• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Green Sauce Recipe Similar to Mamacitas in Texas

In summary, the conversation is about replicating a recipe for Mamacitas' famous neon green dip. The recipe includes cream cheese, sour cream, tomatillo salsa, black pepper, celery salt, cumin, garlic powder, cilantro, and lime juice. The conversation also discusses potential modifications and similarities to a previous post about a neti-pot. One person shares their own version of the recipe, using less cream cheese and adding avocado, fresh garlic, and green food coloring. They suggest using Herdez brand mild tomatillo sauce and adjusting seasoning to taste. Overall, the dip is described as delicious and similar to the original.
Teresa Lynn
Gold Member
:angel: I've finally duplicated a recipe that is very close to our favorite restaurant Mamacitas in San Antonio, Kerrville & other Texas towns in that area towns

It is so yummy!!! Try it with your favorite chips.

It would even be good on grilled chicken or fish with Mexican spices

3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
3 tablespoons sour cream
3 (7 ounce) cans tomatillo salsa
1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon celery salt
1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
2 tablespoons garlic powder
3 bunches fresh cilantro, chopped
3 tablespoons fresh lime juice

Enjoy!!

Teresa - this sounds really yummy. I might have to try it. Think I could cut it down a bit? Like in 1/2? I know we wouldn't eat that much at once.

A funny note - this post is similar to the one about a neti-pot... lol!

yes it would be easy to cut in half.
it is so good you'll be glad you tried it

Me and my wife vividly remember their neon green dip and made our own version recently which was pretty much dead on.I highly doubt Mamacita's style neon sauce uses celery salt or cumin (although I'm sure that works well in it).
For the recipe you start w/the base which is a load of nothing but sour cream blended w/about a quarter the amount of cream cheese (yours most likely has too much, they kept it cheap so I doubt they used much cream cheese) then blend in a small amount of avocado, a little lime juice (just enough for zest & as a preservative) a small bunch or two of cilantro and about half a full globe or more of fresh garlic (don't use powder, their recipe kicks you in the face w/strong garlic flavor you can't get w/powder) and finish it by slowly mixing in tomatillo sauce (we used Herdez brand mild since it was primarily tomatillo w/least amount of other ingredients) salt and pepper to taste until it's just right.
I also believe they use green food coloring to get it to look so vibrantly green but enough cilantro gets it pretty close. We didn't write down a recipe but all of those steps+ingredients is what we did and ended up spot on.
Yours sounds amazing too though, just wanted to help others looking for another way to make the stuff.

Hello! As a fellow pampered chef consultant, I am so glad to hear that you have successfully duplicated a recipe from one of our favorite restaurants. The tomatillo salsa sounds like a delicious addition to the cream cheese and other spices. I can't wait to try it with my favorite chips, and I love the idea of using it as a topping for grilled chicken or fish with Mexican spices. Thank you for sharing this recipe with us, and I will definitely be adding it to my list of must-try dishes. Happy cooking!

What ingredients are needed for the green sauce recipe similar to Mamacitas in Texas?

The ingredients needed for this green sauce recipe are 1 pound tomatillos, 1 jalapeno pepper, 1 onion, 2 cloves of garlic, 1/4 cup cilantro, 1 lime, and salt to taste.

Can I adjust the spiciness of the green sauce?

Yes, you can adjust the spiciness of the green sauce by adding or reducing the amount of jalapeno pepper used. You can also remove the seeds and ribs of the jalapeno for a milder flavor.

How do I make the green sauce?

To make the green sauce, start by roasting the tomatillos, jalapeno, onion, and garlic in the oven until they are slightly charred. Then, blend them with cilantro, lime juice, and salt until smooth. Adjust the consistency by adding water if needed.

What can I use the green sauce for?

The green sauce can be used as a dip for chips, a sauce for enchiladas or tacos, or a marinade for meats. It can also be mixed with sour cream or yogurt for a creamy dressing or spread.

Can I make the green sauce ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the green sauce ahead of time and store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week. You can also freeze it for longer storage. Just thaw it in the refrigerator before using.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • thechefofnorthbend
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
thechefofnorthbend
  • ragschef