• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Glazed Teriyaki Meatballs & Noodles

This recipe was really delicious when we made it for our cluster meeting this week. It was my first time preparing it..
pkd09
Silver Member
One word.....FABULOUS! My mind is already working on cutting back on the time for a quick dinner....purchase frozen meatballs and thaw them out. One tip: the teriyaki baste & glaze (Kikkomon brand) I found in the specialty section of the grocery store and the jar states 12 oz. but when I poured it into the measuring cup (only needed 8 oz), it emptied the jar! I have already email Kikkomon about this. DH loved it and so did a neighbor that we shared it with. This is definitely a keeper and show demo.

Ooh, sounds yummy, but I'm vegetarian. I can use veggie meatballs, though! I gotta try this - thanks for the tip! :)

I made just the meatballs last night for my sisters jewelry party and they were GREAT. Everyone loved them. Actually everyone loved all the PC dishes I made, but this one seemed to stand out. I cant wait to make the meal for dinner with udon noodles.

What are udon noodles?
Deb

Udon is a type of thick wheat-flour noodle popular in Japanese cuisine.

What would be a good substitute? Since the recipe is in the weekly dinners recipe card collection and I don't have that yet...it looks like spaghetti on the cover the new fall catalog.
Deb

The recipe actually calls for spaghetti, but i substituted the udon noodles. I don't know if i'll do that again though, they seemed a little mushy. But, that was the first time i have made udon noodles, so i may have overcooked them.

I made them the day I got the cards. I did have to do substitutions since I didn't have many of the ingredients. I did the meatballs as written. I used stir fry sauce instead of teriyaki and rice instead of noodles. DH and I LOVED it. Oh- I also used frozen snow peas and fresh colored bell peppers. I can see this recipe being VERY versatile! It would also make a great potluck recipe with no noodles.

Yes, very versitile. You could use rice instead of spaghetti, any stir fry style veggies, ground turkey instead of hamburger, frozen meatballs thawed to save a little time. Instead of serving them in two separate bowls I put the spaghetti at the bottle of the large round dots bowl then poured the meatballs/veggies over the spaghetti. Looked awesome!

Does anybody have the recipe for the glazed teriyaki meatballs handy?

I'd like to make a grocery stop on my way home from work and I have my recipe card thingy at home.

Thanks!

OK, I'm new to this forum and Pampered Chef and I would really like to try this recipe and have not received my cards with this recipe on it. Would someone mind sharing?Thanks

Can anyone help? See above

Here you go - Enjoy!

Glazed Teriyaki Meatballs and Noodles

12 oz uncooked spaghetti noodles
1 ¼ lbs 90% lean ground beef
½ cup finely chopped onions
¼ cup plain dry bread crumbs
1 egg
2 tbsp Asian Seasoning Mix
1 bag (16oz) frozen stir-fry vegetable blend (such as broccoli carrots and pea pods) thawed
1 cup prepared teriyaki base and glaze, divided
2 tbsp vegetable oil
3 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced

1) Cook noodles according to package directions, drain and set aside. Meanwhile, combine beef, onion, bread crumbs, egg and seasoning mix in mixing bowl; mix well. Using level medium scoop, form into 24 meatballs; place into deep covered baker. Microwave, covered, on high 5-7 minutes or until outside surface of meatballs are no longer pink; drain. Add vegetables and ¾ cup of the baste and glaze. Cover; microwave 4-6 minutes or until internal temperature of meatballs reaches 160°F.

2) Meanwhile, heat oil in 12in skillet over medium-high heat 1-3 minutes or until shimmering. Cook garlic 1-2 minutes or until light golden brown, stirring occasionally. Add noodles and remaining ¼ cup baste and glaze; cook 3-4 minutes or until hot. Divide noodles evenly among bowls. Top with glazed meatballs and vegetables.

Yield: 6 servings

what is teriyaki base???

peache2me said:
what is teriyaki base???

My guess is the terryaki sauce you can get in the bottles at the store. Kikkoman, Yosida's, Lawry's etc.

THis is a great recipe. I LOVE IT!!!

This recipe was really delicious when we made it for our cluster meeting this week. It was my first time preparing it..

The Terriyaki Baste called for..I found easily in the Asian section of my local grocer ( KROGER).....They had a name brand, and even the store brand version.

smilesarepriceless said:

The Terriyaki Baste called for..I found easily in the Asian section of my local grocer ( KROGER).....They had a name brand, and even the store brand version.

We just had this at our cluster meeting too! It was yummy!:chef:

1. How do I make the glazed teriyaki meatballs and noodles?

To make the glazed teriyaki meatballs and noodles, you will need frozen meatballs, teriyaki sauce, sesame oil, garlic, ginger, honey, soy sauce, and noodles. First, cook the meatballs according to package instructions. In a separate pan, combine the teriyaki sauce, sesame oil, garlic, ginger, honey, and soy sauce. Once the sauce is heated through, add in the cooked meatballs and let them simmer in the sauce for a few minutes. In the meantime, cook the noodles according to package instructions. Serve the glazed meatballs and sauce over the noodles and enjoy!

2. Can I use fresh meatballs instead of frozen?

Yes, you can use fresh meatballs instead of frozen for this recipe. Just make sure to cook them thoroughly before adding them to the sauce.

3. Can I use a different type of noodle?

Absolutely! While the recipe calls for noodles, you can use any type of pasta you prefer such as spaghetti, fettuccine, or even rice noodles.

4. How long will the glazed teriyaki meatballs and noodles last in the fridge?

If stored in an airtight container, the glazed teriyaki meatballs and noodles will last for 3-4 days in the fridge. Just make sure to reheat them thoroughly before serving.

5. Can I make this dish ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the glazed teriyaki meatballs and noodles ahead of time. Simply cook the meatballs and noodles separately, and store them in the fridge. When ready to serve, reheat the meatballs in the teriyaki sauce and heat up the noodles. Then combine them and enjoy!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kdangel518
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
pkd09
Replies
Views
Curlyone
Replies
Views
kam