Gift Certificate

Discussion in 'Bridal Showers' started by wadesgirl, May 2, 2011.

1. wadesgirl

wadesgirl Gold Member

I have a guest asking about purchasing a gift certificate for the bride. I would rather her "give" money to the bride instead of purchasing a gift certificate so the bride doesn't have to pay anything out of pocket. What's the best way to relay this in an email.

2. wadesgirl

wadesgirl Gold Member

Bumping for the morning crowd!

3. mountainmama74

mountainmama74 Gold Member

I'm not sure I understand your question...

But perhaps you could have her give you money, and you could create a "gift certificate" that can be used only through you - that way the bride doesn't have to pay for direct shipping because she can just add that to her total when she closes out her show or you can add her order to another show.

4. wadesgirl

wadesgirl Gold Member

She wants to buy a PC gift certificate instead of purchasing for the bride. Usually in the past I've had people who gave a check or money to the bride but never purchased a gift certificate. I hate PC gift certificates and def don't want the guest to purchase one on this shower only to have the bride go through ordering with it as you mentioned. She contact me via email and I was trying to figure out the best way to explain this to her.

5. Even if the buyer gave the bride cash, she might still end up spending her own money - you never know. Does the buyer have any idea what the bride might want to buy? If so, you could total up a sample order and give the purchaser that amount for the gift certificate. But don't use the one's from the company. Create your own, with a note that it's redeemable only thru you. That way you can guide the bride when she's making her purchase. I've found pretty bridal or bridal-looking card stock at Kinkos, Office Depot or Office Max. Use a pretty font and it will look professional and beautiful.

6. NooraK

NooraK Gold Member

I know you know how the GC works, but you're looking for wording as to how to explain it to the customer, right?

How about something like this:

Thank you for getting in touch with me. I think it is wonderful that you wish to allow the bride to choose what she needs and wants the most by purchasing a gift certificate. I do want to let you know a tidbit of information regarding the standard gift certificates that you might not be aware of. The official gift certificates are only redeemable through Pampered Chef's website. What this means for Bride is that when she places her order, she will have to pay direct shipping charges, which can be around [$$ based on how much she wants the certificate to be].

As an alternative, I offer personalized gift certificates redeemable through me. Bride can then use this certificate to order products through her bridal shower, or at any time in the future through me, and she will be able to do so through a show, and save significantly on shipping (and I'm sure your intention with the gift is not to get her shipping services, but items for her kitchen).

If you still wish to purchase an official gift certificate, I can process the order for you, but I wanted to make sure you had all the information you needed to make you decision.

I would not take the option of a HO GC away from her, if she REALLY wants it, but make it very appealing to get a GC from you.

7. wadesgirl

wadesgirl Gold Member

Perfect! Exactly what I was looking for!!

8. lt1jane

lt1jane Gold Member

you may also want to add that when redeeming the GC through the PC website, the bride is not allowed to use any discounts at all, she cannot use her 10% discount and she is not allowed to purchase outlet items. Otherwise, Noora's response is terrific.

Some people don't mind having to pay direct shipping, but they get downright angry when they find out they are not allowed to use the disoconts they earned.