizer or main dish?

Pineapple is a staple in Hawaiian cuisine and can be incorporated into appetizers or main dishes in a variety of ways. Some popular options include using it in a salsa or relish, grilling it and serving it alongside meats or incorporating it into a stir fry.

2. What are some traditional Hawaiian ingredients to include in an appetizer or main dish?

Traditional Hawaiian ingredients include pineapple, coconut, macadamia nuts, taro, and seafood such as tuna, mahi mahi, and shrimp. You can also use traditional Hawaiian seasonings and sauces such as teriyaki, soy sauce, and ginger.

3. Can I make a vegetarian or vegan Hawaiian appetizer or main dish?

Yes, there are many delicious vegetarian and vegan options for Hawaiian appetizers and main dishes. You can use tofu or tempeh as a protein source and incorporate plenty of vegetables and fruits. Some popular options include vegetable stir fry, tofu poke bowls, and coconut curry vegetables.

4. How can I make a Hawaiian dish spicy?

If you enjoy spicy food, you can easily add some heat to your Hawaiian appetizer or main dish. Some options include using chili peppers, red pepper flakes, or a spicy sauce like Sriracha. You can also add a dash of cayenne pepper or chili powder for some extra kick.

5. Can I make a Hawaiian dish ahead of time for a party or gathering?

Yes, many Hawaiian appetizers and main dishes can be made ahead of time for convenience. Some dishes, like poke bowls, actually taste better when marinated for a few hours before serving. You can also prep ingredients and assemble the dish right before serving to save time and ensure freshness.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• krzymomof4
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
caraighan
  • nikki70563
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
jrstephens
Replies