• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Grilling Out: Perfect Hamburger Patties Recipe

In summary, you could try making mini-cheeseburgers in a larger (regular) hamburger size. They are pretty tasty. I always put the meat in a bowl.. add spices: salt, pepper, tony chacheres's seasoned salt and I add about 1/4 cup of italian salad dressing. It helps with moistness. Then some woerchester sauce. Mix.. make patties and grill. I bet Jamacian jerk seasoning would be good too.
chefmeg
Gold Member
anyone have a good recipe for making hamburger patties for grilling out?

you could try doing the mini-cheeseburgers, in a larger (regular) hamburger size. They are pretty tasty...

I always put the meat in a bowl.. add spices: salt pepper, tony chacheres's seasoned salt and I add about 1/4 cup of italian salad dressing. It helps with moistness. Then some woerchester sauce. Mix.. make patties and grill. I bet Jamacian jerk seasoning would be good too. I don't eat meat.. but everyone else says it is wonderful.

I agree with Ginger on the Tony's seasoning - we just love it - and it is CHEAP! Around $1 for a big can at Walmart. It in the spice isle and the can is green.

I do them pretty much the same - I add a little water for moistness (hadnt thought about Italian dressing - yum!). Salt & Pepper and whatever spice I feel like. I like our greek seasoing and our jerk seasoning as well as the Tonys. Sometimes we just go plain! Just shake on some salt and pepper!

I just mix the meat with a package of Lipton's Beefy Onion (or Mushroom) soup. I don't add water or anything and our's are still pretty juicy when not over-cooked.

have you tried the garlic peppercorn burgers that are featured this month? I have made them twice this month and they are really good

armywyf said:
have you tried the garlic peppercorn burgers that are featured this month? I have made them twice this month and they are really good

Those are REALLY GOOD!! We had them at our meeting a month ago (we do a pool party, bring a covered dish meeting each summer) and they were so moist and tender!

armywyf said:

ooooo~gonna try these! I'll let you know what the guests say! Thanks!

I usually mix, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and worschestshire sauce in my meat before making them into patties.

I get the juiciest burgers by searing each side first directly over the heat, then finish cooking them "indirectly" on the non-heated side of the grill with the lid closed. I also sprinkle a little "Nature's Seasoning" on both sides.

Although it takes a little longer to cook through, the indirect method really keeps the juices in the meat. This is the ONLY way I grill pork chops & chicken!:chef:

1. How do I make sure my hamburger patties don't fall apart on the grill?

To prevent your hamburger patties from falling apart, make sure to mix in a binding ingredient like breadcrumbs, egg, or grated cheese into the ground beef before forming the patties. This will help keep the patties together while grilling.

2. How long should I cook my hamburger patties on the grill?

The cooking time for hamburger patties will depend on how thick they are and how well done you want them. As a general rule, cook them for 3-4 minutes on each side for a medium-rare patty, 4-5 minutes for medium, and 5-6 minutes for well done.

3. Can I use a gas grill or does it have to be a charcoal grill?

You can use either a gas or charcoal grill to cook perfect hamburger patties. Just make sure to preheat the grill to medium-high heat before placing the patties on it.

4. How do I know when my hamburger patties are done cooking?

The best way to determine if your hamburger patties are done cooking is to use a meat thermometer. When inserted into the thickest part of the patty, it should read 160°F for a well-done patty. Alternatively, you can also cut into the patty to check for any pinkness or use the touch test to gauge its doneness.

5. Should I season my hamburger patties before or after grilling?

You can season your hamburger patties before or after grilling, but it is recommended to season them before cooking. This allows the flavors to fully penetrate the meat while it cooks, resulting in a more flavorful patty. However, if you prefer a more subtle seasoning, you can also season the patties after they are cooked.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefshawna
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • janetupnorth
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
  • pamperedbybarbara