• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need tips for making Ham and Cheese Brunch Squares for a Pampered Chef show?

I love this recipe! I do it a little different though. I crack the eggs and put them in the easy read measuring cups. I also preheat the oven to 350 degrees. While the eggs are cooking I mix together the shredded cheese, bacon, and ham in a bowl. I put that mixture into a baking dish and bake it for about 15-20 minutes. When the eggs are done I take it out of the oven and top it with the shredded cheese. Let the people put it back in the oven for about 5 more minutes until the cheese is melted.I think this recipe is really easy and everyone loves it.
AmieCream
does anyone have tips for doing this recipe at a show? My host picked it from the real food real fast list.

I prepared it tonight for my family and it seemed to have a lot of down time (cracking 12 eggs, baking time...)

Has anyone had success with this recipe. IF so, any hints or comments?

TIA

I was curious just how similar this is to the ham and cheese omlete roll. I've never made your recipe- I wish I could help!

I did this at as an interactive show and the recipe was in the oven before I even knew it, with everyone chipping in. While it was baking I went over some of the collections, booking benefits etc. It felt like one of my smoothest shows! If you aren't doing an interactive show you could have the eggs already cracked and placed in prep bowls or the easy read measuring cups - people don't need to see you crack eggs and then you can talk about more products this way! Along those same lines you can prep half the other ingredients if you are still concerned about time. :)

I had someone working on the eggs while it was in the oven the first round and then we were cutting up the toppings while it was in the oven again. This is a great recipe for an interactive show. I use the mix n chop in the stainless bowl for the hashbrowns. You can always have all but three eggs done and have a guest finish it up.

When I did this for a show....I already had the hashbrown cheese layer baked and ready to go. Then I had a guest start cracking eggs and mixing with the cream cheese(hint: put the cream cheese in the micro for 15 sec. makes it easier to mix). Another guest using the chopper for ham/onion mixture. Another shredding cheese, another cutting tomato. Then we all assembled it and put in the oven to bake. While it was baking we talked about products went over specials and talked about the opportunity. I picked/cleaned up the area by then the ham cheese brunch squares were ready. There was a little down time (maybe 3-4 min.) but that gave the guests a chance to ask questions and browse the catalog.
Sometimes if I think there is a little more downtime...I will go ahead and do my door prize drawing. That can sometimes take a little bit of time.
I love this recipe and sometimes change it up a bit by using sausage and green peppers, mushrooms.

I put the hashbrowns in the pan and had them patted down before anyone got there. I did not do any other work ahead of time.I always tell my host to get grated cheese and have I have it measured out in one of the easy reads. I know that most people are going to buy the pregrated at home anyway, ha! It really was not a lot of down time to me. It doesn't take that long to crack the eggs. You could always crack them a few minutes before peole got there if you wanted. Also, I always use one egg to show the egg seperator too.

While is was cooking everyone came up and placed their orders.

I did this as a recipe race, could not find the patty hashbrowns but the shredded worked just fine. Also I had them put in Ham and Bacon. Everyone oooh-d and ahhh-d and there was not a BITE left in the pan! We did this yesterday for a HWC Brunch Fundraiser!

It's 9:15 on Sunday morning and I have not yet eaten breakfast.
Ya'll are making me HUNGRY!!!
LOL

1. Can the Ham and Cheese Brunch Squares be made ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the Ham and Cheese Brunch Squares ahead of time. Simply prepare the dish as instructed and refrigerate until ready to bake. You may need to add a few extra minutes to the baking time if the dish is refrigerated.

2. Can I use a different type of cheese in the Ham and Cheese Brunch Squares?

Yes, you can use a different type of cheese in the Ham and Cheese Brunch Squares. Cheddar, Swiss, or Gouda are all great options that pair well with ham. You can also mix and match different types of cheese for a more complex flavor.

3. Can I substitute the ham with a different type of meat?

Yes, you can substitute the ham with a different type of meat in the Ham and Cheese Brunch Squares. Cooked and crumbled bacon or diced cooked sausage are great alternatives. You can also use a combination of different meats for added flavor.

4. Can I make the Ham and Cheese Brunch Squares in a different baking dish?

Yes, you can make the Ham and Cheese Brunch Squares in a different baking dish. However, make sure the baking dish is the same size or slightly larger than the one recommended in the recipe. Adjust the baking time accordingly, as a larger dish may require a few extra minutes in the oven.

5. Can I freeze the Ham and Cheese Brunch Squares?

Yes, you can freeze the Ham and Cheese Brunch Squares. After baking and cooling the dish, wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and then foil. It can be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months. To reheat, thaw the dish in the refrigerator overnight and then bake at 350°F for 15-20 minutes, or until heated through.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefmoseley
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chefmoseley
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • sarahsellcm
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies