• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Looking for a Gingerbread Mold Recipe?

In summary, the Gingerbread Mold found at Goodwill is a gingerbread house mold and the recipe to make the mold is found online.
AmyR
Hello~
I just found a Gingerbread Mold in Excellent Condition at Goodwill...yeah!! Does anyone have a recipe to make the molds??
Amy

Here's a recipe I found...I'm so jealous! I've been wanting to get one. Let me know how it turns out. Here's the recipe for the gingerbread house I found on a PC Recipes Site. Take care.

Pampered Chef Gingerbread House Mold

3 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. ground ginger
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 ground cloves
1/2 cup solid vegetable shortening
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup molasses
1 egg

Lightly spray the mold with nonstick cooking spray; blot out any excess oil using paper towel. Combine flour, cinnamon, ginger, baking soda, salt and cloves; mix well. In large mixing bowl, beat shortening and sugar until blended. Add molasses and egg; beat until smooth. Gradually add flour mixture; mix well.

Shape dough into a ball; divide dough into 2 portions. Wrap each portion in plastic wrap; chill 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Press 1 portion of dough firmly into prepared mold, filling all sections. Holding serrated knife parallel to the surface of the mold cut excess dough from mold.

Bake 17-20 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to cooling rack. Cool in mold 5 minutes. Carefully remove cookie pieces from mold; cool completely. Cool mold completely before filling with remaining dough.

Repeat procedure with remaining dough.

Note: It is only necessary to fill the chimney section of the house once.

Royal Icing Recipe:
Makes 2 cups icing or enough to assemble and decorate one Gingerbread House or School/Post Office.

4 cups powdered sugar
3 Tbsp. meringue powder*
6 Tbsp. water

Place all ingredients in a medium non-plastic mixing bowl. Beat at medium speed of electric mixer 5 to 7 minutes or until icing is glossy and holds peaks. The icing dries very quickly; cover with a damp towel when not being used.

To store for later use, place in an airtight container and refrigerate. Mix thoroughly before using. Icing may be tinted using food coloring (liquid, paste or powder), if desired.

*Meringue powder (pasteurized egg whites and cream of tartar) is available at craft stores or retail stores that sell cake decorating supplies.

Makes 1 Gingerbread House

Hey-- I forgot that I have one of these buried in my office. I'll have to pull it out!
:)

What is a gingerbread mold recipe?

A gingerbread mold recipe is a type of recipe that uses a specialized mold to create gingerbread in a specific shape or design. The mold is typically made of metal or silicone and can range from simple shapes like a gingerbread man to more intricate designs.

Do I have to use a gingerbread mold for this recipe?

While a gingerbread mold is recommended for the best results, you can still make gingerbread using a regular baking pan or cookie cutters. However, using a mold ensures that the gingerbread will have a consistent shape and design.

Can I use any gingerbread recipe with the mold?

Yes, you can use any gingerbread recipe with the mold. However, make sure to follow the instructions for the specific mold you are using, as baking times and temperatures may vary.

How do I properly clean and care for my gingerbread mold?

To clean your gingerbread mold, wash it with warm soapy water and a soft cloth. Do not use abrasive cleaners or harsh scrubbers, as they can damage the mold. Make sure to dry the mold thoroughly after washing and store it in a cool, dry place.

Can I use the gingerbread mold for other recipes?

Yes, you can use the gingerbread mold for other recipes such as chocolate, jello, or even ice cubes. Just make sure to properly clean and dry the mold between uses and avoid using it for both sweet and savory recipes to avoid flavor transfer.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• KathyG.
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
CarolynnLee
  • pamperedlinda
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Shell Northway
  • dawn424383