• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Creating a Brunch Show: Taste Test & Experiences Needed!

In summary, the conversation is about a recipe that was featured in the Seasons Best F/W 2005 catalog. Some people have made it before and liked it, while others did not enjoy the flavor combination. It is often served at brunch shows and can be made with or without meat, though some suggest chorizo as a possible substitute for chicken. The recipe also showcases the use of oven-safe cookware and is often served with salsa and sour cream on the side. There are different opinions on whether to remove the dish from the pan before serving or to simply slice it in the pan. Overall, it is a popular and versatile recipe that has been successful at cooking shows.
ChefPaulaB
Has anyone ever made this? Or demo'd it? I am thinking about making it for a Brunch show next week. Just looking for any taste tests and experience and hints. Was also thinking that it might be good with Chorizo instead of the chicken... thoughts? It's from the Seasons Best F/W 2005. TIA!

I've made it before. It's o.k (not even okay). I didn't like the flavor combination myself. The guests all said they liked it. It was fine for a demo. It shows the knives and the cookware. You'll have to just do a walk-thru on the stoneware. Try it first both ways before you decide for sure whether you're doing the chorizo or not.

Oh, I love this one! (Sandra and I have different taste buds :) ) I've done it at one show and have made it at home a couple of times. It's good reheated the next day too.

btw - I don't remember it having chorizo - I need to look at the recipe again.

I love this one and like to make it for my Saturday morning shows. I don't add any meat at all -- I think it tastes better without the chicken. Try it that way -- it costs less. Don't substitute the green pepper for the poblano. The poblano is not that hot and adds just the right touch.

pamperedlinda said:
btw - I don't remember it having chorizo - I need to look at the recipe again.

The recipe doesn't call for it, it calls for chicken, I just think that it might be good with chorizo instead of chicken... just a thought. Glad that some of you like it, I got a little scared when I read the first post... Would you serve with salsa and sour cream on side?

That recipe came out when I first started and it was such a hit I bought tons of the recipe cards for that recipe. I tried it with different salsas and the one that makes it the tastiest is "La Costeña" brand green salsa. I sold a lot of stainless steel mixing bowls with that recipe too. It has a Chilaquile taste that people like.

I really like this recipe, too. The chips in the egg mixture help reduce the richness and add a grain texture and flavor. It's also a good recipe to show that the cookware is oven safe. People never seem to believe that until they see it. :rolleyes: Just be careful when taking it out of the oven - make sure you use mitts.It can be a little tricky to slide out of the pan onto a platter in one piece, but it'll slice fine using the Cook's Tool turner right in the pan.

Mmmm, I love this recipe - and I usually make it w/o meat.

I love to serve it with salsa, guacamole, and sour cream on the side.

chefann said:
I really like this recipe, too. The chips in the egg mixture help reduce the richness and add a grain texture and flavor. It's also a good recipe to show that the cookware is oven safe. People never seem to believe that until they see it. :rolleyes: Just be careful when taking it out of the oven - make sure you use mitts.

It can be a little tricky to slide out of the pan onto a platter in one piece, but it'll slice fine using the Cook's Tool turner right in the pan.

I never took it out of the pan! :) I put the tomatoes and cheese then cut it right out of the pan.

Addie4TLC said:
I never took it out of the pan! :) I put the tomatoes and cheese then cut it right out of the pan.

that's what I do too.

1. What is a brunch show with Pampered Chef?

A brunch show with Pampered Chef is an interactive event where guests can sample and experience different brunch recipes and kitchen tools, while also learning about the benefits of hosting a Pampered Chef party.

2. What types of recipes are typically featured at a brunch show?

At a brunch show, you can expect to find a variety of breakfast and brunch recipes, such as egg bakes, French toast, and fruit salads. There may also be recipes for cocktails or mocktails to accompany the food.

3. Do I need to have experience cooking to host a brunch show?

No, you do not need to have experience cooking to host a brunch show with Pampered Chef. Our consultants will guide you through the recipes and provide tips and tricks to make the process easy and enjoyable for everyone.

4. Can I customize the recipes for my brunch show?

Yes, you can work with your Pampered Chef consultant to customize the recipes for your brunch show based on dietary restrictions or personal preferences. They can also suggest alternative ingredients or substitutions if needed.

5. Are there any special tools or equipment needed to host a brunch show?

No, you do not need any special tools or equipment to host a brunch show. Your Pampered Chef consultant will bring all the necessary kitchen tools and appliances to make the recipes. However, if you do have any specific tools or equipment that you would like to use, you are welcome to incorporate them into the show.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sandilou
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sandilou
  • babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
hollye44
Replies