• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cooking Ground Beef in the DCB: Microwave Tips

In summary,has anyone cooked ground beef in the DCB in the microwave? If so, how long to do do it?Yes, just did it last night. For a pound, it takes about 7-9 mins, covered, on high. I check it half way through and break it up with the Mix-n-Chop.You are asking about just cooking ground beef? The microcooker is awesome for it!
sassypip
Silver Member
Has anyone cooked ground beef in the DCB in the microwave? If so, how long to do do it? Thanks!!!

Yes, just did it last night. For a pound, it takes about 7-9 mins, covered, on high. I check it half way through and break it up with the Mix-n-Chop.

I know meatloaf is ready in about 18m. Are you asking about just cooking ground beef? The microcooker is awesome for it!

1 1/2 lbs FROZEN ground beef. Zap in micro for 6-7 minutes, drain grease via steam vents, break up with mix and chop (add seasonings if any) and zap for another 5-7 minutes.

If thawed, cut back time to 5 minutes, then 4-5 as needed.

Thanks!!!! I am making a taco ring for dinner tonight to practice for a party this weekend and I wanted to do the hamburger part in the DCB if possible. I still like to show thatt at my shows if I can fit it in somewhere. Thanks again!!!!!!!

Ah gotcha. It should work with the DCB. I'd probably do 6 minutes if frozen, find a way to drain....maybe our colanders? Then break up with mix n chop, toss in taco seasoning or better yet chipotle rub and another 4-6 minutes in the micro.

If you experiment, fill us in with the results! Good luck with your show!

Thanks! I did the chicken enchilada pizza at a show last week and used the DCB for the chicken breasts and used the SW seasoning on them and it was VERY good. I chopped the chicken with the salad choppers and then added that to the pizza. Sold 2 salad choppers and booked 2 parties and there was only 5 guests there! THe hostess just bought reg taco sauce instead of the green sauce and it was still good.

The cornbread chili bake (one of my faves!) is done all in DCB all in micro, i think it says to do 5mins, break with mix n chop, then 5 more mins... and just drain by carefully pouring off juices. DCB is a little big to JUST do ground beef in... I wouldn't do it just to cook ground beef realistically, would probably do micro-cooker. But i see where you are going with it! If you've never done the cornbread bake, it's awesome, and SUPER easy!

I use the baster to suck the juices out of the DCB when cooking
ground beef. Much easier than pouring it out or getting out a
strainer :)

Liquid Sky said:
I use the baster to suck the juices out of the DCB when cooking ground beef. Much easier than pouring it out or getting out a
strainer :)

Yep, what she said. The baster also works great with the Classic Mini Cheeseburgers from the SB Fall 2008.​

Thanks you two for the tip....I shied away from the DCB and ground beef because of that dilemma....now it looks like I have ANOTHER must have item to earn! lol

Great idea!

Jolie_Paradoxe said:
Thanks you two for the tip....I shied away from the DCB and ground beef because of that dilemma....now it looks like I have ANOTHER must have item to earn! lol

Great idea!

You will LOVE the baster - and as one of my team member says - the cleaning brush is "the bomb"! I absolutely do!!

Crazy me never thought of using our baster in the DCB to get rid of excess fluid,etc. Learn something new every day!!! That's why it pays to have a subscription here!

Isn't it awesome harriet!?!

LOL Beth...I'll be singing it's praises soon too. :D

1. How long does it take to cook ground beef in the DCB?

The cooking time for ground beef in the DCB varies depending on the amount of beef being cooked and the power of your microwave. On average, it takes about 8-10 minutes to fully cook 1 pound of ground beef in the DCB.

2. Do I need to add water or oil when cooking ground beef in the DCB?

No, you do not need to add any additional liquid when cooking ground beef in the DCB. The beef will release its own juices as it cooks, creating enough moisture for the cooking process.

3. Can I cook frozen ground beef in the DCB?

Yes, you can cook frozen ground beef in the DCB. However, it may take longer than cooking thawed beef and you will need to use a lower power setting on your microwave to ensure even cooking.

4. How do I know when the ground beef is fully cooked?

The ground beef is fully cooked when it reaches an internal temperature of 160°F (71°C). You can use a meat thermometer to check the temperature or you can cut into the beef to make sure it is no longer pink and the juices run clear.

5. Can I season the ground beef before cooking it in the DCB?

Yes, you can season the ground beef before cooking it in the DCB. However, it is recommended to wait until after the beef is fully cooked before adding any salt or acidic ingredients such as vinegar or lemon juice, as these can toughen the meat.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• tpc.patty
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Teresa Lynn
  • caraighan
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
BlessedWifeMommy
  • AnnieBee