• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Preparing Ham in the Microwave with a DCB

In summary, you can use any type of ham in the microwave with a DCB as long as it fits comfortably and isn't touching the sides. The cooking time will vary, but typically a 2-3 pound ham will take 10-12 minutes with a DCB. It's important to cover the ham while microwaving to trap in steam and moisture. You can also add seasonings or glaze to the ham before microwaving. To ensure the ham is fully cooked, use a meat thermometer or check for doneness by cutting into the thickest part.
Lifeat50
Has anyone used the DCB to prepare a Ham in the microwave?

Anybody? I think it would work but wondered if anyone had tried it yet. One of my DCB buyers wants to free up her oven for Thanksgiving.

HHmmm...I think it can be done. You will have to watch it though because ham has fat and it will pop and splatter...like bacon does. I wonder if the fat would get too hot? If it is a fully cooked ham/cured, I don't think there will be a problem because you are just reheating it. Anyone else....

Anyone tried ham in the DCB?

Hi there! I have personally used the DCB (Deep Covered Baker) to prepare a ham in the microwave and it turned out delicious! The DCB is great for cooking meats in the microwave as it helps to retain moisture and prevent drying out. Just make sure to follow the recommended cooking times and temperatures for your specific ham. Happy cooking!

1. Can I use any type of ham in the microwave with a DCB?

Yes, you can use any type of ham such as spiral sliced, bone-in, or boneless in the microwave with a DCB. Just make sure the ham fits comfortably inside the dish and is not touching the sides.

2. How long do I need to microwave the ham in the DCB?

The cooking time will vary depending on the size and type of ham, but typically a 2-3 pound ham will take 10-12 minutes in the microwave with a DCB. It's always best to check the internal temperature with a meat thermometer to ensure it reaches at least 145°F.

3. Do I need to cover the ham while microwaving with the DCB?

Yes, it's important to cover the ham while microwaving with the DCB. The lid helps to trap the steam and moisture, allowing the ham to cook evenly and stay juicy.

4. Can I add any seasonings or glaze to the ham while microwaving with the DCB?

Yes, you can add your favorite seasonings or glaze to the ham before microwaving with the DCB. Just make sure to spread it evenly over the surface of the ham for maximum flavor.

5. How do I know when the ham is fully cooked in the microwave with a DCB?

The best way to determine if the ham is fully cooked is by using a meat thermometer. The internal temperature should reach at least 145°F. You can also check for doneness by cutting into the thickest part of the ham and making sure it is no longer pink.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• emo812
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • sassypip
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • ms_twana