• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cooking Half a Ham in the DCB: Recipe Ideas

In summary, the conversation is about cooking a half ham in the Deep Covered Baker (DCB). One person recommends using the microwave for a quick and juicy result, while another Pampered Chef consultant provides a recipe for cooking the ham in the DCB. The recipe involves preheating the oven, cooking the ham for 20 minutes per pound, making a glaze, and then brushing it on the ham before returning it to the oven for an additional 15-20 minutes. The recommendation is to let the ham rest before serving for best results.
CAPCnewbie
I have half a ham to cook and was wondering if anyone has a recipe for making this in the DCB. I need to follow directions rather than just throw something together so does anyone have any ideas?

I just did a ham actually in the mini baker in the microwave. It was frozen so I used the defrost portion for about 15mins (2lb sprial cut ham) then did 10mins full power and 3mins once I put the glaze on. It was juicy and YUMMY!!! A great quick dinner. OH i did potatoes in the micro-cooker while I let the ham rest and soak up more juice from the glaze, did a loaf of garlic bread on my large bar pan in the oven and corn in the other micro-cooker. My kids LOVE using the microwave now to make dinner.

Go with the flow- the thermometer was a huge help with temperature readings! :) My ham was to be cooked 10mins for each pound in the oven but I being frozen i knew it would take double or triple that so mini baker and the mircrowave saved me time and energy!

adding on.....

Hi there! As a fellow Pampered Chef consultant, I would be more than happy to assist you with your question about cooking a half ham in the Deep Covered Baker. I have a delicious recipe that I think you will love.
First, preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Then, place the half ham in the Deep Covered Baker and cover with the lid. Cook for about 20 minutes per pound, or until the internal temperature reaches 140 degrees.
While the ham is cooking, you can make a glaze using 1/4 cup of brown sugar, 1/4 cup of honey, 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard, and 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar. Mix these ingredients together in a small bowl and set aside.
Once the ham has reached the desired temperature, remove it from the oven and brush the glaze all over the ham. Return it to the oven, uncovered, for an additional 15-20 minutes, or until the glaze is caramelized and the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees.
Let the ham rest for about 10 minutes before slicing and serving. This recipe is sure to be a hit with your family and friends. Happy cooking!

1. How do I prepare a half ham in the DCB?

To prepare a half ham in the Deep Covered Baker (DCB) from Pampered Chef, preheat your oven to 350°F. Place the ham, cut side down, in the DCB and cover with the lid. Bake for 20 minutes per pound or until the internal temperature reaches 140°F. Let the ham rest for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.

2. What are some recipe ideas for cooking a half ham in the DCB?

There are many delicious recipe ideas for cooking a half ham in the DCB. Some popular options include glazing the ham with a mixture of honey, brown sugar, and Dijon mustard, or covering it with a pineapple and brown sugar glaze. You can also add herbs and spices, such as rosemary and garlic, to the ham for added flavor.

3. Can I use a pre-cooked half ham in the DCB?

Yes, you can use a pre-cooked half ham in the DCB. Follow the same instructions for cooking the ham, but reduce the cooking time to 10 minutes per pound, or until the internal temperature reaches 140°F.

4. How do I know when the half ham is done cooking?

The best way to determine if the half ham is done cooking is to use a meat thermometer. The internal temperature should reach 140°F for a fully cooked ham. If you do not have a meat thermometer, you can also check for doneness by making sure the ham is hot and the juices run clear when pierced with a fork.

5. Can I add vegetables to the DCB while cooking the half ham?

Yes, you can add vegetables to the DCB while cooking the half ham. Root vegetables, such as carrots, potatoes, and onions, work well and will absorb the flavors of the ham. Simply place the vegetables around the ham in the DCB and they will cook alongside the ham.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• emo812
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sih
  • ericadboone