• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Urgent Gravy for 30 Min Chicken: How Can I Make It Without Any Special Tools?

In summary, the author says that she has never made gravy before and does not have a gravy separator. She suggests that she make a roux with butter or oil, melt or heat the oil and add an equal amount of flour. She then suggests adding 1 cup of broth (or water with a boullion cube in it) to the roux. She adds a pinch of thyme if she used it on the chicken and salt and pepper to taste.
babywings76
Gold Member
I have never made gravy before. Okay, stop laughing. I know, I know, it's sad. But true. I don't have a gravy separator. So....What do I do? I always make the 30 min chicken and my family wishes we had a gravy to go w/ it and mashed potatoes. I don't have store bought gravy pouches or jars. So, how can I turn the juices in the DCB into some type of gravy?

Usually when I make gravy, it is after cooking a roast or beef tips. I just add flour (a little bit at the time) and whisk it until it is smooth. I continue adding flour until it is the desired consistency.

Don't feel bad, it took me years to learn how to make gravy!!!!! When I first started, I used those cheap gravy packets and made from that, then later I started adding in the meat drippings and improved on flavor. Now, I use bacon grease, I make bacon in the large bar pan and when the grease cools, I pour it into a container and keep it in the fridge. To make gravy from that I use 2 Tbsp flour, 2 Tbsp. grease in skillet til you make a rue? mixed up and no flour lumps, med. to med. high heat. Next I slowly add up to 2 cups of juices (add water if more is needed) I do it slow and continuosly mix with whisk til it is mixed in and consistency I want it. I don't separate juices, I would if I had the separater but I don't. My gravy is not for the faint of diet!!!! If you add flour to hot liquid, it will lump! If you practice it you will get better at it.

I have made the chicken a number of times, and I have found that although there may be some juices at the bottom when I remove the chicken it is mostly grease, because the chicken holds in all the moisture. I would not use the drippings.

Do you have some chicken broth or boullion cubes?

Make a roux with butter or oil (margarine does not work well here), melt or heat the oil and add an equal amount of flour. Whisk until the flour takes on a light tan color and has a nutty smell. Use 2 tbsp oil/butter and 2 tbsp flour. Once your flour is ready, add 1 cup of broth (or water with a boullion cube in it). The broth needs to be room temp or colder, not hot (your gravy will be less lumpy that way). Use more broth, if necessary to make it thinner if necessary. Add a pinch of thyme if you used it on the chicken and salt and pepper to taste.

Thanks for the help! I'll try that next time. Last night we just ate it dry. Looking forward to trying this.

1. How do I make the gravy for 30-minute chicken?

To make the gravy for 30-minute chicken, you will need the following ingredients: chicken broth, butter, all-purpose flour, salt, and pepper. In a saucepan, melt the butter and whisk in the flour until it forms a paste. Slowly pour in the chicken broth while whisking constantly. Bring the mixture to a boil and then reduce the heat and let it simmer until thickened, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper to taste.

2. Can I use a different type of broth for the gravy?

Yes, you can use any type of broth you prefer for the gravy. You can also use vegetable broth if you want to make it vegetarian-friendly. Just make sure to adjust the seasonings accordingly.

3. How can I make the gravy thicker?

If you want a thicker gravy, you can add a cornstarch slurry to the mixture. Mix 1 tablespoon of cornstarch with 1 tablespoon of cold water and slowly add it to the gravy while whisking. Let it simmer for a few more minutes until it reaches your desired consistency.

4. Can I make the gravy ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the gravy ahead of time and reheat it when needed. Store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. When reheating, you may need to add a little bit of broth or water to thin it out as it may thicken in the fridge.

5. What can I serve the gravy with besides chicken?

The gravy for 30-minute chicken is versatile and can be served with many dishes. It goes well with mashed potatoes, roasted vegetables, and even over biscuits for a delicious breakfast option. You can also use it as a dipping sauce for chicken tenders or as a base for pot pie filling.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Jennie4PC
  • kzegar
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies