• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Gluten-Free Recipes: Host's Dilemma Solved!

In summary, the host just found out she needs gluten free recipes and is looking for ideas for a main dish and a dessert.
toneybug
Have a host that just found out she needs gluten free recipes anyone run into this before? I can come up with ideas for a main but what about dessert.

Here's some.. not officially PC

Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies (if peanuts are an issue, I would pass on this one..

1 1/2 c peanut butter (if peanuts were an issue.. maybe soy butter??)
1/2 c softened butter
1 c sugar
1 c packed brown sugar
3 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
4 1/2 c old fashioned oats
2 tsp baking soda
1 c semisweet chocolate chips
1 c dried cranberries or cherries
1 c chopped walnuts

Preheat oven to 350 degrees
In a large bowl, cream peanut butter, butter and sugars. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each. Beat in vanilla.
In another bowl, combine oats and baking soda. Gradually add this mix to the creamed mix. Stir in chips, cranberries, and walnuts.
Drop by heaping tablespoons 2 inches apart on ungreased baking stone (hey, we are the Pampered Chef!) Bake for 12-14 min until done. remove to wire racks to cool.
Makes 9 dozen (or so they say.. I would think a few less)

Basic Pie Crust

1 1 /2 c finely chopped nuts
2 T sugar
2 T soft butter

Place all ingredients in bowl and blend well. Press into bottom of pie plate (again.. Pampered Chef has an excellent stone pie plate!) or springform pan. Bake at 400 for 5 minutes until crust is light brown.

Forgotten Cookies

2 egg whites
pinch of salt
2/3 c sugar
2 c pecan pieces
1 c semi sweet chocolate pieces

Preheat oven to 350.
Beat egg whites until foamy, add salt and sugar and beat until peaks form. Fold in pecans and chocolate chis. Drop onto wax paper lined cookie sheets. Put into heated oven. Turn oven off and leave for 6 hours or overnight.

Irish Soda Bread
Dry Ingredients
2/3 c rice flour
1/2 c potato starch
1/4 c almond flour
1/4 c tapioca flour
1 T sugar
1 tsp xanthan gum
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
pinch of cinnamon
Wet Ingredients
1/3 c currants (soaked in hot water overnight and drained)
3/4 c buttermilk
3 ounces butter melted
1 egg

Oven preheated to 350
Sift together dry ingredients. Combine wet ingredients into a bowl and stir. Slowly pour wet ingredients over the dry. The batter will be stickly and thick. Spread it into a greased and rice floured 6 inch pan and bake for 30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.

1 Bowl Flourless Chocolate Cake with Dark Chocolate Glaze

Cake
8 oz bittersweet chocolate
2 sticks butter cut into 4 pieces each
1 1/4 c unbleached sugar
6 eggs lightly beaten
1 c unsweetened cocoa powder

Glaze
4 oz bittersweet chocolate
3 T butter
1 T milk
1 T Honey
1/4 tsp vannilla

Preheat oven to 375
Spray a 9 inch springform pan or round cake pan with no stick spray. Line bottom with circle of parchment paper and spray paper.

Place chocolate and butter in med saucepan over med low heat. Stirring often, melt the chocolate wit the butter until completely blended. Remove from heat and pour mixture into a laarge mxing bowl. Alternatively, you may use your microwave to melt the butter with the chocolate. Add sugar and mix well. Add eggs, a little at a time and mix well. Sift cocoa onto mix and stir until just blended. Por batter into prepated pan and bake for 35- 40 min unil cake has risen and the top has formed a thin crust. It may crack just a bit. The cake should be just firm in the center when done. Cool for 10 minutes, then invert onto a plate. Remove paper and allow cake to cool.

For glaze: while cake is baking, prepare. In a small saucepan, over med low heat, melt chocolate with butter, stirring frequently until smooth. Remove from heat and stir in milk, honey and vailla. Set aside to cool slightly. Whne cake has cooled, pour glaze onto center. Using spatula or back of spoon, very gently smooth glaze along the top an sides of cake. Chill for 30 min to allow glaze to set. Serves 10-12

Hello I used to have to have a gluten free diet here is a wonderful website that I found with tons of gluten free recipes.

http://www.celiac.com/st_main.html?p_catid=20

hope this helps. I think simple is best so I would go with a pb cookie recipe i use all the tme
1 egg
1 cup pb
1 cup sugar.

let me know if you have any other questions

great minds what can I say.

poohritz said:
great minds what can I say.

Good thing I read thru the posts before posting - I was going to post the same website....again!
Some people don't realize that there is gluten in alot of things besides wheat flour - so a gluten-free website is your best bet for finding recipes!

poohritz said:
Hello I used to have to have a gluten free diet here is a wonderful website that I found with tons of gluten free recipes.

http://www.celiac.com/st_main.html?p_catid=20

hope this helps. I think simple is best so I would go with a pb cookie recipe i use all the tme
1 egg
1 cup pb
1 cup sugar.

WOW!! This is so kewl! A friend of mines mom just started this & she'll be thrilled with this info....:D

oats have gluten!!!

Thanks you guys this helps a lot.

What are gluten-free recipes?

Gluten-free recipes are dishes that do not contain gluten, a protein found in wheat, barley, and rye. These recipes are suitable for individuals who have celiac disease or gluten sensitivity, as well as those who choose to follow a gluten-free diet for other health reasons.

Are all Pampered Chef products gluten-free?

No, not all Pampered Chef products are gluten-free. However, we offer a wide range of gluten-free products, including baking mixes, sauces, and seasonings. You can easily identify gluten-free products by looking for the gluten-free label on the packaging.

Can I use regular ingredients in gluten-free recipes?

No, regular ingredients such as wheat flour, breadcrumbs, and soy sauce contain gluten and cannot be used in gluten-free recipes. Instead, you can substitute these ingredients with gluten-free alternatives, such as almond flour, gluten-free breadcrumbs, and tamari sauce.

How can I ensure that my gluten-free dishes are safe for my guests?

To ensure that your gluten-free dishes are safe for your guests, it is important to read labels carefully and avoid cross-contamination. Use separate utensils, cutting boards, and cooking surfaces for gluten-free ingredients, and always wash your hands before handling gluten-free food. Additionally, you can check with your guests beforehand to see if they have any specific dietary restrictions or allergies.

Do you have any gluten-free recipe recommendations?

Yes, we have a variety of delicious gluten-free recipes on our website, including entrees, desserts, and snacks. You can also find gluten-free recipes in our cookbooks and on our social media channels. Our consultants are also available to provide personalized recommendations for gluten-free recipes based on your specific needs and preferences.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• 1PamperedMommy
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Jennie4PC
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • jilly
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies